WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS....NOW!

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 11:17 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
The evidence is extensive showing the reason all these laws are being promoted is to dissuade minority and low income voting

Those laws are being promoted to prevent Democrats from cheating.

engineer wrote:
and you say you are immune to the Kool Aid.

I am immune to all forms of Kool Aid.

engineer wrote:
If you are really a proponent for freedom, you would find this insanely offensive. Why isn't that the case?

It is because I have no objection to preventing Democrats from cheating in elections.

engineer wrote:
And yet their citizens vociferously disagree with you. Why don't they admire your gun freedom?

Beats me. I can't imagine not wanting freedom. But I'm not inclined to impose freedom on allies that do not wish it. I regret their lack of freedom, but there is little to be done about it.

engineer wrote:
Perhaps because their freedom to walk down the street without getting shot means more to them?

That's not freedom. That's security. And worse, it is illusory security, as those people are no safer for their lack of freedom.

engineer wrote:
If a child get a loaded gun and kills someone I think a jury will have to decide if there was negligence or not.

Unless the prosecutor declines to charge because they are convinced there was no crime.
BillRM

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 11:44 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Those laws are being promoted to prevent Democrats from cheating.

Of course no one could find many such cases of cheating in the last few generations as in the case of the state of PA where there was no cases to refer to and some of the idiots who passed the PA ID laws in email in fact stated that they was passing those laws to interfere with the voting rights of the poor.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 12:03 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Of course no one could find many such cases of cheating in the last few generations as in the case of the state of PA where there was no cases to refer to

You can't find what the Democrats won't allow you to look for.

BillRM wrote:
and some of the idiots who passed the PA ID laws in email in fact stated that they was passing those laws to interfere with the voting rights of the poor.

That is incorrect. They stated that they were passing those laws to interfere with Democratic cheating.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 04:48 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
That is incorrect. They stated that they were passing those laws to interfere with Democratic cheating

glug glug glug, down gos the KoolAid. In Pa, when the last attempt at voter ID was proposed, a state Senator from Western Pa, bragged as to how this would snag and prevent "ole fart " voters from voting.
He said that in a private conversation that was in the presence of a reporter.
He never denied that he said it and he just quietly slipped out of the scene after getting a bit of a chew out from his caucus.

THATS THE FACTS. Party bullshit was about "preventing voter fraud" and no one could provide any examples, other than the clear examples of howChester county commissioners of elections(GOP CONTROLLED) "moved " several suburban polling places unannounced in the 2008 election . The most egregious xample was how the Elction Commissioner moved the Lincoln University Polling Place to some gos awful beat up building along railroad tracks outside of town. This was done to prevent the Lincoln U students (a historically Black University) from voting. instead, it spurred "Flashmob" pickup services and local carpool groups who picked up kids and locals and drove them out to the polls.

The Commissioner of ELections was fired and charged for his own voter fraud charges. (But this and a similar occurrence in W Pa ere the only voter "fraud" events). However, none of these had anything to do with individual voters from trying to sneak in as someone else

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 04:53 am
@farmerman,
I juat looked it up. There were actually two in Pa. MIKE TURZAI, during the 2008 elections stated loudly and in presence of reporters that'Imposing these voter Id "Rstrictions" would guarantee that Romney ould win in Pa.
Pa has always been described as
"Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, separated by ALABAMA"
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 05:45 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
How about what you think? surely you don't drink the kool aid every day?

If I see any evidence of Oralboy thinking I'll let you know. So far all I've seen is a slave parroting its masters orders.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 05:49 am
@izzythepush,
Shirley you jest!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 08:00 am
@farmerman,
Only Jimmy opinion.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:48 am
@BillRM,
2 year olds can no longer reach out and grab a gear shift today Bill. They are strapped into car seats in the back seat.
parados

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:54 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

You can't find what the Democrats won't allow you to look for.

What are you talking about? Voting records are public information in just about every state. You are free to walk in and get the voting rolls and then compare signatures of who voted over the years. Feel free to do so. Please find the signatures that are clearly no longer the correct ones of who signed the voting registration form. No Democrat is stopping you from doing this. Only your own laziness is. Or perhaps you know that the only way you can make your claim is by NOT checking the facts.
parados

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:57 am
Should someone have to show an ID every time before they exercise a right?

In the case of voting, that seems to be OK with Oralloy. In the case of carrying a gun, he whines about having to register once and no way would he allow the government to demand ID every day he wants to leave the house with a gun.
BillRM

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 11:37 am
@parados,
Quote:
2 year olds can no longer reach out and grab a gear shift today Bill. They are strapped into car seats in the back seat.

