Who should be Hillary's running mate?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 05:30 pm
@glitterbag,
I can barely stand her. I will never not vote, given I still can.
Maybe I will like a running mate as vp better but to me that might make the person icky, sliming up. To be clear, I would like a democrat to win.

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 05:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

FBM wrote:

Yeah, I just saw the news. Y'know, I'm glad she's running and I hope she wins, but something seems off to me. I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I expect something to go wrong. Dunno why.

Ran over somebody's dogma?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 08:54 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

No, no, no, being a couple and mixing business with pleasure is a recipe for disaster.

Anyhow, I shudder at the thought of Bill Clinton roaming the White House with too much time on his hands.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 02:50 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Frank
I really don't want him as VP. Not as a criticism of the man. I just can't see them as an effective team.

I could not agree more, Edgar.

In any case, she has to be her own woman, so to speak.

I really wanted to see her pass up this opportunity...the flak from the right will be almost more than the Union can take. And if she wins the presidency, I would not be astonished to see the same reaction among some states as happened when Abraham Lincoln won.

I think the war between the far right and far left will have to be fought. I guess it is best it happen now.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 04:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
She needs somebody who can win a debate with the Republican counterpart. Whoever that is.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 02:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do you mean we need a democrat who can lie with a straight face like most of the republican candidates?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 02:52 pm
@RABEL222,
I said win a debate not trade lies.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 03:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I said win a debate not trade lies.

Seriously Ed, how many people do you figure care? I tell you that debates are going the way of the position paper, a largely discontinued relic of when we used to be better, when people cared about being lead by good government, when they figured they needed to do their part. You are enough of a old man to remember Ed.

TV commercials and social media both speaking for and paid by the ruling class, as Liz Warren says to anyone who will listen only what the ruling class wants talked about is what getstalked about anywhere in this society, to the exclusion of anyone elses concerns and interests. Most especially in POTUS campaigns barring a occasional crank like Nader or Perot .....they sell to us the Elites programs that have been created to rule us, to keep us docile and complacent and easy to rob. It is corrupt to the core, a small highly wealth class running the country through lies, deceit and corruption as they get their rocks off bossing us around and taking money out of our pockets and putting it in theirs.

You know that I am right. Again.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 03:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'd prefer to see serious debate...even if I have a bit of doubt that everything offered will be pure as the driven snow.

The debates will give a taste of the tone and direction.

For the most part...the Dems will indicate a greater disposition to protect and expand safety net programs...so that avarice of the top 1% of the 1% does not put damn near everyone else into danger.

The Republicans will make empty gestures in that direction...but they are such a sad looking lot when they try populism. It really does remind me of...

... https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU7eojV0nRHKbr0VfkRoNp-J8DQXwXH9umWz8PS27qp4r0e55mgA

Yup...it is still a pig!

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 03:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I'd prefer to see serious debate

Fine. But you are a weirdo.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 03:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I'd prefer to see serious debate

Fine. But you are a weirdo.

Okay...I understand and acknowledge that you consider me to be a weirdo.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 03:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sorry about the not quite finished post above. I was on a short break and rushed too much. Hopefully my point gets across.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 04:18 pm
@RABEL222,
Bill has already been president. Who can forget looking into the camera and saying "I didn't have sexual relations with that women." How quickly you all forget.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 05:16 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Bill has already been president. Who can forget looking into the camera and saying "I didn't have sexual relations with that women." How quickly you all forget.

Are you really telling us that an American politician told a lie, Baldimo.

Do you honestly think you can get anyone here to accept that an American politician would do something like that?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 05:55 pm
I'm not politically savy, but I'd like to address what feels like an elephant in the room.

Sure, Eliz Warren is great, but does anyone think Clinton would get the votes if there were 2 women running?

I'm already hearing the pundits talk about how the old cliche is still true, as in a stong woman is a bitch, and a strong man is a strong man. Think about all the different people across the nation. I think it will at this stange be challenging and groundbreaking enough to get a woman in the White House. Speaking practically, I don't think it would be wise to screw the pooch by going for two woman, or a woman and a Hispanic. One step at a time folks.

I'd like to see Clinton in the White House, and I'll vote for her. But I doubt she'd get in by pushing the envelope that far.

Obama opened the door wider, let Clinton push it open a bit more.

I'm just being realistic.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 07:42 pm
That's fine with me. I didn't see Warren as the right choice anyway.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 05:17 am
@chai2,
You are right on the button there, Chai.

0 Replies

Banana Breath

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 07:56 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Sure, Eliz Warren is great, but does anyone think Clinton would get the votes if there were 2 women running?
I'm already hearing the pundits talk about how the old cliche is still true, as in a stong woman is a bitch, and a strong man is a strong man. Think about all the different people across the nation. I think it will at this stange be challenging and groundbreaking enough to get a woman in the White House. Speaking practically, I don't think it would be wise to screw the pooch by going for two woman, or a woman and a Hispanic. One step at a time folks.

I don't think people dislike Hillary because she's strong, I think they dislike her because she genuinely is a bitch. On the other hand, the very strong woman who served as Secretary of State under president Clinton, Madeline Albright, I have never heard called a bitch. Hillary's personality is much like Bob Dole, and if if will make you feel better, you can say he was a bitch too. I hope she will be rejected for the same reasons Dole was, because she's toxic, volatile, insecure, and is driven by a sense of entitlement.

http://i58.tinypic.com/noeo75.jpg
chai2

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 08:29 am
@Banana Breath,
Thank you for entirely missing the point banana head.
woiyo

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 08:34 am
@Banana Breath,
I recommend Vince Foster as her running mate.

Or Maybe Chris Stevens
0 Replies