Baldimo

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 03:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Typical response...
oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 03:30 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
What do you suggest he should have done? Dig Saddam up and re-instate him as Pres?
Too late was the cry.
Bush and his poodle took away the only thing that was suppressing a civil war.

Were Saddam still alive and in power, I don't know that he would be all that appealing a solution.

Assad is still alive and in power in Syria, but he is such a repugnant monster that few people think that the best option is to help Assad defeat ISIS. Saddam was just as bad as Assad, if not even worse.

Regardless, as you correctly note, Saddam isn't available for the job anymore.

As for suggestions for what Mr. Obama should have done (actually I think the crisis is just beginning, so this should be a present tense "suggestions for what Mr. Obama should do"), I think the most important thing he should do is start laying the diplomatic groundwork for a world-wide coalition to destroy ISIS.

However this Iraq/Syria thing turns out, if ISIS survives it, they will continue their mission to conquer the entire world and commit genocide against all non-Muslims. And sooner or later they're going to have to be stopped, unless we're willing to all become victims of genocide.

The US is probably able to stop ISIS all by ourselves, but it'll go a lot easier for us if the entire planet is standing alongside us when we do it.

So the most important thing Mr. Obama should be doing right now is quietly talking with all the governments of the world, to make sure that every single one of them understands ISIS' plans for global genocide.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 03:42 pm
@izzythepush,
As I said, the showdown will not be based on sectarian strife but on oil and regional influence. The make-up of the population of these states will only come into play if they have more of an allegiance to a Shia State than their own.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 04:28 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey9tExYbjm8

WHAT YOU AREN'T BEING TOLD.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 04:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Everybody doesn't know that, the West has had a significant presence in the Middle East,

Well we should indeed sit on them for a few generations like the Brits did to India until we can pound their culture to the point that they can get at least a semi-stable government together that is not a total irrational religious dictatorship but we are not going to do that.

Quote:
Take up the White man's burden --
Send forth the best ye breed --
Go bind your sons to exile
To serve your captives' need;
To wait in heavy harness
On fluttered folk and wild --
Your new-caught, sullen peoples,
Half devil and half child.

Take up the White Man's burden --
In patience to abide,
To veil the threat of terror
And check the show of pride;
By open speech and simple,
An hundred times mad plain.
To seek another's profit,
And work another's gain.

The savage wars of peace --
Fill full the mouth of Famine
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
The end for others sought,
Watch Sloth and heathen Folly
Bring all your hope to nought.

No tawdry rule of kings,
But toil of serf and sweeper --
The tale of common things.
The ports ye shall not enter,
The roads ye shall not tread,
Go make them with your living,
And mark them with your dead!

Take up the White man's burden --
And reap his old reward:
The blame of those ye better,
The hate of those ye guard --
The cry of hosts ye humour
(Ah, slowly!) toward the light: --
"Why brought ye us from bondage,
"Our loved Egyptian night?"

Ye dare not stoop to less --
Nor call too loud on freedom
To cloak your weariness;
By all ye cry or whisper,
By all ye leave or do,
The silent, sullen peoples
Shall weigh your Gods and you.

Have done with childish days --
The lightly proffered laurel,
The easy, ungrudged praise.
Comes now, to search your manhood
Through all the thankless years,
Cold-edged with dear-bought wisdom,
The judgment of your peers!

BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 04:38 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
However this Iraq/Syria thing turns out, if ISIS survives it, they will continue their mission to conquer the entire world and commit genocide against all non-Muslims.

LOL conquer the world and genocide against all non-Muslins???????????

You are not living in the real world at all and they are far more of a local threat to the area Muslims who are of the "wrong" branch then anyone else.
mark noble

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 04:52 pm
It's you guys who aren't living in the real world.
WATCH THE LINK ABOVE!
You can speculate and counter-speculate all day, every day - But you are so shut off from the actuality of events.
Take your blinkers off guys - And SEE - If but once......
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 05:10 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Well we should indeed sit on them for a few generations like the Brits did to India

Again you fail to grasp what's going on. Whenever you feel threatened you resort to petty nationalism instead of dealing with reality. We could trade horror stories tit for tat about the relative horrors of British and American imperialism all night, but that doesn't alter the fact that the Arabs don't differentiate between the two.

You like to pick and choose your heritage as it suits, you're quite happy to claim the Magna Carta, but when it comes to the Crusades you think you can remain aloof. You can't, as far as the Arabs are concerned you're all part of the same Christendom that captured Jerusalem. Until you grasp that nettle you're never going to get your head around what's happening.
BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 06:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Magna Carta, but when it comes to the Crusades you think you can remain aloof.

