MOTHERS AND ADULT DAUGHTERS

Rae

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 10:45 pm
Going by what I remember of Grandma's last years, littlek. She loved my Ma so very much.

She was proud of her, too.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 10:54 pm
Rae, that's because mom was vacationing with me at the time ... but, she never said a bad word about the 'oldest' and she also defended her to the end.

Ah well, I'm still having problems with the 'oldest' as you well know, she drives me nuckin' futs!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 10:56 pm
She drove Maude nuckinfuts, too, Ma.

Just deal with it.....you were her favorite. Laughing
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:00 pm
Ha ha, okay Rae, thanks! < shuffling off, nodding head, don't believe it! >
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:01 pm
You're lookin at it from your point of view only ~ remember that Kim and I were there, too.

Trust me.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:10 pm
Rae, I'll believe you, AFTER you ask Aunt Marie her opinion too!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:14 pm
ooooh, this is good.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:30 pm
Gosh I've been watching my Mrs with the Mother-In-Law for 9 days - this is an interesting discussion
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:31 pm
Is your wife a first born daughter?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:32 pm
nope she's #4 of 5
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:33 pm
oh but I can say she's a Libra and I'm a Capricorn
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:34 pm
come on now girls, try to get along, please? think about paddy, do you really want him to see you two like this?

i believe it,,,,,,,,ouch lol
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:35 pm
good match those signs.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:40 pm
NEWS ALERT
MY BEST FRIEND JUST HAD A BABY GIRL!!!!! This was child#6 age spread from newborn to 21 years!.
I'm so very happy for them - now cut the ribbon!!!!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:40 pm
LittleK, do you know a lot about birth signs?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:02 am
Mothers and daughters - I am the oldest of three daughters, and I got along ok with my mother. She was the pet of her mother. They were all from the south, and mama was the name.

I am the mother of two grown daughters and a son. I tried to sell my oldest daughter for a couple of years, but nobody would take her. Today we talk at least once a day on the phone, and see each other frequently. I do consider her my friend. My younger daughter tries to rule my life (including my hair color), and I can never get mad at her. She is so funny, and has never borne a grudge. And the two are very close, and close with my son. They all call me ma, and we are from the north, so maybe there is something regional.

From where I sit, they've all become interesting people, and are raising kids I dote on. My younger daughter and my son are twins, and seem to have completely different memories of their childhood. And whatever happened is my fault, so I simply trace this mom thing all the way back to Eve, and refuse responsibility.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:10 am
mamajuan - good stuff!

Misti i know a fair share about birthsigns. But, here is not the place to get into it. You can PM me, but I'm off to bed soon.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:14 am
Mamajuana, loved your post. You seem like a close-knit family, that's always nice to see.

I love that you said you're not taking responsibility, I think I'll adopt that too!!!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:17 am
Husker - congratulations to your best friend! Six you say? Wow!

I am the third of four girls. My two older sisters were the "squeaky wheel" types, while I was the quiet one. The three of us were fairly close in age. Then when I was 10, my younger sister was born. I remember as a child wishing for more attention. Looking back now, I know my mother did her best, and since I wasn't as outgoing as the others I really didn't get as much one-on-one attention, but all my needs were met and we've always been a pretty close family.

Now as a grown-up, it still seems like my mom "favors" my oldest and youngest sisters. I'm sure it's not intentional. I think a lot of it has to do with personality types.

I feel lucky. It must be hard to take criticism from a parent at any age, but when you're grown up you think it will stop and sometimes it doesn't.

I think the best thing is to be as loving and caring of parents as one can be. But if criticism, etc., is making you unhappy, try to limit your time with the parent if at all possible, and when you do have time with them, remember - they won't always be there. Do everything you can to make it quality time!
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:28 am
Misti - we are. And to make matters worse, I've known my daughter-in-law since she was a cheerleader and my son played ball, and my son-in-law lived across the street. When we get together for dinner we are loud and noisy.

You said you came from a large family? My husband's one of seven - only boy. His sisters and I consider ourselves the best of friends, and they are very funny with him. I am grateful for the way it turned out, but it did take some hard work.
0 Replies