Negro Crossing Sign

squinney

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:02 am
I found it funny to start with not because it was self deprecating, racist, picking on deaf children, or any of that stuff. I found it funny because it had the tone of a child.

Remember being a child? Do you have kids? They really do say the darndest things... BECAUSE they aren't tainted with adult PC, careful what you say stuff.

Our eldest, as many of you know, is handicapped. He often gives us enourmous amounts of laughter because he see's things differently. We do not laugh AT him, we laugh mostly because his view catches us off guard, reminds us of more innocent times. As adults, we have lost our childlike view of the world, and when he reminds us of it, we laugh. When he see's that he has made us laugh, he is pretty happy with himself.

Children are more literal. The signs, when observed from this standpoint are funny because as adults, we have forgotten how to be literal and it bounces us back!

(I hope I have explained that in a way that is understood - but I probably only added more to the unfunnyness part)

BTW, I am also legally blind, and I took no offense to this thread.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:06 am
I just farted.

Duck and cover.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:09 am
I have always been struck by the fact that only men ar eable to walk at walk/don't walk signs - or women in trousers with flat chests...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:09 am
A biter and a farter. DAMN!!!!!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:10 am
they're not flat....they're just drawn that way......
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:10 am
with all due respect to all, and with respect for everybody's feeling I can only say that there are very few countries in the world where this debate could take place. Besides USA some others are probably SOME Arab and communistic countries - USA is better however, because in other countries people would end up in jail or being shot for such jokes.
Joke is joke and if you want to be offended you can be offended by anything. Are black people more important then lawyers? Catholics more then doctors? Irish more then blind?
Your country is your country and I am not planning to teach you what to do in it and with it. But this PC thing went really too far.
Whoever thinks that those jokes should be forbidden or at least never talked in public is either full of hipocracy or thinks that all or almost all jokes should be forbidden.
What is difference between jokes about race and jokes about "retarded, greedy, completely immoral" lawyers?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:12 am
But i understand perfectly what Craven is saying.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:14 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
A biter and a farter. DAMN!!!!!

Yeppers.

That is why I am universally beloved.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:15 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:
with all due respect to all, and with respect for everybody's feeling I can only say that there are very few countries in the world where this debate could take place. Besides USA some others are probably SOME Arab and communistic countries - USA is better however, because in other countries people would end up in jail or being shot for such jokes.
Joke is joke and if you want to be offended you can be offended by anything. Are black people more important then lawyers? Catholics more then doctors? Irish more then blind?
Your country is your country and I am not planning to teach you what to do in it and with it. But this PC thing went really too far.
Whoever thinks that those jokes should be forbidden or at least never talked in public is either full of hipocracy or thinks that all or almost all jokes should be forbidden.
What is difference between jokes about race and jokes about "retarded, greedy, completely immoral" lawyers?

You lose an important case lately?
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:17 am
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

no, no, I am for jokes about all professions, races and religions.
Except journalists. If you tell a joke about journalists I'll cry.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:18 am
I think MyOwnUserName is on our side Bear.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:20 am
but only if you don't start with jokes about journalists! in that case I'll sue you all and I will call you names and I'll...I'll tell!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:24 am
What do you call 100 journalists at the bottom of the ocean?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:27 am
A good start? That one applies to lawyers too bunny, and therapists.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:28 am
cavfancier wrote:
I think MyOwnUserName is on our side Bear.

I know, just keeping up the good times......this is such a feel good thread.....

A feared and powerful mafia chief, on his deathbed, call his three best friends to his side, his priest, his doctor, and his lawyer and handed them each an envelope containing $50,000.00. "It's my intention to prove that I CAN take it with me, so I want you, at the funeral, to put these three envelopes of cash in my coffin with me." "Don't even think of keeping it, because even from the grave, my arm is long". He then passed away.

