oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 01:13 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Had they given him a ticket and acted as proper police officers instead of tattooed gangsters looking for a fight, then Garner would be a live.

My understanding is that they were supposed to arrest him, not give him a ticket.

McGentrix wrote:
That cop is guilty of negligent homicide. Garner died as a result of that cops actions.

Assuming for a second that it is true that this guy died because of a choke hold, the blame for the death would fall on the city for training their police to actively use such choke holds, rather than on the police officer for acting exactly according to his training.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:17 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

oralloy wrote:

Germlat wrote:
To remove all doubt watch the video.

I lack the knowledge and experience to interpret the video.

That could be the weakest answer I've ever read on A2K.

In fairness Oralboy lacks the knowledge and experience to use a spoon properly.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

oralloy wrote:

Germlat wrote:
To remove all doubt watch the video.

I lack the knowledge and experience to interpret the video.

That could be the weakest answer I've ever read on A2K.

In fairness Oralboy lacks the knowledge and experience to use a spoon properly.

Spoon? As far as I am aware, a cutlery salesman visited Oral's valley in 1994, but the community came out and threw rocks at him.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:34 am
@Lordyaswas,
The sad thing is, that's probably true.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:19 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Had they given him a ticket

In NYS if you are a felon or have a history of FTAs you dont get an appeaernace ticket ytou have to post bond...ie. arrest.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:32 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Go ask a lawyer, dumb ass. I did. You do your own research. Priors are not admissable 99% of the time. Particlarly if the arrests have nothing to do with the charges being tried or if the arrests did not result in a conviction.

Well either your "lawyer" is as big a boob as you or he dosent thing you are smart enought to be given a full explanation of the law.

Evidence of other unrelated crimes can be admissible under certain circumstances. A prior conviction could be considered relevant if the way the previous crime was committed is consistent with the way the current crime is committed. This would show a pattern of behavior and could be admissible evidence.

A crime of dishonesty can be used to impeach the defendants testimony.

I could cite further instances but they would be lost on you because you are a BOOB.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:54 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Well either your "lawyer" is as big a boob as you or he dosent thing you are smart enought to be given a full explanation of the law.

Evidence of other unrelated crimes can be admissible under certain circumstances. A prior conviction could be considered relevant if the way the previous crime was committed is consistent with the way the current crime is committed. This would show a pattern of behavior and could be admissible evidence.

A crime of dishonesty can be used to impeach the defendants testimony.

I could cite further instances but they would be lost on you because you are a BOOB.

http://www.doomjunkie.com/images/smilies/he%27s%20right.jpg
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 07:38 pm
This case can't be "closed" so easy.

Here we can observe without doubt police incompetence at work.

1)- Garner presented resistance to be arrested. Check.

2)- Police was in need to use force to arrest Garner. Check.

3)- Garner was under submission and was handcuffed. Check.

4)- Garner started to show health problems, unable of breathing properly.

Here, in point #4 is when police could have do something to save Garner's life.

We can watch the video and notice that Garner's breathing trouble should be avoided if police release him from the handcuffs, helping him to seat or stand up, and rise his arms and put them down a few times, imitating the bird's fly. This motion could have help Garner to have air flowing inside his lungs. He can be handcuffed again.

If this primary attempt to make him breathing better didn't work, then the immediate attention from paramedics was a must.

It is understood that Garner was a candidate for being arrested, but never ever a candidate to die by negligence.

The video shows that police let him die and did nothing to save his life.

In my opinion the whole police officers and paramedics involved in this incident must be taken to court. This is a case of poor training, negligence, or discrimination, because I don't think that these police officers will act so indifferent if instead of Garner was Jennifer Lopez.

A reprimand, suspension without pay or getting fired must be the punishment.

giujohn

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:36 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
breathing trouble should be avoided if police release him from the handcuffs,

Incorrect. I have gad numerous arrestees say that they cant breathe ( if they can talk they're breathing) or are hurt. If you release a prisoner who is lying and then the fight is on, then where are you? Once the cuffs go on they stay on.
Garner died from positional aphixiation due to his continued resisting. If he had stopped (or never started) he'd be alive today.
carloslebaron

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 10:11 am
@giujohn,
Quote:

Incorrect. I have gad numerous arrestees say that they cant breathe ( if they can talk they're breathing) or are hurt. If you release a prisoner who is lying and then the fight is on, then where are you? Once the cuffs go on they stay on.
Garner died from positional aphixiation due to his continued resisting. If he had stopped (or never started) he'd be alive today.