LOL the Cusades that started due to Byzantine Emperor Alexios I Komnenos, who requested that western volunteers come to his aid and help to repel the invading Seljuq Turks from Anatolia.

Seem that the Muslims had done as must it not more invasions then the Europeans.

The idea that the Muslims who had spread their religion by the sword from the very first and did target Europe for similar treatment are poor victims of Christian Europeans is kind of funny to say the least.

oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 06:49 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
oralloy wrote:
However this Iraq/Syria thing turns out, if ISIS survives it, they will continue their mission to conquer the entire world and commit genocide against all non-Muslims.

LOL conquer the world and genocide against all non-Muslins???????????

Yes.

(As an aside, it is interesting that the anti-war scumbags just gave me -3 votes for saying that President Obama should pursue global diplomacy. Let me add to my proposal by suggesting that all anti-war scum be dragged down to Guantanamo for long-term detention next to their terrorist buddies. Their desire to see America be destroyed is growing a bit tiresome.)

Anyway, in addition to wanting to conquer the world and commit genocide against all non-Muslims, ISIL also wants to abolish all freedom and democracy, and wants to make it a capital offense for anyone to teach a woman to read. I sometimes leave those off the list because by the time ISIL gets to that point we'll all be dead of their genocide anyway.

BillRM wrote:
You are not living in the real world at all

Yes I am. ISIL really does intend to conquer the world, commit genocide against all non-Muslims, abolish all freedom and democracy, and make it a capital offense to teach a woman how to read.

"Pointing out what someone actually intends to do" counts as "living in the real world".

BillRM wrote:
and they are far more of a local threat to the area Muslims who are of the "wrong" branch then anyone else.

That would be news to all the people who were trapped atop the World Trade Center back in 2001.

ISIL is going to keep going until someone stops them. And that means that someone is going to have to go to the trouble of stopping them.

Unless of course we're all agreeing to let them massacre us. Personally though, I'm not agreeing to just be massacred. I'd rather see the anti-war scum be carted off, and then have the government do something to eliminate the threat that we face.
oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 06:54 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
WATCH THE LINK ABOVE!

Sorry, no way I'm going to try to squeeze video through my dialup.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Typical response...

Now that's a typical response.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:11 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Unless of course we're all agreeing to let them massacre us.

Sorry unlike the former USSR they are no real military threat to the West so whatever they may or may not desire to do is not a real concern.

At the worst they might be a terrorist threat to the West but as far a genocide and so on is concern you can not be serious.
mark noble

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:22 pm
@oralloy,
Then you'll never know.
Thanks for paying attention though. Unlike the others here who only seem to blurt out utter shite for the sake of self-elevating attention.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:28 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Sorry unlike the former USSR they are no real military threat to the West so whatever they may or may not desire to do is not a real concern.
At the worst they might be a terrorist threat to the West but as far a genocide and so on is concern you can not be serious.

Might be a terrorist threat? Do I need to post a reminder of 9/11?

And regarding their plans for genocide, they are going to keep going until someone stops them.

If no one ever takes the trouble to actually stop them, they will carry out their genocide unopposed.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:34 pm
Saw a report that Maliki is acting normally, unwilling to to partner with the Sunni's or the Kurds, but still demanding that we owe it to "iraq" to help him out of this jam. Obama has already said that Maliki becoming more inclusive is the purchase price for American military help.

We shall see if Obama holds to that.
mark noble

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:36 pm
Only when you guys are sat in FEMA camps (If Suitable) contemplating how your (fiat) currency sudddenly, and without foresight (Lol) hyperinflated and acknowledged its true value (0), will you truly understand the depth of your (Culturally-Induced) Ignorance.
I see many 'educated' folk here, but less than a handful of ....... What's the bloody point ?
Have a nice day ppl.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
If no one ever takes the trouble to actually stop them, they will carry out their genocide unopposed.

Let me get this straight a group of a few thousands with no real military power is going to threaten the US with genocide a nation that spend more on it military then all the rest of the world all together and that have had demonstrations that we are getting our money worth over the last decade or so many times?

By what magic is ISIS a military or genocide threat to the US?
oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Obama has already said that Maliki becoming more inclusive is the purchase price for American military help.

We shall see if Obama holds to that.

I hope he does hold to it. But even if Maliki agrees to become more inclusive, how would we prevent him from reneging?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:53 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
By what magic is ISIS a military or genocide threat to the US?

In the same way that the Taliban was a threat to the USA when they ran Afghanistan.