Why do men look at their girl's facial expressions during sex?

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:21 pm
Sorry, if this is a strange question, but I don’t have much sexual experience
I was wondering why do men look at their girl’s facial expressions during sex?

I don’t understand my BF; whenever we have sex, he always look at my facial expressions.
And I feel very embarrassed that he seeing how I feel, he kiss alot and touches my face too.
It just sooo embarrassed for me, why would a guy want to see his girl facial expression while he getting it on?

Here where we live have lots of lights outside at night, it won’t ever be pitch black in the bedroom, lol
We close all the blinds but lights still shine in, and I am trying to avoid him seeing my facial expressions.
To be frank, sometimes I just want to Blindfold him, so I can avoid his eye to eye contact with me when we sleep together. If not blindfold him, I’m going to put a pillow over my face.

—————-
And how can some men keep up their “spark” and “affection” alive for long time?
Don’t most men get bored, after they succeed get the girl in bed with them? They will go find some new girl, more fun new sex right?

We live in the same neighborhood, know each others 4 years. And together dating officially for 1 year already, and my BF he still find himself flirting with me.

Men flirt to get the girl and sex. After they have all the sex they wants, the flirts SHOULD dries out right? There no reasons for my BF to continue to flirt with me right?
(we have sex many many times already)

Yet after 1 year together , he still flirts, still the same stares, still the same way he looks at me, still the same smile, etc…
It just amaze me how he can keep up his affection alive for so long, sometimes i feel i am not good enough for him

am I thinking too little of myself? I'm not confident enough of myself?
i was belittle, and verbally put down/mentally abuse by my mother throughout my whole childhood. so i guess from this i build up walls to protect my emotions from getting hurt.
maybe this is why i am afraid of him looking into my emotions during sex?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 12,360 • Replies: 121
Topic Closed

maxdancona

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:27 pm
@independentgirl,
I look at a woman's face for feedback. I want to do whatever makes her feel good, and the way I know what that is is by paying attention. Looking at a woman's face is a great way to know what she likes.

I think having an attentive lover is a good thing.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:45 pm
@independentgirl,
Just turn around...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:53 pm
Holy mackeral!

Women all over the world wish their husbands or BF would look at them during sex - yet you are complaining because he wants to connect with you at this most intimate time?

Then you complain that he still is playful (flirts) with you?

Wow, girl, you don't know how lucky you are!

See a counselor for some self esteem work on your part. - and do it fast before that great guy gets away.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:00 pm
I love it how any romantic, sexual or personal question always get the same answer on A2K: "seek counseling".
ehBeth

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:01 pm
@independentgirl,
independentgirl wrote:
Men flirt to get the girl and sex. After they have all the sex they wants, the flirts SHOULD dries out right? There no reasons for my BF to continue to flirt with me right?

flirting is about much more than sex

it's about having fun with other people

People don't just flirt with people they want to have sex with.

It sounds like you've got a boyfriend who is very comfortable with himself and his sexuality. Try to enjoy that and don't overthink it.

If you are having a lot of self-esteem/confidence problems, consider talking to a professional about it.

In the meantime, have fun with your boyfriend - in bed and everywhere else.

_________

40 years ago my mother's advice to me was not to have sex with someone I couldn't laugh with. It was great advice.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:07 pm
I look now and then because I like to occasionally make sure that she is still awake.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Oliver - why does that bother you?

Issues where self esteem and confidence are concerned can't be solved here; it takes some talking it out and re-aligning oneself, which can take time.

Besides, we can't tell what ALL the problem is just from a little post.
independentgirl

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:09 pm
the 'way he looks' at me just me nervous, can't explain it, his ways of stares and 'looking' at me, in a Loving way BUT when he keeps looking, it make me nervous.

relationship is good so far, he seems to be committed.
we both in our late twenties already, we’re poor but we both are Financial independent with our own jobs.
So maybe we should take it to the next step, but i'm still waiting for his official 'propose' though

Out of his own willing, he did buy matching band rings, he said the rings to show his ‘committment’. and he wear the ring 24/7
So he already put a ring on his own finger, telling everybody that he’s taken.

Eventhough he didn’t officially said the “would u married me” proposal words
He did say that he poor, and right now he doesn’t have enough money for a house, or a big wedding, or a nice ring for me. (which I repeatedly told him, I don’t mind any of those stuff)

So if I don’t mind all that, he said we go tomorrow morning to register for marriage liscense.
He said it many times before, I just didn’t take it as a “propose”, does it sound like a “propose” to anyone here?
Or he just throw the ball at me, and let me be the one to decide when I am ready to married? Or he probably just running away from responsibility?

I'm surprise myself that he still not bore of me yet.
To be frank, I am boring in bed. As I was a virgin when I first sleep wtih him, and we all know how boring virgin can be in bed right?
I'm sure I wasn't fun like his one night stands, or his ex's in the past.
But I guess I didn't bore him out that much yet, becuz he still with me.
contrex

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:18 pm
@independentgirl,
independentgirl wrote:
Sorry, if this is a strange question, but I don’t have much sexual experience
I was wondering why do men look at their girl’s facial expressions during sex?

Because they are interested in how the woman is feeling, because they want her to feel good, maybe because they love her?

Quote:
why would a guy want to see his girl facial expression while he getting it on?

Why wouldn't he?
Quote:
I am trying to avoid him seeing my facial expressions.
To be frank, sometimes I just want to Blindfold him, so I can avoid his eye to eye contact with me when we sleep together. If not blindfold him, I’m going to put a pillow over my face.

