WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS....NOW!

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:29 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
Yep, the gun nuts rule there..

Why do Freedom Haters always engage in name-calling?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:29 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Besides that, we here in Europe aren't governed by the gun lobby.

That's why you guys lost your freedom.
oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
As soon a reasonable gun owners and others can come together and decide the needs are now and that the 2nd Amendment needn't be worshipped as a totally "hands off phrase" , maybe then we can move forward and join the other nations and grow the **** up.

Your dream of an America without freedom is never going to happen. Americans will remain a free people for as long as our country continues to exist.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:30 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
Let's hope you are right and it happens soon, not in fifty years..

There is no chance that freedom will ever be abolished in America. We'll be a free country for as long as we exist.
timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:39 pm
Oral wrote:

Timur wrote:
Yep, the gun nuts rule there..

Why do Freedom Haters always engage in name-calling?

Stating the obvious is not name-calling.

Saying that your hatred reduces your freedom is stating the obvious.

Saying that a law abiding citizen's encounter with the cops is far more dangerous in the US than in Europe, is stating the obvious.
timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:46 pm
Oral wrote:
There is no chance that freedom will ever be abolished in America.

Your freedom is leaving you in a fast paced way.

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:55 pm
@ehBeth,
The manufacturer of the purse will probably end up being the scapegoat for this since it was described as being specially designed for concealed carry but wasn't child proof.

Some states have laws requiring all guns sold in the state have trigger safety lock devices. It needs to become a federal standard.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:09 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Besides that, we here in Europe aren't governed by the gun lobby.

That's why you guys lost your freedom.
Not at all: everyone has the freedom to ask for a weapon licence, join a shooting club, go hunting ... since we are a democratic country with free elected representatives, we aren't ruled by a "society" like the gun lobby but by our government(s) via the parliament via elections.
If there are regulations and/or laws for hunting or weapons, we made them. And shooting clubs have their regulations by their members, the shooting association ....
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:05 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I'm with you on this. How about a gun "enthusiast" who casual carries with one in the chamber?

I have never touched a gun, and dont intend too, so I am probably naive on the subject.....but it never occurred to me that it was conceivable that a mom would have a gun in her purse with a bullet ready to go with no latch on the trigger and a trigger that is so easy to pull that a 2 year old could do it. And to make matters worse almost all I see are opinions that this is a sad accident, not much in the way of "this woman was irresponsible, did not know her gun safety". A safety latch takes what, about a second to disengage? And am I reading right that not all guns have them?

I have never liked guns, never wanted to be around them, but growing up in the midwest I certainly knew gun people, to include members of my family. I even went to NRA BBQ's a few times because my dad was a salesman and making a showing was politically necessary and he sometimes dragged us kids along, but every gun person I remember ever being around seemed to care a LOT about gun safety. I have been given gun safety lectures even though I never had any intention of ever touching a gun.

A 2 year old killing mom with her own gun in Walmart is shocking to me.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:20 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

timur wrote:
Let's hope you are right and it happens soon, not in fifty years..

There is no chance that freedom will ever be abolished in America. We'll be a free country for as long as we exist.

Your freedom is only on paper. You think buying a gun is freedom and you live in a free country? Have you been to the airport lately? Go and take your gun there and then tell me when your freedom is curbed by Homeland Security. You're a fool, a terrible fool - and to think someone like this can carry a gun is frightening.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:10 pm
@hawkeye10,

Quote:
And am I reading right that not all guns have them?

Read up on it here:

http://smartgunlaws.org/safe-storage-gun-locks-policy-summary/
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
Since the gun was legal, it can be inferred that Idaho is retarded...................
oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:19 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
Stating the obvious is not name-calling.

Bigoted slurs may seem obvious to those who spew them. But they still count as name-calling.

timur wrote:
Saying that your hatred reduces your freedom is stating the obvious.

No hatred on my end. Maybe look to the people spouting the name-calling if you want to find some hate.

timur wrote:
Saying that a law abiding citizen's encounter with the cops is far more dangerous in the US than in Europe, is stating the obvious.

Beats me. This is the first time I've seen that issue raised. I don't know enough to either agree or disagree.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Not at all: everyone has the freedom to ask for a weapon licence,

The fact that serfs are allowed to ask permission for something doesn't make them free.

Free people don't need to ask anyone's permission.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
If there are regulations and/or laws for hunting or weapons, we made them.

That you took away your own freedom is especially tragic.

Look, if you enjoy being a serf, then rejoice in your lack of freedom. You have exactly what you want.

Americans enjoy being free. You may as well accept our freedom, because we will all die (and take the world with us) before we ever give it up.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
A safety latch takes what, about a second to disengage? And am I reading right that not all guns have them?

Glocks don't. They do have what they call a safety, but the way that safety is disengaged is simply by pulling the trigger, so it's more of a way to ensure that the gun doesn't go off unless the trigger is pulled than it is a traditional safety.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:22 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
Your freedom is leaving you in a fast paced way.

That is incorrect. The NRA is going to ensure that America stays free forever.
oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
Your freedom is only on paper.

No, my right to carry a gun is quite vigorously defended.

CalamityJane wrote:
You think buying a gun is freedom and you live in a free country?

Free people have the right to carry guns when they go about in public.

CalamityJane wrote:
You're a fool, a terrible fool - and to think someone like this can carry a gun is frightening.

If you find free people frightening, there are plenty of countries out there where no one has any freedom.
timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:25 pm
@oralloy,
You have no idea what freedom is.

Corporations took most of your freedom already..
izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:27 pm
The automation trots out its mindless mantra about freedom, obeying its master's voice to the letter. What a good little drone it is.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:37 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
You have no idea what freedom is.

That is incorrect. Free people have the right to carry guns when they go about in public.

People who lack freedom can only carry guns in public if they get someone's permission first.

timur wrote:
Corporations took most of your freedom already..

The NRA will never allow them to do that.
0 Replies