You are showing how incompetent police officers are due to self brainwashing.

So, the swimming pool lifeguard noticed that a group of children faked being drowning a few times, and he paid to attention when one of them was in trouble trying to foat in the water and let him drown.

After the investigation, the lifeguard will complaint that the children were playing before faking being at risk, so he just ignore them after that. And about the boy's death, the lifeguard will only say "oops!".

Right?

I'll tell you this, police officer are trained to go with facts and evade conjectures. If you, as a police officer "assume" that a detained is just faking to have an asthma attack or a broken arm, and you do nothing to verify it, because -by former experiences- others did the same trying to be released and escape, well, you are the worst police officer I ever saw in my life, because you are not suppose to assume but to check facts.

Watch the video.

I will give you a conspiracy theory based in "assumptions" like yours.

Garner is not showing any sign of being dangerous, on the contrary, what I see is that he is dead already and that police officers are faking to check his health by checking his heart pumping touching his neck. The female police officer appears to say that Garner is dead already but they are now performing a show. Another police officer moves the body a little bit, probably trying to fake that Garner still is alive and moving.

What about that? By former experiences, police officers have also faked a lot in order to save their integrity, and this case with Garner can be one of them.

Again, the arrest must be justified, but those police officers and paramedics must be sued by their lack of training or negligence, because Garner was not suppose to die like a dog leaning on a street sidewalk, in front of people and nobody doing anything to save his life.

I understand that you might try to protect other police officers because you might be one, and I can notice that the field has cut off your sensitivity to perceive health risk with the arrested person.

This is not just to "follow what the book says" but the case of Garner is about police officers making an arrest while preserving the integrity of the arrested.

Apparently, for you and the police officers involved in Garner's death, an arrested person is just a dog, and I must tell you that you are incorrect, because an arrested person will always be a human being that deserves his integrity to be respected AND HIS LIFE PRESERVED.

coldjoint

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 12:31 pm
@carloslebaron,
This really helps matters.
Quote:
Video: #MillionsMarchNYC Protesters Chant “What Do We Want? Dead Cops! When Do We Want It? Now!”

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/video-millionsmarchnyc-protesters-chant-what-do-we-want-dead-cops-when-do-we-want-it-now/
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 03:16 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
because -by former experiences- others did the same trying to be released and escape

As police officers we learn from past experiences...most times from a another cop being killed. Once they go in the cuffs, THEY STAY IN THE CUFFS.

Quote:
Garner is not showing any sign of being dangerous

He was resisting by not letting the cops get his hands behind his back while on the ground.

Quote:
what I see is that he is dead already and that police officers are faking to check his health by checking his heart pumping touching his neck.

Amazing!!! How come I didnt see you featured on CNN with this remarkable ability to assess death from a video?
According to EMS personnel he coded in the ambulance.

Quote:

Apparently, for you and the police officers involved in Garner's death, an arrested person is just a dog, and I must tell you that you are incorrect, because an arrested person will always be a human being that deserves his integrity to be respected AND HIS LIFE PRESERVED.

And the police officer deserves respect. If garner had any integrity he would have complied with the officer to put his hands behind his back when told he was under arrest and he would be alive today.

Quote:
but those police officers and paramedics must be sued by their lack of training or negligence, because Garner was not suppose to die like a dog leaning on a street sidewalk, in front of people and nobody doing anything to save his life.

What you and others forget, (or may not know) when I hear you all say, "How come the the cop can get away with doing this or that but if I did it I'd go straight to jail...yada yada" is that police officers have in legal terms what is called "qualified immunity". The police will not be sued for their lack of training (management may be but I dout it) and there was no negligence as defined legally.

Quote:
This is not just to "follow what the book says"

As a cop, it's when you DONT follow the book you end up in trouble and sued.

You may not like the reality but it is what it is. My suggestion is that you become mayor/police chief and make your own rules.
Good luck.

0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:22 pm
Well, because such a "qualified immunity" we are witness of how incompetent police officers became criminals by letting Garner dying without help in the street in front of everybody.

And yes, I know that police make great mistakes arresting innocent people and be immune to charges even after is found out that they were incompetent and corrupt as the most.

