Charleston Church Massacre: Thug, Terrorism, Disturbed Loner?

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 03:46 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Why can't he just be a racist murderer with no more profound 'reason' than that he's just an evil person? Those exist, you know.

my question is why cant he be a person who looked for an excuse to do what he wanted to do, how do we know that bad racism thoughts caused the desire to kill rather than were brought on board because he had a desire to kill? A convenient excuse might be all the racism is to this story.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 04:07 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

The fact that his sister could view herself as deserving charity because her brother killed 9 people speaks for itself. Like it or not, when her obituary is written, it will mention her brother went on a killing spree in an historic black church in 2015.

Their last Olan Mills family shot should be the poster for birth control. Or involuntary sterilization
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 05:32 pm
@snood,
On what to call it, I agree racist murderer is first and last and in between. But, murdering nine people in church is also not a normal way to state even a racist point of view. It is theatrical while being war mongering, even terror inciting if you chase that idea... besides being murder planned for max tv coverage. I'm not saying the guy is insane, but there is a component of nuts in the wrong boxes.

We have too many of those.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 05:40 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

On what to call it, I agree racist murderer is first and last and in between. But, murdering nine people in church is also not a normal way to state even a racist point of view. It is theatrical while being war mongering, even terror inciting if you chase that idea... besides being murder planned for max tv coverage. I'm not saying the guy is insane, but there is a component of nuts in the wrong boxes.

We have too many of those.

I am pretty sure that racism had no more to do with this than Batman had todo with Aurora....but people latch on to what ever promotes their politics regardless of truth so often these days.
engineer

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 07:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am pretty sure that racism had no more to do with this than Batman had todo with Aurora...

The guy specifically said he wanted to start a race war. We don't have to guess about his racist agenda; he spelled it out for us very clearly.
roger

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 07:53 pm
@engineer,
Obviously.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 09:41 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Why can't he just be a racist murderer with no more profound 'reason' than that he's just an evil person?
Damn straight ! That's exactly what he is...execute the trash .
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 10:38 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
The guy specifically said he wanted to start a race war
That is what he said. Right away. This could be 100% I want attention. Did anyone experience him as a black mass murderer? Is this maybehis way of getting us to make him important, because one day he got a wild hair that he wanted to be an important person and being a violent male....even better a black hating one, is perfect for that. Which the schools that he was subjected to fried into his brain.

You are biased Engineer, which is not like you. You think that guys like this, guys that would do stuff like this must be neandertals and could not be that skillfully devious , when probably more often they are way brighter than you and me. And we ain't no slouches.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 11:11 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I've read this thread with interest. What strikes me about the coverage of the racist murderer Roof is the seeming tendency to attribute motivations other than those that are obvious and even confessed to by the racist murderer. Why all the hand-wringing angst about whether he's crazy or sane? Why can't he just be a racist murderer with no more profound 'reason' than that he's just an evil person? Those exist, you know.

He is an evil person, and he's an evil person who never cracked a book because all that book learning might have lifted him out of his sickness. He found it easier to believe that he couldn't get ahead because black people were going to enslave white people. How big a pile of bullshit do you have to swallow to convince yourself you need a race war so you can acquire the status you deserve (even though he's as dumb as a rock).

OK, if the confederate flag can be abandoned thats great, it belongs in a small museum that displays traitorous symbols and the white supremacists who think they worship those symbols because the only trait they have is a caucasian background. But lets not forget what really happened. A young white supremist visited a bible study group in a historic Black Christian Church, with a plan to murder the faithful. Even he said that the group was very nice and good to him, he briefly thought he should abandon his plan, then decided if he didn't do it, someone else would have to.

My local paper printed a letter to the editor I wrote after President Obamas eulogy for Rev. Pinkney was aired, and then I read a local yokels column urging everyone not to confiscate guns because after all the family of the Charleston church forgave the shooter, we should calm down. I guess he saw the massacre of elementary school students as not requiring any action that needed to be addressed. President Obama has addressed our country 14 time about horrific mass murders, when will we learn that some due diligence must be done to make sure criminals, mental patients, gang members can be refused a gun license.