An there are not a million other examples where everyday things interacting with young children can cause harm or even death if their caregivers are not on their toes at all times?

There is nothing special about firearms as far as being dangerous if not handle with care.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 11:43 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
An there are not a million other examples where everyday things interacting with young children can cause harm or even death if their caregivers are not on their toes at all times?
Indeed. Most deaths of that million when 2-years-old killed their mother in supermarkets are done differently.
BillRM

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 11:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Indeed. Most deaths of that million when 2-years-old killed their mother in supermarkets are done differently.

Being very dishonest as there are not two years old being killed in supermarkets by guns either.

That is why we all had hear about it because it is indeed a one time event.

However having shelving falling on young children and either killing them or harming them is not one time events as far as supermarkets and other shopping areas are concern.

Merchants know falling merchandise presents dangerous risks to unwary customers, and courts are holding them accountable.

Quote:
As seen in "Trial Magazine", January 2001
By: Jeffrey A. Hyman and Molly E. Homan

"Stack it high and let it fly."
-anonymous stocker of merchandise on a sky shelf

During the past decade, thousands of people have been injured, some killed, by falling merchandise while shopping in retail warehouses.1 From doors, hot water heaters, and televisions to pet supplies, houseware goods, and toys, merchandise is falling off high shelves and causing injuries to customers at an alarming rate.

Since 1987, about 30,000 falling-merchandise incidents resulting in injuries to customers have occurred at Wal-Mart.2 During a recent 18-month period, 68 customers sued Home Depot for injuries sustained from falling merchandise.3 Other companies operating a retail warehouse business include Lowe's, Kmart, Toys'R' Us, PetsMart, Costco, Sam's Club, and Staples. The retail warehouse business exploded during the 1990s and shows no signs of slowing down.

In 1962, the first Wal-Mart and Kmart stores opened, and these merchants were about to "hit" the consumer in a big way. These stores operated on the formula that it was more efficient, less expensive, and more profitable to warehouse as much merchandise as possible on the sales floor, rather than in off-site warehouses or backroom storage areas. High stacking of merchandise was born, and a profitable business strategy at the expense of customer safety was created.

Falling-merchandise incidents have the following common characteristics.

High stacking. A trademark of the retail warehouse merchant is high stacking, characterized by safety experts as the storage of merchandise on the sales floor above eye level.4 Merchandise is often stacked on shelves 15 feet above the sales floor. A sales clerk or customer must stretch, use a ladder or step stool, or climb on shelves to handle merchandise.

Unsecured merchandise. Typically, merchants do not use physical-restraining safety devices such as security bars, fencing, safety ties, and shelf extenders on high shelves because of the expense involved and the employee time it would take to use them. Kmart representatives have testified that use of the devices is simply "not practical."5 Wal-Mart takes the position that merchandise can be safely stacked on high shelves without the use of the devices.6

Triggering events. Falling merchandise can be triggered by moving merchandise that has been stacked in an unstable manner; moving merchandise on one shelf in such a way that merchandise on an adjacent shelf falls, referred to as "push through"; stacking different size boxes on top of each other; and stacking heavy merchandise on top of lighter merchandise. Vibrations in and out of a store, merchandise left hanging over the lip of a shelf, and merchandise too large for a shelf can also cause the problem.

No warning of danger. Typically, the merchandise falls without any warning to unsuspecting customers. Notwithstanding that merchants know of the risk of falling merchandise from high stacking and the potential for serious injury to customers, they do not warn customers of these risks with signs, banners, or placards; do not cordon off shopping aisles when merchandise is being stocked or retrieved; and do not use spotters when stocking is in progress.

Customer not negligent. Generally, the customer is not the cause of the merchandise falling and is generally not charged with a duty to watch for falling merchandise or to expect merchandise to fall.

Improper training. Often store personnel are improperly trained, or not trained at all, in stocking techniques or in recognizing and correcting the hazards of falling merchandise. A number of incidents could be prevented if merchants would train employees in procedures for recognizing hazards and would ensure that the merchandise is safely stacked.

Nature of injuries. A significant percentage of injuries occur to the head, neck, back, and upper torso. Even light merchandise becomes dangerous when it falls from a high shelf. For example, a 5-pound object falling about 2 feet exerts a force of about 319 pounds.