Very recently, two innocent black men were sent free after it was found their innocence and that a witness declared against them because "detectives" pushed him to do so.

In other words, those "detectives" did a criminal action against two innocent men.

To me, justice is to arrest those detectives and make them "service" inside jail the rest of their lives inside the same cells which were occupied by the innocent black men for decades.

I agree that the case with Brown is justified, but about Garner, that is a no no, and I'm lucky that you are not a police officer in my jurisdiction, I feel more protected and free without police men like you who won't care about the life of the arrested.

Garner was not suppose to die that day, police and paramedics were incompetent or negligent. The video shows it all.

Enjoy your immunity, a status that might protect you of being guilty of your corrupt actions or negligence, but won't protect you of being considered a honest person... and you know it.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:30 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
Garner was not suppose to die that day.

Says who? The leftists and progressives couldn't be happier. Again, I would put nothing past them.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:35 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
Garner was not suppose to die that day

He committed suicide. It was his choice. The police dont have the luxury of walking away because someone dosent want to be arrested. You can hate the cops all you want...who do you call at 2am when someone is doing a home invasion at your address?

Your call for the police to realease him because he said he cant breathe is incredibily naive. Police arent doctors nor are they trained EMTs. EMS was called and they responded. HE DIED IN THE AMBULANCE.
carloslebaron

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 03:32 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
He committed suicide. It was his choice. The police dont have the luxury of walking away because someone dosent want to be arrested. You can hate the cops all you want...who do you call at 2am when someone is doing a home invasion at your address?

In my house we know how to defend ourselves, so calling the police? Thanks but no thanks.

I don't hate police, the police officers in my jurisdiction are very respectful and responsible. I saw them making arrests, they know their job, I feel my taxes are not wasted.

Now well, it is a duty of any citizen, specially police, to impede someone committing suicide. We can see in the video that police "choose" not to stop Garner "committing suicide."

I guess that if you are that kind of police who let people die and won't bring help, then chances are that if you get shot one of these days, people won't help you as well, and they might close their windows, walk away, watch TV and ignore you.

Quote:
Your call for the police to realease him because he said he cant breathe is incredibily naive. Police arent doctors nor are they trained EMTs. EMS was called and they responded. HE DIED IN THE AMBULANCE.

Very recently, an old woman went to a store and stole five eggs which broke inside her garments. A police officer arrived and heard the owner store and the old woman's version. The police officer got inside the store and bought a dozen eggs box and gave it to her. A video shows the hug between the police officer and the old woman, who got desperate because it was no food for her grandchildren and money was supposed to arrive days later.

http://kcbx.org/post/officer-buys-eggs-woman-caught-shoplifting-feed-family

NO CHARGES WERE PRESENTED BY THE STORE OWNER NEITHER BY THE POLICE OFFICER.

But, knowing your "by the book" way of caring for citizens around, I can bet that if the police officer was you, then you will arrest the old woman, and that you will enforce the store owner to present charges. Still, that police officer of the news is telling you "by the book my ass".

The same as well, if a detained is suffering any health problem while is arrested, a police officer can't be indifferent to the condition of the arrested person. This is not a mandatory thing, but belongs to ethics, a word and meaning that appears is unknown by you.

By the way, the police officers in the video forgot their CPR lessons long ago. To me, Garner died long before he was taken to the ambulance.

Of course, I can't prove it, and I'm aware of it... I did work for government for 20 years and I know how government works in cover ups.

Well, this case will be buried and forgotten. Hope to see you around, I know that you are trying to do the right thing, even when you know that your way of trying is wrong.
giujohn

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 08:32 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
To me, Garner died long before he was taken to the ambulance.

And I wouldnt want you as my paramedic...you seem to be to quick on the draw to declare someone dead!!! (And from a video no less...thats an amazing talent you have there. Ever thought of going on Americas Got Talent?)
carloslebaron

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:08 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
And I wouldnt want you as my paramedic...you seem to be to quick on the draw to declare someone dead!!! (And from a video no less...thats an amazing talent you have there. Ever thought of going on Americas Got Talent?)

I hate to say this, but if I'm your paramedic I won't let you die... I might make you suffer, but I won't let you die... ☺
giujohn

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 03:19 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
I won't let you die

According to your statment that you are able to determine when someone is dead (when they are not), it appears you will.