Negro Crossing Sign

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 07:04 am
I hope everyone looked at my Mr. Methane link. I found this on the net:

"Mr. Methane's "Curry in the Air Tonight"

Farts.com has caught wind of some disturbing news from the music industry. Our friend, Mr. Methane, is having his creative gasses stifled by an anal retentive musician.

It seems that some time ago, Mr. Methane recorded a copy of the song "Curry in the Air Tonight" to the tune of Phil Collins' song "In the Air Tonight". Mr. Methane was told that he could not release his version of the song due to copyright infringement.

I don't understand what the problem is. I mean, that Phil Collins song isn't even about farts and has absolutely no farts in it (none that are audible, anyway).

Despite a very nice letter to Phil Collins, our hero Mr. Methane was told that Phil would not grant his permission for the song to be used by Mr. Methane, so the parody could not be released."

http://66.70.90.104/interactive/curry_in_the_air.mp3

(Download requires Quicktime)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:56 am
(quick comment in the midst of all of the farts -- phew -- that in terms of "forbidding" et al, ya notice that this thread is still here, right? Like, not pulled or anything? [Pull my finger.] Censure [it's yucky], censure [anyone who thinks it's yucky is mean and humorless], and the thread continues merrily tooting along.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 10:17 am
This thread has been fartjacked.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 11:03 am
It's the wind of change, cjhsa.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 03:20 pm
We had everyone's best interests in mind.
0 Replies

cjd

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 12:01 pm
Laughing I'm new to A2K and just happened to come across this.......It was the best laugh I've had in days........good sense of humor SCoates.....anyone that was offended just needs to remember it was done in fun, for entertainment purposes only. If it was ment to gain attention and reactions, it scored a 10!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 01:08 pm
cjd wrote:
...anyone that was offended just needs to remember it was done in fun, for entertainment purposes only...

Note to self:

Making fun of cjd is perfectly acceptable, as long as it's only for entertainment.

I can live with that. Ridiculing you for entertainment would be fun, if you ever get offended just remember that it was for my entertainment. :-D
0 Replies

cjd

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:26 pm
Smile point taken.....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:40 pm
Ahhhh haaa haa cjd is yellow!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:44 pm
Anyone who was offended was apparently too dense to notice the category in which it is posted . . .
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:46 pm
It wasn't posted to this category.

So who's dense?
0 Replies

cjd

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:47 pm
God only knows the number of times I've done something that others (including myself) have had a good laugh over. But, my interpretation of the subject of humor in this case was the design of the signs or lack thereof...........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:50 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
It wasn't posted to this category.

So who's dense?

Not i . . . it only came to my attention while perusing the jokes category, and i don't consider a charge of being dense as being justifiably made against me were it posted elsewhere and then moved here, as it is not evident that this were the case by simply skimming the thread upon seeing it . . . of course, if this sort of thing amuses you, help yourself, call me dense . . .
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:54 pm
I was tempted to, considering the category... ;-)

Just making a point. I thought the thread was stupid and it didn't offend me, but whether or not someone is offended is their prerogative.

Calling them dense is something you don't seem to be bothered with but you might (in the right circumstances) take offense to precisely that, that's why I asked who.

SCoates was trying to claim to be black but his joke did offend some of our black members.

It's damn easy to tell them that they are dense and that they should take it as a joke. But few people take that kind of advice themselves when offended.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:57 pm
The category is jokes, something which it occurs to me more and more often ought head every post you make . . .
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 04:05 pm
Dude I have no idea what you just said. Was it a joke? :-D
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 04:12 pm
thanks scrotum

too busy laughing to post anyting sensible or funny
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:20 pm
I had missed the last bunch of posts when I just typed this, so it is meant for Setanta's message about five posts back.

Oh, thanks. I was sort of hit by it, reactive to the tenor of the thread as it developed, and bounced back because I like freedom in speech as well as anyofya, yet couldn't help myself from posting somewhat enigmatic selfcontradictory-seeming comments, once the reactions got going. I still come out of my inner dialogue with 'go for it', but please don't call anyone who reels re categories a bit 'dense'.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 06:12 am
"I am part black myself (although it isn't too obvious) and I was outraged."

Only just seen this. Which bits Mr Scoates?
0 Replies

cjd

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 09:18 am
not yellow Craven......just being polite. Not only do I have a good sense of humor, I'm courteous
0 Replies