Why? You must be very shy. Are you sure you are ready for an adult relationship?

Quote:
Don’t most men get bored, after they succeed get the girl in bed with them? They will go find some new girl, more fun new sex right?

Not all, or even most men. Some men are nice guys with feelings, believe it or not!

Quote:
my BF he still find himself flirting with me.

He is attracted to you. This is natural. You are lucky. Stop doubting him and hiding your feelings.

Quote:

Maybe he cares about you and finds you sexy?

Quote:
Yet after 1 year together , he still flirts, still the same stares, still the same way he looks at me, still the same smile, etc…
It just amaze me how he can keep up his affection alive for so long

You are lucky.

Quote:
sometimes i feel i am not good enough for him

Now we reach the point. He obviously does not feel that way.

Quote:
am I thinking too little of myself? I'm not confident enough of myself? i was belittle, and verbally put down/mentally abuse by my mother throughout my whole childhood. so i guess from this i build up walls to protect my emotions from getting hurt. maybe this is why i am afraid of him looking into my emotions during sex?

This could be the reason; maybe you need to have counselling.
ehBeth

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:23 pm
@independentgirl,
Have you talked to him about the questions in your other thread?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:25 pm
@Olivier5,
When a poster talks about self-esteem problems (and in this case, has talked about it in two threads), there's a chance they could benefit from some professional support - and they're not going to receive that here.
0 Replies

independentgirl

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:26 pm
@contrex,
thank you for your straightforward/direct response.
we are in an adult relationship, we both are in our LATE twenties already, we not young anymore.

yes i am shy (I don't know why, it not like it the first time I have sex with him)
, maybe I was a virgin when I sleep with him.
BUT...
I still NOT feel confident enough in myself or feel good enough for him,
Maybe it due to I was belittle, and verbally put down abuse by my mother during my whole childhoold.
i'm sure this is why i have self-doubts, and low self-esteem.

you right, i need to work on this. I need to start by reading some self help books regarding confidence and low self esteem.

contrex, can you give me your advice to my post above your reply, regarding to his matching band rings, do you take that as an proposal? i'm confuse myself, i don't know what he really wants inside his head.

yes eBeth, he is well aware of my mother belittle, and verbablly abuse me when i was little, he knows all this before we start our relationship.
What he didn't know was that one time where my mom physically beaten me with a belt, and slap me many times across my face, which lead to I got taken to 'foster home" for few years, due to my mom domestic 'child abuse' me.
I have told him that already over the weekend. He still with me, so I guess he didn't mind at all.
Olivier5

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
I didn't say it bothered me. On the contrary, I find it amusing: people come here for advice and the standard reply is in essence: ask someone else... And it's almost systematic. Now I agree we can't solve all the problems here but I would expect some triage. Many people just don't have the money to go and see a shrink, especially for a question as trivial as this.
independentgirl

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:39 pm
@Olivier5,
yeah Olivier5,
we are a poor couple live in the ghetto.
if you know what ghetto mean. Ghetto is a bad area, Cheap Rent neighborhood for people who make on the 'lower income' side of the society.

We both have our own jobs though, so we fine with money, we just not rich.
I just didn't think of couseling before ,due to our sex life is fine, he still enjoying it.
Sex to him is completely pleasure, but sex to me can be uncomfortable, but I still give him sex whenever he initiate.
Olivier5

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:02 pm
@independentgirl,
Sure, I know what a ghetto is. Lived in one too as a kid, a vast low cost housing project in a new suburb built far away from the city center... Us kids loved it but our parents were a bit depressed, I now realize.

I wouldn't waste my money on mariage counselors. That's for rich, bored people.

How uncomfortable do you feel? It that a physical or a psychological unease/pain?
independentgirl

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Thank you for being understanding Olivier5,

I think it becasue I was a virgin when I sleep wtih him, so I get 'tense' alot. You know virgin tends to get tense during sex right?

We don't do anything out of the norms. It was jus traditional sex for us.
He knows I don't have sexual experience, so he only do it the 'traditional' ways.
So I'm sure he not being too rough, it must be me being too "tense".

And he always look at my facial expression during sex, so if I show that I'm in pain or uncomfortable, he would go slow and gentle.
I think it my trauma past that prevent me from enjoy sex, and fully connect to him on the "emotionals" level. I need to work on this, as he is a caring guy and he deserve better.
ehBeth

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:28 pm
@independentgirl,
independentgirl wrote:
If not blindfold him, I’m going to put a pillow over my face.

wouldn't it be easier to close your eyes? or are you watching him?
0 Replies

contrex

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:37 pm
@independentgirl,
independentgirl wrote:
contrex, can you give me your advice to my post above your reply, regarding to his matching band rings, do you take that as an proposal? i'm confuse myself, i don't know what he really wants inside his head.

He is making an effort to make it very clear that loves you and wants to be with you for the long term. He wants you to know that, and to feel sure about him. You need to trust him. Maybe you need help to do that, but he sounds like a lovely man.

independentgirl

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:41 pm
I seem to get tense during sex, so it hard for me to close my eyes and enjoy the moments.
So I do look at his face, that's why I know he looking at my facial expressions.
He always on the top possition, kiss and touching my face anyways, so it hard not to look at his eyes.

any tips on how not get too tense during sex? being sexually inexperience does get me tense up during sex