ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
<catching up on the thread, I agree, Finn>
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:32 pm
@katsung47,
That's a load of old bollocks sockpuppet. The exclusion zone was 32,000 feet, nothing about planes flying higher than that.

It's fairly obvious you're just a mouthpiece for Putin. These tactics may work in Moscow, but we can smell bullshit a mile off.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's done massive harm to the cuban populace for waaaaaay too long.

I don't have any answers re Putin and his and pals seeming secure hold on the country, and was interested in Izzy's comments about what he is exposed to re data.

The situation is a mess, as all of us know, but even on this board we see the mess with different eyes.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I figure they were as surprised as any of the rest of us. That Russia provided the weapon to the separatists, I take as a given. That they wanted them to use it for other than defense, I somewhat doubt. That the separatists were themselves not of one mind, I might guess, but some one or more or many more moved against the airliner.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:41 pm
@ossobuco,
There's a number of Russian sockpuppets on this thread voting down posts that aren't supportive of Putin. It's so bloody transparent it's hilarious. And it's another argument for getting shot of the voting option.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:47 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm not the only one to have noticed it.
http://able2know.org/topic/250543-1
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:10 am
There's one thing for certain that won't come out of this travesty. Justice for the victims.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:29 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
There's one thing for certain that won't come out of this travesty. Justice for the victims.

explain to me please how it would be possible to collect justice after you are dead.....
roger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:32 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

"I said, 'Mr. Prime Minister, I'm looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul,'" Biden told the magazine. "He looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, 'We understand one another.'"

Okay, he read those eyes better than George W. Next thing you know, he'll be talking about the Evil Empire.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:49 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

"I said, 'Mr. Prime Minister, I'm looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul,'" Biden told the magazine. "He looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, 'We understand one another.'"

Okay, he read those eyes better than George W. Next thing you know, he'll be talking about the Evil Empire.

that is two.....Gates says that Biden has been wrong about everything, but he was right that Iraq should be split into three, that efforts to preserve the current lines were a mistake.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 04:34 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

explain to me please how it would be possible to collect justice after you are dead.....

Then why do we put murderers on trial?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 08:04 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

You gotta admit that's great copy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 05:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Here's more bad news for Putin.
http://news.yahoo.com/grieving-dutch-minister-made-europe-think-russia-sanctions-003553898--sector.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 05:48 pm
This whole thing stinks and Putin does not have the good sense to back away.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 06:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

This whole thing stinks and Putin does not have the good sense to back away.
one does not fold if they think they have the right cards, Putin appears to believe that he does.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 06:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
For someone who claims to be bullied all the time, you're pretty ignorant about how bullies think. Up until now the West had talked loudly but done little, and Putin has just had to wait a few months for the dust to settle then it's back to business as normal. That needs to change, because Putin won't.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 06:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Putin may think he has the right cards, but he's looking at his country going into recession. The European countries are now in tune that something drastic needs to be done. That will make all Russians happy they have Putin as their leader.

I'm sure the threats from Europe will have some teeth - at long last.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 09:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Putin may think he has the right cards, but he's looking at his country going into recession. The European countries are now in tune that something drastic needs to be done. That will make all Russians happy they have Putin as their leader.

I'm sure the threats from Europe will have some teeth - at long last.
Given the connectedness of the global economy it might be our own throats that we are slitting. Clearly this is the bet Putin has made, he believes that if Russia falls we go too. I dont know that he is right, claims that russia is an unimportant third world country that can be isolated have some decent arguments.