The Case For Biden

MontereyJack

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 02:59 pm
@snood,
Anyone who thinks warren is an extremist is an extremist himself.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 03:02 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

I hope so. The problem is that most "progressives" don't consider Warren a progressive. In fact they have already been been grumbling over some of the picks already last I read about it.

But I hope Biden ignores both those progressives and the moderate democrats and just picks Warren since she has been at this financial stuff since Occupy Wall Street.

The AOC contingent is pissing me off lately. I would feel a lot better about all of her activism if she confronted other Dems face to face and honestly tried to persuade them or hash things out before going straight to trashing them in the press. It just seems like she’s more interested in seeking the status of hero for the progressives than actually trying to eke out victories by trying to work with other Dems. It’s hard for me to respect someone after I get the impression that they seek the limelight over other considerations.

As for Liz Warren being Sec Treasury...

I think people sleep on Elizabeth Warren. I think she doesn’t get nearly the credit she deserves as an advocate for consumers.

She proposed the Consumer Financial Protection Agency and was the original Director.

If you think Kamala Harris or Katie Porter are tough and take no bs as questioners, just check out what Warren regularly did to bigwig crooks when they came before Congress. And she is always toughest on crooked, greedy CEOs and Wall Street types.

I believe in her passion for fairness. I think that as Sec Treasury, that passion would seek to serve the working people first.

I don’t even have a second preference right now.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 03:31 pm
Okay, I’ve just gotten my first big issue with the president-elect.

He is on social media asking for donations to get funding for the transition that is being denied him by the Trumplicans.

I responded that I might not mind donating to a do-it-yourself transition fund if there had been any indication he had first tried to fight to force them into doing the undeniably right thing.

I am offended that they are denying him funds and information and office space that is rightfully his, and his reaction is to roll over and beg.
roger

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 03:42 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I (still Republican) expect to have many issues with Biden. When I do, feel free to remind me that he isn't Trump
snood

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 03:56 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

snood wrote:

I (still Republican) expect to have many issues with Biden. When I do, feel free to remind me that he isn't Trump

Sorry, why ever would I want to do that?
roger

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 04:43 pm
@snood,
Because your name is snood.
snood

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 04:51 pm
@roger,
Well, I don’t know what that’s supposed to mean, either. You’re not making sense.
Tell you what - I might not remind you that Biden isn’t Trump (?), but I will point out when you’re talking bollocks, m’kay?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 07:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
Looks like he was cheated out of that so can't really blame the prediction.
oralloy

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 07:43 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
But, you said Trump’s going to be president until 2025.

Nice red herring. Stick with your silly fantasies about an extremist cabinet if you like.

But in the end, the Republicans in the Senate are not going to approve of anyone other than centrist moderates.
snood

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 07:47 pm
@oralloy,
Red herring? You either said it or you didn’t .
oralloy

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 08:05 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Red herring?

Correct.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 08:30 pm
@snood,
I don't think he knows what 'red herring' means.
oralloy

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 08:36 pm
@glitterbag,
You are again wrong.

You should be used to it by now.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 08:57 pm
Its interesting , the GOP has been balkanizing into two separate clubs.
1. The traditional GOP who are good honest opposition party mmbrs

2 ANti American, Traitorous ass kissin Trumpistas who will do anything to try to steal an election when, none of the manufactured lies about election fraud have borne any fruit. So their "Fat Looey"
the Gibbon leader is now trying to convince his useless dross to take direct action to dispose of the US election process by fraudulently changing their states electoral count.

It appears that the party is turning against itself as the Monkey King has set down his appeal to "his base" .
All hes trying to do is to avoid paying for his crimes for another 4 felonious years.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 10:26 pm
@McGentrix,
No cheating involved. Trump has disgusted the majority of americans for four years and we showed our displeasure with him massively the first chance we got. Biden's lead is now up to six million double the margin in 2016, because he is the most divisive hate-filled corrupt liar who ever sleazed his way into the presidency.
snood

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 10:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

No cheating involved. Trump has disgusted the majority of americans for four years and we showed our displeasure with him massively the first chance we got. Biden's lead is now up to six million double the margin in 2016, because he is the most divisive hate-filled corrupt liar who ever sleazed his way into the presidency.

I see your divisive hate-filled corrupt liar, and I raise you an incompetent, traitorous, fraudulent wretch.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 11:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Giving the voters in Montana a greater say in electing a president for a!ll of us than the citizens of Michigan is undemocratic. Giving Michiganders a greater say than Californians is undemocratic. one citizen one vote, not one citizen 1.2votes.

This disparity in "say" is not all that great.

I'm fine with reducing the disparity though, so long the Electoral College is retained.

Passing the Apportionment Amendment would eliminate almost all of this disparity in an instant, and would do it without harming the electoral college.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 11:35 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Seriously? You're grasping, badly.

Not really. See you in 2024. And in 2022 before that in fact.

snood wrote:
Like a boxer boasting about a rematch- right after taking an ass whuppin'.

Your characterization of the election results has no connection with reality. The results were actually pretty close in the swing states.

snood wrote:
You just wait for four years! Then I'll show ya!
Pitiful.

Your childish need to mischaracterize my post as pitiful says quite a lot about you, and none of it good.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 11:36 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Despite any constitutions, laws, essays, philosphies, arguments to the contrary - the will of a people will always be the will of the majority. Anything less is the will as defined by someone with a flawed, or vested interest.
That of course is not to say that the will of minorities should or should not be protected (ie. there would be a vested interest in protecting the will of a minority). And nor is it to say that any system would be perfect.

The Electoral College result is an expression of the will of the majority.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Nov, 2020 11:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
oralloy calling someone else rude and obnoxious is blind to self-knowledge.

The only time I'm ever rude and obnoxious is when I'm responding in kind to someone who is rude and obnoxious.
0 Replies