The Case For Biden

Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 02:22 pm
@parados,
But it beats the hell out of shouting "Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi" all the time. That becomes nonsense syllables after a while...where "used an insecure, home server " almost never goes stale. Wink

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 02:47 pm
@parados,
OMG you have just secured a permanent certification as a "Clinton Apologist" I've never bought the idea that anyone here was a paid political operative, but you make me wonder.
engineer

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 02:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm going to disagree, but not strongly. A lot of people in 2009 considered President Obama to the left of Clinton. I think a moderate in the top slot with a more left candidate in the VP slot would be very formidable. I think a left of moderate in the top slot would could still win. There is a base electoral college edge to the Democrats. They could still lose Ohio and win overall. Sanders or Warren would get out the vote in segments like the young where the Democrats have serious support and serious issues with turnout. It also depends on if the Republicans nominate someone with broad appeal. Bush or Rubio might have a chance, but moderates looking at Sanders or Trump won't have any trouble going for Sanders.
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 02:51 pm
@engineer,
As I've said a couple of times...I hope you guys are right...and that I am all wet.

I would not mind eating crow for something like this.

I guess we will all see how it plays out next year.
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 02:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
If you are hyping the anti-Clinton line, then it is failure to guard state secrets. If you are everyone in the middle it is "yeah, no one's email is secure." If you are Clinton supporter, it's all part of the vast right wing conspiracy. That middle group is the only one that counts in this election and I doubt they really care. For all that she failed to use a government approved secure system, we haven't read those emails. I can find a lot of official, protected emails on wikileaks.
parados

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 03:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ok Finn. Please point out one email that was classified at the time Clinton sent it. I'll wait patiently but you better find one in the next month or people will get tired of your inability to actually provide evidence.
parados

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 03:08 pm
@engineer,
I would guess that all of those emails are presently sitting on a server in Congress since they were all turned over to them.

Hmmm.. it kind of makes you wonder about who has access, doesn't it?
roger

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:23 pm
@parados,
A wonder based on a guess.
revelette2

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 08:41 am
@roger,
If they were in fact turned over to congress, where else would they be? Although her thumb drive is turned over to the FBI I think?
0 Replies

parados

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 09:57 am
@roger,
Just as many facts as most of the attacks on Clinton have at this point.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 12:57 pm
@parados,
Pure Clinton apologist BS

Do they send you an update every day?

hawkeye10

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 11:23 am
Quote:
A new Quinnipiac University poll out Thursday suggests that Joe Biden would fair better than Hillary Clinton in hypothetical general matchups with a trio of top Republicans. The vice president bested Donald Trump by 8 points (48-40), Jeb Bush by 6 points (45-39), and Marco Rubio by 3 points (44-41) in the survey of registered voters. Clinton notched wins in all three contests as well, but her margins of victory were less than half those of Biden. She edged Trump by 4 points (45-41), Bush by 2 points (42-40), and Rubio by only 1 point (44-43.) Bernie Sanders, meanwhile, beat Trump and Bush by 3 and by 4 points, respectively, and lost to Rubio by 1.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/08/27/joe_biden_poll_quinnipiac_survey_suggests_veep_would_fare_better_against.html
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:45 pm
Latest news is Biden is making the rounds of Union bosses He may not have decided to get it, but he's obviously seriously thinking about it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 08:33 am
Clinton quietly trying to discourage Biden from a 2016 bid
Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — In ways both subtle and blunt, Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign is sending a message to Vice President Joe Biden about his potential presidential campaign: This won't be easy.

As Biden ponders a challenge to Clinton for the Democratic nomination, she has rolled out a string of high-profile endorsements in the early-voting contests of Iowa and South Carolina and scheduled an onslaught of fundraisers across the country in the effort to throw cold water on a possible Biden bid.

Donors who have publicly expressed support for a Biden run have been contacted by the Clinton team, according to donors and Democratic strategists who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the private conversations. Even Clinton herself has made a few calls, they said, to express her disappointment.

While Clinton and her team speak warmly of Biden in public, they have taken steps to show their dominance over the party's establishment and President Barack Obama's political infrastructure in hopes of quietly discouraging the vice president from entering the race.

The effort comes as Clinton and the Democratic field of candidates prepare to address members of the Democratic National Committee on Friday during their summer meeting in Minneapolis. The night before her formal address, Clinton made her case in private briefings to attendees. Meanwhile, representatives from a super PAC backing Biden plan to woo delegates in his absence.

"I have great deal of admiration and affection for him," Clinton said of Biden during a stop in Iowa on Wednesday. "I think he has to make what is a very difficult decision for himself and his family. He should have the space and the opportunity to decide what he wants to do."