Just to be clear, I used to own guns, but when I had guns and heard frightening noises. my first thought was where's he ammo and the gun. That struck me as unnatural, so we got rid of everything except mr. G'bags dad's shotgun, and we have no ammo. Id rather call 911, and hope for the best.

But I don't think the American people worry about loss of life in normally safe areas, they are more worried about unfettered access to automatic weapons, grenade launchers, after all, the NRA has told them that their right to guns trumps lose of life by unarmed children who don't know how to outgun a maniac.

Snood is right, this boy set out to murder 9 people, despite the fact that he felt welcome, he still was compelled to finish his mission. Although he may have been forgiven by the relatives of butchered church members, I feel no need to forgive this assault on humanity.
Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:11 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
a small museum that displays traitorous symbols
You mean like any flags the Colonies flew when they betrayed the King and Parliament ? Those kinds of museums ? The new USA hung lots of British for being loyal, calling them traitors .

That some low life scum are attracted to the Rebel Flag is beyond argument, but by displaying it in a positive manner, banning it from being flown by hate groups like the KKK, and educating the young in school with more reality about history than the glorious bullshit that is taught perhaps its attraction can be turned around ?

At the end of the day, the flag killed no one . That dumb racist and his gun killed 9 people .
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:19 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
and he's an evil person who never cracked a book because all that book learning might have lifted him out of his sickness.

Quote:
He was bored in advanced class. He was really smart, too smart.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3132886/Woman-raised-accused-Charleston-shooter-Dylann-Roof-says-led-astray-Internet-evil.html#ixzz3f66BT4l7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Says Step MOM.

Things that make you go Hmmmm.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 05:07 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

You think that guys like this, guys that would do stuff like this must be neandertals and could not be that skillfully devious , when probably more often they are way brighter than you and me.

Or I take people at their word. He made a bunch of racist comments and he said specifically he went on his murder spree to take back the country and start a race war. It is perfectly logical to say he is a racist, not so logical to say that's not what he really meant.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 06:24 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
The guy specifically said he wanted to start a race war
That is what he said. Right away. This could be 100% I want attention. Did anyone experience him as a black mass murderer?

Yes, 9 black church attendees definitely experienced him as a black mass murderer
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 07:22 am
@snood,
Nice to see you back Snood. This is part of a wide ranging phenomena, when the killer is black media falls over itself to find an excuse why it happened. It's not so forgiving when the perpetrators are black, even black victims get vilified by the media. Look at how Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown were portrayed as criminal thugs. Possessing cannabis is proof a black teenager is a criminal, but it's just a bit of youthful indiscretion when it's a white kid.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:46 pm
@Ionus,
If the colonies lost the fight for independence, maybe the flag would be included in that museum. I suppose you think there were no deaths on the American side.
Looks like you traveled too far to make some sort of point.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:12 pm
At least they did vote to take down that flag in South Carolina, today.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's good news.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:57 pm
South Carolina Senate Casts First Vote to Remove Confederate Flag
Quote:
COLUMBIA, S.C. — The South Carolina Senate voted Monday to remove the Confederate battle flag from the grounds of the State House. The bipartisan proposal, which emerged after last month’s massacre at a historic black church in Charleston, was approved by a 37-to-3 vote in the Republican-controlled Senate.

The Senate has one remaining ratification vote, now virtually assured of success.

The debate will shift to the House of Representatives, which Republicans also dominate, where the timeline for — and tenor of — the debate remains less clear. . . .

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 04:54 pm
@Debra Law,
Kinda throws a wrench into the story line that the R's SUCK!...that they are socially backwards.
Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 08:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Hey, I'm all for the status quo . I dont think it does anything positive to ban anything like symbols . Will it stop a single murder to ban the Rebel Flag ? Are you saying we should only ban paraphernalia from the losing side ?
0 Replies