giujohn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 06:25 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Last time I checked I'm white...so is Edgar...dissapointed?

Were you on the jury? If not... What the **** are you talking about
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 06:26 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
for peddling cigarettes...

Liar!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 06:49 pm
@gollum,
Quote:
I guess it means that there are 12 persons on the jury and so unanimity is needed to indict.

In NYS the GJ is 23...I believe 16 were non white on ther g
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 06:50 pm
@gollum,
Quote:
I guess it means that there are 12 persons on the jury and so unanimity is needed to indict.

In NYS the GJ is 23...I believe 16 were non white on the garner GJ
gollum

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 08:15 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn-

I think the New York State grand jury has 12 persons, while the federal grand jury has 23 persons.
Germlat

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:17 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Germlat wrote:
The problem is excessive force...

That depends on whether he was resisting arrest (something I've seen conflicting claims on).

IF he was resisting arrest, tackling him and manhandling him into handcuffs would not seem excessive.

If he was not resisting though, I can see how it would be excessive.

Germlat wrote:
There were FOUR subduing a man for peddling cigarrettes...one KILLED him for it.

That makes it sound as if this was an intentional killing. It was clearly an accidental death.

I don't think it was intentional. I do think this idiot cop applied to much force and killed him.
Germlat

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:55 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Germlat wrote:
The problem is excessive force...

That depends on whether he was resisting arrest (something I've seen conflicting claims on).

IF he was resisting arrest, tackling him and manhandling him into handcuffs would not seem excessive.

If he was not resisting though, I can see how it would be excessive.

Germlat wrote:
There were FOUR subduing a man for peddling cigarrettes...one KILLED him for it.

That makes it sound as if this was an intentional killing. It was clearly an accidental death.

The problem I also see is that he used a chokehold, when it is against NYPD policy to begin with. This officer has been charged twice in the past for violating citizens rights. One was for FALSE arrest--the city ended up settling for him. The other case is pending. I think cops should be made to wear cameras.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 02:19 pm
Quote:
BREAKING: #EricGarner Had At Least 8 Domestic Incident Reports Filed Against Him

http://gotnews.com/breaking-ericgarner-least-8-domestic-incident-reports-filed/
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 02:39 pm
@coldjoint,
With this breaking news, I can fully understand why they choked him to death then, coldjoint.

Can't allow someone to live who may have had domestic troubles, can we.

coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 02:47 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
With this breaking news, I can fully understand why they choked him to death then, coldjoint.

That's nice. I did not say that, you just did.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 02:52 pm
@coldjoint,
Alright, thicko, so you don't understand sarcasm.

Let's try the direct approach.

What on earth is the significance of this earth shattering news that you have posted?

Give me one reason why this should have any bearing in this matter.

We all saw the video. How does your rubbishing his character alter what we all saw?

Come on stupid, elighten me.

coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 02:57 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Alright, thicko, so you don't understand sarcasm.

I understand arrogance better. And it concerns the way a cop might handle a repeat, sometimes violent, offender.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:07 pm
@coldjoint,
Idiot.

Did you see the banned choke hold?

Did you see "violent offender" tattooed on the victim's forehead?

Tell me, would you even spend one second of your time digging up dirt if the victim was white?

What if you discovered that the choking officer was muslim?

Your motivation in all this is purely racism, isn't it.
giujohn

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:30 pm
@gollum,
Quote:
I think the New York State grand jury has 12 persons, while the federal grand jury has 23 persons.

Incorrect...NYS has 23 for GJ, 12 for petit. There must be at least 16 seated to hear any case, and 12 on the GJ must agree to indict.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 06:02 pm
@coldjoint,
Yeah, because carpfart has something to hide, right carpfart?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Hey moron, why do you hate the Constitution so much? That "evidence" is inadmissible. Its proves not a ******* thing except that you don't know a ******* thing.
Germlat

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:07 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Refer to Lordy....
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:08 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas, stop it. You're just trying to confuse coldfart with the facts! That's just unfair, he has preconceived notions to carve from stone, and you want to deal in facts and truth! Have you no shame?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:20 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
I do think this idiot cop applied to much force and killed him.

Again, it kind of depends on whether he was resisting arrest (I've seen conflicting claims and don't know the truth).

If the guy was not resisting arrest, then tackling him like that seems excessive to me.

But if the guy was resisting arrest, I don't see how tackling him and manhandling him into handcuffs would be excessive.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:21 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
The problem I also see is that he used a chokehold, when it is against NYPD policy to begin with.

I've seen conflicting claims as to whether that was really a chokehold. I don't know enough to add my own 2 cents.

However, the issue of NYPD policy is a gray area. Whether or not this move is banned on paper, the NYPD tells their officers that it is a valid move, and actively trains them to use the move.

If the NYPD truly wishes their officers to not use the move, they might want to stop training their officers to use it.

Germlat wrote:
I think cops should be made to wear cameras.

I'm all for more cameras. It will help fill in the blanks in so many of these cases where we don't know what happened.
0 Replies