While Biden considered his options, Clinton's team released a series of memos Thursday night that detailed their organizing work in early-voting states. "For months, we were the only campaign on either side of the aisle with offices and staff reaching out to voters," wrote Clay Middleton, her state director in South Carolina. "This head start has provided an organizing advantage."

Clinton's campaign has taken other steps in South Carolina, where Biden has deep ties, to showcase her clout. She recently picked up the endorsements of two former governors, Jim Hodges and Dick Riley, the latter who served as education secretary during Bill Clinton's administration. Her campaign's chairman, John Podesta, appeared at an event in the state last week.

During a trip to the Iowa State Fair earlier this month, former Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin joined Clinton and endorsed her campaign. When she returned to Iowa this week, she was joined by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, a former Iowa governor who wrote in an op-ed in the Gazette of Cedar Rapids that he intended to caucus for her, "plain and simple."

Clinton's fundraising apparatus has extensive overlap with Biden's, causing some awkwardness among their donors.

"I plan on supporting Secretary Clinton. She is the announced candidate," said George Tsunis, a Long Island, New York, businessman and a top donor to Obama and Biden's 2012 re-election campaign. "If the vice president were to announce his candidacy and run, I would be supporting the vice president."

Clinton's campaign, however, is not leaving an opening in fundraising, lining up about three-dozen events in September after the Labor Day holiday. The stops include Atlanta; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Cincinnati; Dallas; Little Rock, Arkansas; Milwaukee; New York; Port Elizabeth, Maine; and Washington, D.C.

Some of the events will be hosted by leading donors to Obama and Biden's campaigns, including New Jersey public relations executive Michael Kempner, Dallas attorney Marc Stanley, Washington money management executive Frank White Jr., and Rep. Don Beyer, D-Va., who previously served as Obama's ambassador to Switzerland.

In Chicago, Clinton is scheduled to attend fundraisers on Sept. 17 hosted by two longtime Obama supporters, attorney Joseph Power and businessman Michael Polsky.

While her husband presides over the annual Clinton Global Initiative meeting in New York in late September, Clinton will raise money at seven fundraisers planned in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Following her West Coast swing, she will tap into the network of country music stars Faith Hill and Tim McGraw at a Nashville fundraiser on Sept. 29.

Those advocating for a Biden run say they'll be able to build a vibrant primary organization and have already solicited commitments from a number of Clinton backers who say they are ready to switch sides.

"They don't want to put their neck out unless they know Biden is in this," said Jon Cooper, finance chairman of the Draft Biden super PAC, and a top Obama fundraiser. "But I have no doubt he'll be able to put together a national fundraising infrastructure in place overnight." He estimated the PAC would raise as much as $3 million over the next few weeks.

Asked about the possibility of Biden running, House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told the San Francisco Chronicle on Wednesday, "I just don't know. I just don't know."

She added: "I think there's a lot of excitement in the country to have the first woman president of the United States. ... We want to win. We have to win."

0 Replies

parados

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 08:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I see you can't answer my simple request and tell us which email was classified but can only attack me for asking it.

So you claim Clinton sent classified emails. I ask you to tell us which one was classified. You call me names. Who is the one that isn't being honest in this discussion?
farmerman

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 09:18 am
I predict that he will not run.
ossobuco

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 09:59 am
@farmerman,
I predict so too, but remain hopeful.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 10:59 am
I join Farmerman and Ossobuco in predicting that Biden WILL NOT run.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 11:32 am
@parados,
Oh come on.

Inspectors General reported that classified information was found in the e-mails they reviewed, but they didn't bother to tell me (or anyone else I imagine) which ones. I take that back, they probably told the FBI who began and investigation.

Yours is the classic Clinton hyper-technical defense:

Lie, stonewall, obfuscate, but destroy any shred of evidence you possibly can while all the time demanding to see the evidence!

Why don't you ask the better part than 50% of the country who believes she lied (and there is proof of that) and can't be trusted, for their smoking guns?

She may not be charged, convicted or sentenced but the whole affair stinks to high heaven and no one needs to actually see and touch the dead rats in the bathroom where here server was stored, to be repulsed by the odor.

I'm sure Clinton is just as confident as you.

0 Replies

korkamann

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 11:47 am

"Pure Clinton apologist BS"?! Oh No! Republicans need to get themselves another shtick! The Republican BullSh*t game has no equal! GOPers stand alone in manufacturing lies on top of lies against their opponent! Why Trump is saying Hillary will soon be facing criminal charges and may not remain in the race much longer! Clearly this fool need no help in propaganda dispersion and has Clinton already in line to be shot for criminal acts against the state!