Incidents tracked. Merchants in the retail warehouse business commonly track incidents. They know of the serious nature of the problem. Also, most know there are a far greater number of "near misses" than "hits."
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 01:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

Quote:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/126505/baby_death_from_shopping_cart

Baby Death From Shopping Cart Accident Serves as Warning

April Peveteaux
April Peveteaux
September 26, 2011 at 2:15 PM
shopping cart death babyMaybe it's the culture in Los Angeles, but every time I go to a different grocery store, there are so many options for children in the grocery cart, I wonder what's next: A teenager cart equipped with an Xbox? I've seen infant seats, booster seats, plastic cars that fit two toddlers or big kids attached to the front of the cart, and carts that have a traditional seat that fits two kids instead of one.

But even with all of these options, we can never be too safe when it comes to putting our children on top of a shopping cart, where the risk of falling exists. Sadly, a mom in Macon, Georgia learned this lesson in the most tragic way when her baby fell from the top of the shopping cart onto the ground and died.

Clearly all of the above options weren't available at the local Kroger's, as the 3-month-old was in her own car seat seat, balanced on top of the shopping cart. As a friend, and Kroger employee, pushed the cart over a speed bump, the infant seat fell to the ground, killing the newborn. It makes you pause when you think of how many times babies fall off a bed or a changing table, and be thankful this wasn't you.

Apparently this incident is not isolated as a local pediatrician said he sees injuries from children falling out of shopping carts about 10 times a year. Before you judge this woman, or other parents, harshly try and remember your worst trip to the grocery store with your child. Sometimes you just have to go to the store with babies in tow -- and it's not easy. Let's assume this woman was doing what she had to do at that time.

While this story isn't anywhere close to being a tragedy, just last week I had to go to the store with my toddler on a day when he was way overstimulated and hadn't napped. However, my husband was literally at the airport picking up house guests and we had no food in the house. It had been a crazy busy week with no time for errands and this was my one opportunity. My son was wild. He screamed when I put the seat belt on, so I took it off. Then he climbed onto me to get out of the cart -- repeatedly. I was very lucky he didn't crash to the ground when my head was turned. Very.

As moms of small children, we're doing the best we can. Yes we should always remember to secure our little ones no matter where we are; in the car, in the market, at the pool. And always remember that car seats have to be secured in the seat belt of your car, or in the large part of the cart. But instead of judging this poor mom, let's just remember that baby and buckle up our kids -- wherever they are.

Image via Robert Couse-Baker/Flickr
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
glug glug glug, down gos the KoolAid.

If you didn't drink so much Kool Aid, you might not be so resistant to reality.

farmerman wrote:
In Pa, when the last attempt at voter ID was proposed, a state Senator from Western Pa, bragged as to how this would snag and prevent "ole fart " voters from voting.

Never happened. You're confusing Democratic propaganda with reality.

farmerman wrote:
He said that in a private conversation that was in the presence of a reporter.

The only place he said it was in the imagination of Democratic propagandists (who are desperate to ensure that Democrats can continue to cheat in elections).

farmerman wrote:
THATS THE FACTS.

No. There is nothing factual about Democratic propaganda.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I juat looked it up. There were actually two in Pa. MIKE TURZAI, during the 2008 elections stated loudly and in presence of reporters that'Imposing these voter Id "Rstrictions" would guarantee that Romney ould win in Pa.

Yes. Preventing Democrats from cheating would indeed make it easier for Republicans to win.

Instead of fighting to continue cheating, Democrats should consider trying to win elections fairly.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 05:29 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
What are you talking about? Voting records are public information in just about every state. You are free to walk in and get the voting rolls and then compare signatures of who voted over the years. Feel free to do so. Please find the signatures that are clearly no longer the correct ones of who signed the voting registration form. No Democrat is stopping you from doing this. Only your own laziness is. Or perhaps you know that the only way you can make your claim is by NOT checking the facts.

As if comparing signatures would easily identify Democrats who vote over and over and over again in the same election.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 07:06 pm
@oralloy,
man you cant even accept simple reality. You are sounding quite petulant about this.
If Rep Turzai wanted to say what you imply, it would have been quite a simple thing. Fact is, he didn't and he spoke out as he did.

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 08:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
man you cant even accept simple reality.

I am accepting reality just fine.

farmerman wrote:
You are sounding quite petulant about this.

It's all that Kool Aid you downed a few posts ago. You're having a reaction to being confronted with reality.

farmerman wrote:
If Rep Turzai wanted to say what you imply, it would have been quite a simple thing.

I am doing more than merely imply. I am outright stating the fact that he said that preventing the Democrats from cheating would result in a Republican victory.

farmerman wrote:
Fact is, he didn't

Wrong. He said that preventing the Democrats from cheating would result in a Republican victory.

farmerman wrote:
and he spoke out as he did.

Yes. And what he said was that preventing the Democrats from cheating would result in a Republican victory.
0 Replies