Charleston Church Massacre: Thug, Terrorism, Disturbed Loner?

Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 07:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
What a gross piece of stupidity from Moore....the flag did it !
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 07:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
the very ones that fought to keep them enslaved
All of them...Really ? Change the street names, that'll fix everything .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 07:49 pm
@CoastalRat,
You are missing eddies point....there are NO racists in the north . None . It is impossible because they are such lovely people .
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 07:50 pm
@CoastalRat,
Michael Moore is a partisan opportunist, fine, but I still have not heard u condemn the thought police.

Dont disappointment me, i know that you are intelligent enough to know how wrong this is. Speak the truth, Dont wimp out!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 07:51 pm
@CoastalRat,
Quote:
But until we stop using color to describe something, we just keep making it harder on ourselves.
Edy thinks the problem is geographical...something in the water .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 07:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
http://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10014900_1714571335453924_3748372953969536748_n.jpg?oh=cf1cc62268a53d81619b6c544a0720a0&oe=562CB28C Dese fotos tel it all...dey was afta our wite wimmin ! The only think I have ever seen in a white supremacist was a doubtful shade of white...they are usually well below average . Lethal injection is too good for him .
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 08:00 pm
@Ionus,
I dont agree with capital punishment except in some rare cases of treason. But in this case I am more than willing to pay for life behind bars.
Banana Breath

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 08:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
I find most folks who are "opposed to capital punishment" disingenuous. If you say "I can't endorse killing this guy so let's toss him naked into a pool filled with sharks and lock the door" that is still killing them but letting the sharks do the dirty work. UNLESS you have personally dedicated your life to ensuring prisons provide a safe and humane environment, then it is little different from said shark tank.
Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 08:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
Nine beautiful people going about their lives trying not to harm anyone and this piece of **** lashes out because he feels like it . The Russians and Chinese have it right . Take them out in a paddock and put a bullet into their brain pan . Bill the family for the bullet .
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 09:52 pm
@Ionus,
Hurting people after they go to the dark side is not a plan to a good result.

People these days are so ******* stupid.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:11 pm
@Banana Breath,
Banana Breath wrote:

I find most folks who are "opposed to capital punishment" disingenuous. If you say "I can't endorse killing this guy so let's toss him naked into a pool filled with sharks and lock the door" that is still killing them but letting the sharks do the dirty work. UNLESS you have personally dedicated your life to ensuring prisons provide a safe and humane environment, then it is little different from said shark tank.
I have long claimed that sexual assault in prison is wrong, and I have advocated have for prison over killing. I dont see a problem.
Banana Breath

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 12:17 am
@hawkeye10,
So in effect you drop the convicted in the shark tank and walk away saying "I sure hope sharks and people can learn to get along." Yeah, it rings hollow, and it comes as no surprise that you "don't see a problem."

0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 12:43 am
@Banana Breath,
Nice analogy, and I agree.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 04:39 am
@hawkeye10,
Dont tell me...you want to hold a murderer's hand and sing Kumbaya . Much damage is done to society by these low lives and the feeling that they got away with murder only makes it worse .
Banana Breath

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 08:30 am
@Ionus,
Quite to the contrary. When there's a horrific crime and there is no question as to the identity of the perpetrator, the death penalty is called for and is appropriate. When long time incarceration is used, it is the duty of every civilization worth of that term to ensure the basic safety and health of its charges. Is that a large effort? It is indeed. Closing your eyes to the problems in prisons will not make them go away, and it's merely hypocritical to criticize other nations that use punishments such as caning and cutting off hands while prisoners in the US are all too often beaten, sodomized and even murdered while guards turn a blind eye and are never prosecuted for the lapses in security.
farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 09:51 am
@Banana Breath,
Ive recently changed my mind about death penalty. It issnt really a punishment, its a release for many of these nuts.
However, if we put this guy in jail for life, Im afraid the skinheads will dopt him as a mascot and would sing his praises.

So-- Maybe life in solitude, silence, and sensory deprivation.

And every so often they blare a boat horn for several minutes. But e never do it on a fixed schedule, they always change the time and duration and these blarings would be selected by a random number generator.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 11:38 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Maybe life in solitude, silence, and sensory deprivation.

Well, it is certainly a less humane way to go than a needle, so if brutality is your goal you have a winner here.

Me, I want justice.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 11:47 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Dont tell me...you want to hold a murderer's hand and sing Kumbaya . Much damage is done to society by these low lives and the feeling that they got away with murder only makes it worse .

You and most everyone else keep yapping about retribution. I am looking for justice instead. Here what we likely have is a fucked in the head young man who was maladjusted and hurting, which is our responsibility as the collective to try to prevent and when it does happen know about and take action, he was hurting and decided that the correct course of action was to cause pain by taking innocent lives....which he did, and our response is to cause him as much pain as possible in retaliation? My. arn't we so civilized. We are never going to get off of the abuser/victim treadmill so long as we cant get past our sadism. I am aiming for better, and for that to happen we need to be better, we need to do better.
farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 11:54 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Me, I want justice.

Spoken like a politician.. Say something but make sure it has little content of original thought.

Justice is the requital of an act by punishment or reward. cmon Take a stand Hawkee.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 12:11 pm
@farmerman,
I don't like the death penalty for a few reasons, the biggist that it is the state killing a person, and, second, the sometimes wrong incarcerations of innocent people.

I don't like the prison system in many ways, and agree with Banana Breath's description, far as I have read, about a lot of prisons, if not all.

These issues are related, but actually different matters, to me.

Prison reform, a big subject, is way late in happening in the U.S., sort of like forever but getting even worse - and should speed apace.

While I want prisons fixed, soon, I still don't want the death penalty.