Malaysia Airlines jet crashes in Ukraine

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:29 pm
@oralloy,
Well, you missed the point altogether . . . as usual.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Are they waiting for more evidence to be destroyed? Maybe that's their strategy so they won't have to take the actions necessary to let Putin know shooting down commercial aircraft is not allowed in this world.

I don't think the officials attempting to retrieve the evidence at the crash site have safe passage. News reports continue to state that Russian separatists fire weapons in the air when investigators attempt approach. I don't know if everybody thinks rescue folks are bullet proof, but you need an international investigation team to get in to Ukraine, while dodging fighting between Ukraine and Russian separatists. It's a war zone, less than ideal to collect necessary evidence. And then there is the even more important task of notifying relatives and returning the deceased for proper burial. It's a disaster, and the stink will linger around Putin longer than he knows. Maybe Putin will develop a Kremlin cough.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:56 pm
@glitterbag,
That's all part of the problem; the allies are letting them do all those things that are contrary to getting factual information. We're letting them do all those things. What's the excuse?
NSFW (view)
JTT

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 07:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
The shoot down of a civilian aircraft cruising at 33,000 feet is something that should chill the marrow of every nations bones.

Yeah right, you war crimes apologist.

Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air civilian passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai that was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes on 3 July 1988.

According to the United States Government, the crew incorrectly identified the Iranian Airbus A300 as an attacking F-14A Tomcat fighter, a plane made in the United States and operated at that time by only two forces worldwide, the United States Navy and the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force. The Iranian F-14s had been supplied by manufacturer Grumman in an air-to-air configuration only and had no known anti-ship capabilities.[5][6]

As of 1993, the USA had not apologized to Iran.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

JTT

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 07:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Another sighting of the exceedingly common USian hypocriticus, but this time only two have shown up.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 07:25 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
As of 1993, the USA had not apologized to Iran.

Well first, the entire thing was all Iran's fault. They had just caused grievous damage to another of our warships by laying mines in its path. Our sailors were justifiably in fear of imminent Iranian attack.

And second, Iran has committed many intentional atrocities against the US, and has never apologized or made restitution. How about they go first?

Third, who says the US hasn't apologized? I didn't bother to go check, but I wouldn't be surprised if the US actually has apologized and made restitution. (But if not, then see #2 above.)
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 07:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's all part of the problem; the allies are letting them do all those things that are contrary to getting factual information. We're letting them do all those things. What's the excuse?

We are not the worlds authority. Other governments frown on the US govt dropping in to fix things in their territory. I understand your dismay, but the US does not have free entry anywhere it chooses. There were a lot of citizens from many countries on that plane, they have more say in the situation than the US does. This is a problem for the entire world, not just the US. Our Congress has been in a deadlock for 6 years because they don't like how the voters voted. How in Gods name can you get those assholes off their butts? Declare war on Putin?
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:10 pm
@oralloy,
Damn, you make me look like a gentleman by comparison.

THANKS!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:40 pm
@glitterbag,
I understand we are not the world's authority; and I don't want that for any reason. But many of the victims are from the Netherlands and other countries. Europe has more a concern than the US, and they're the ones who needs to respond to this killing of their citizens. All I'm observing are words with no action to respond property to this incident. I'm just wondering why.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:49 pm
This is a tragedy, not an opportunity to be offensive to each other. I deleted at least one of my responses to that typing pus bag Ollaroy, because the topic is not about Ollaroy or me. I don't think a serious issue such as this recent loss of life merits a spat of personal insults. I don't even like to have his name in the same sentence that I type, let alone be corresponding with it. He's been on ignore along with others for a while now.

I would like to apologize to all the others for indulging in baiting a moron for my personal amusement. The ignore button is a necessity for me, it's hard to step over stupid, without a comment. But the rest of the forum doesn't need to hear what I think of some people. I shouldn't have looked at o's comment, but his remarks about Germany were offensive. I don't know what nationality O is, I just hope he belongs to another country.

Many of us had fathers who fought in WWII, many lost family members. I don't think all the suffering or sacrifices should be ground to insignificance because some of us have short fuses, and others are total $&#%s.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:01 pm
@glitterbag,
According to the latest news, 280 bodies were transferred by train out of the rebel area, and the black box was handed to a Malaysian Airline official.

It's a good start, and all those unnecessary delays only exacerbates the anger of family members and loved ones who lost loved ones by this purposeful missile shoot-down of this commercial aircraft.

The big question still remains unanswered. Who pays for this crime?
Below viewing threshold (view)
JTT

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
This is a tragedy ...

The USA has created many hundreds of these tragedies and y'all, with the exception of a few, are silent. So when you come out with all this phony pretense it only highlights your stunning hypocrisy.

Quote:
Many of us had fathers who fought in WWII, many lost family members.

All to help the rich and powerful grasp the colonies of the defeated European powers. Then began the 70 year reign of USA brutality against the world that continues to this day.

You want people to pay for their vicious crimes. Show a bit of honesty and integrity and hang Bush, Cheney, Blair, Howard, and the other pieces of NeoCon excrement.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Damn, you make me look like a gentleman by comparison.
THANKS!

Well, I'm sure you are a gentleman. Just because some board vermin might spout name-calling at you doesn't make their name-calling true.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The big question still remains unanswered. Who pays for this crime?

Let's ask the bigger questions first, MKay?

1) Was there a crime?

2) If so who did the crime?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
If you think a missile shoot down of a commercial aircraft with 298 people on it is not a crime, there's nothing more I can discuss with you! Your ignorance is beyond my patience level.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If you think a missile shoot down of a commercial aircraft with 298 people on it is not a crime, there's nothing more I can discuss with you

I am sorry, where did you see an announcement supported by evidence that this is what happened? When I look around the web today I see claims that the US and others are still working on this.

case in point via AP with AP writers:

Quote:
US working on case against Russia on downed plane

http://news.yahoo.com/us-working-case-against-russia-downed-plane-071134109--politics.html