A few days later as the three friends were walking away from the grave site, the priest looked especially uncomfortable and burst out" I have to admit that I took 20,000.00 out of the envelope for our homeless mission downtown." The doctor then admitted that he too, had removed 25,000.00 from the envelope to help fund his downtown AIDS clinic. The lawyer drew himself up, full of righteous indignation and said "gentlemen I am ashamed and dismayed to hear this news. You have betrayed not only a professional but a personal trust, and I want you to know that I left a check for the full 50,000.00 in my envelope."
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:29 am
Sad noooo...dlowan I will report you!

Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:30 am
cavfancier wrote:
A good start? That one applies to lawyers too bunny, and therapists.

Two out of three just ain't fair...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:33 am
Well, seeing as Craven 'labelled' me the fart expert (oh how I hate labels):

A woman goes to her boyfriend's parents house for dinner. This is to be her first time meeting the family and she is very nervous. They all sit down and begin eating a fine meal. The woman is beginning to feel a little discomfort, thanks to her nervousness and the broccoli casserole. The gas pains are almost making her eyes water. Left with no other choice, she decides to relieve herself a bit and lets out a dainty little fart. It wasn't loud, but everyone at the table heard the poop. Before she even had a chance to be embarrassed, her boyfriend's father looked over at the dog that had been snoozing at the women's feet, and said in a rather stern voice, "Skippy!"

The woman thought, 'This is great!' and a big smile came across her face. A couple minutes later, she was beginning to feel the pain again. This time, she didn't even hesitate. She let a much louder and longer fart rip. The father again looked at the dog and yelled, "Dammit Skippy!!!"

Once again the woman smiled and thought, "yes!"

A few minutes later the woman had to let another one rip. This time she didn't even think about it. She let rip with a fart that rivaled a train whistle blowing. Once again, the father looked at the dog with disgust and yelled, "Dammit Skippy, get away from her before she craps on you!"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:38 am
Ah - yes - and old Cholmondeley at the Colonel's dinner.

Poor old Cholmondeley's control wasn't what it once was, and he farted during the sole.

"CHOLMONDELEY!" roared the Colonel. "You have farted in front of my wife!!!"

Cholmondely blushed a little, and said apologetically: "Terribly sorry, old fellow. I didn't realise it was her turn."
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:44 am
A man had a terrible passion for baked beans, but they always had a somewhat lively effect on him. After he met the woman of his dreams, he made the supreme sacrifice and gave them up; he couldn't imagine subjecting his new wife to his beastly emissions.
On his birthday, his car broke down, so he called his wife and told her he'd have to walk home. He walked past a cafe and the wonderful aroma of baked beans overwhelmed him. Since he was still a couple of miles from home, he figured he could indulge, and then walk off any ill effects. So he had three extra-large helpings of beans, and he "put-putted" all the way home.
His wife met him at the door and seemed somewhat excited. She exclaimed, "Darling, I have the most wonderful surprise for you for dinner tonight!"
She blindfolded him, and led him to his chair at the head of the table, making him promise not to peek. At this point, he was beginning to feel another one coming on. Just as she was about to remove the blindfold, the telephone rang and she went to answer it.
While she was gone, he seized the opportunity. He shifted his weight to one leg and let go. It was not only loud, but ripe as a rotten egg. He gasped and felt for his napkin and fanned the air about him. He had just started to feel better, when another urge came on. This one sounded like a diesel engine revving, and smelled worse. He tried flapping his arms, to clear the air. But another one snuck out, and the windows rattled, the dishes on the table shook, and a minute later, the flowers on the table were dead.
When he heard his wife ending her conversation, he neatly laid his napkin on his lap and folded his hands on top of it. He was the picture of innocence when she walked in.
Apologizing for taking so long, she asked if he had peeked at the dinner. He assured her he had not, so she removed the blindfold and yelled, "Surprise!!!"
To his shock and horror, there were twelve dinner guests seated around the table for his surprise birthday party.
0 Replies