Is 'colored people' offensive?

layman

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 12:19 pm
@glitterbag,
Heh.

Two bleeding heart (i.e., empathetic, humane, tolerant, caring, concerned, etc.) liberals, each laughing out loud at the prospect of an "enemy's" (i.e., someone they think disagrees with their agenda) death, eh?

Ironic? Maybe.

Surprising? Not in the least.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 12:22 pm
@layman,
Wow, is it painful to be that clueless? You consider yourself an enemy, that's sad.
layman

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 12:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You consider yourself an enemy

You're really not too quick on the uptake, eh, Glitter?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 01:23 pm
@layman,
Let's put it this way, I don't see you as an enemy probably because you can't possibly make a difference in how I live my life. The notion that you might see yourself as an enemy is pitiable. You are merely a blowhard with a limited vocabulary. If you are trying to make someone uncomfortable with your withering criticism, take a break, you aren't clever enough yet. Probably never will be, but you are still fairly good at parroting slogans. I'll bet you are the sharpest guy living in your parents basement.
layman

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 01:30 pm
@glitterbag,
Heh.

Glitter, if you were even 1/10th as brilliant as you appear to think you are, you would make Albert Einstein look like he should be riding the short bus.

But, by all means, continue to display your grandiose sense of self-importance and your poor judgment. It's rather entertaining, actually.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 01:45 pm
@layman,
Oh for Christs sake, you are a whiner. Maybe this will help:

Oh lamentation and rendering if cloth. I've been out by the giant intellect 'layman' and he has rendered me humiliation from which I cannot recover. I should never have tangled with such a superior being. I will never recover.

Is that better? I can dream up more crap if your ego requires it, just let me know. I'm anxious for your approval.
0 Replies

jcb31

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 02:20 pm
@SMickey,
If you are pointing some out, just define them by a different way, its a bit of a blurry topic
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 06:08 am
@layman,
Posting while drunk, again?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 06:11 am
@layman,
Quote:
Re: glitterbag (Post 5892760)
Quote:

You consider yourself an enemy

You're really not too quick on the uptake, eh, Glitter?

Having known glitter for over a decade and you for four weeks that seems like a decade I know you as the solid loser in the uptake race!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 06:14 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I'll bet you are the sharpest guy living in your parents basement.

As the only guy in his parent's basement he's still only the second sharpest.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 07:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Damn, you're right. I'm slipping. Heh (whatever the hell that's supposed to convey)
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 04:53 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Black men (or women) are often accused of not being "black" enough, sometimes even called "Uncle Toms," if they don't adopt the views most prevalent amongst their peers.

Same with gays, I think, who, it seems, sometimes feel obligated to agree (more or less) with the views of "militant gay activists" lest they be accused of not being "truly gay."

So, even though I don't personally "expect" such a reaction from "non-radicals," I have seen it, I think. I find it especially refreshing to encounter a black, a gay, a feminist, etc. who are not ashamed to express their "non-radical" views.

Did you ever encounter the phrase "self-hating Jew"? These are Jews who criticize Israel for its vile policy of occupying Palestinians and uses a double standard in Israel regarding Palestinian-Israelis and the Falashas (Ethiopian Jews).

The point is people are different in the way they interpret situations, especially so when it comes to politics. Given the way the Republican Party has unfairly mistreated the poor, bias against Gays, prejudiced against blacks and Latinos, and then to have a few of these same victims join them in their ranks to do the same dirty work against the underdog, there is no wonder these victims (Blacks and some others) are ridiculed by their peers.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:06 am
@SMickey,
Of all the things to worry about these days, someone's choice of terms is what we focus on collective energies on?

If this or nigger upsets you, tough. Until all derogatory, disparaging, and similarly offensive words are purged from our lexicons, I'm going to choose to care about other things that the latest uppity nigger kike fag's complaints about being called a naughty name.

I'll be over here working on climate change and war and feeding the hungry. Smile

In the meantime, we should encourage the use of these terms since it reveals who these people are. Suppress and forbid them and racists and such blend in with everyone else. Smile
0 Replies