More American War in Iraq?

BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 06:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It would not be an irrational strategy to attempt to influence, postpone, or possibly even prevent that conflict by inflicting massive casualties on nations they are likely to eventually come up against. The same strategy may have already been attempted by al-Qaeda (and failed as far as that specific group goes), but the nations of the West now have populations that are on the cusp of saying to hell with the rest of the world and pulling back into their shell

As all who have done so IE hit the US had found throughout our history that we reacted by employing overwhelming force to destroy them at whatever the cost might be.

Hell when we was a brand new nation under President Jefferson we send naval forces and even special forces into that very area of the world to meet a threat to our sailors and shipping.

In any case, the very very last thing I would do if I was in charge of ISIS is to encourage the US to come down on them like a hammer of god.
JTT

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 07:11 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
To encourage the US to come down on them like a hammer of god.

You've chosen the wrong figure. The USA has always done the work of the devil, Bill.

Dog wouldn't support such an evil group of people who not only perpetrate the most evil of acts, they lie thru their teeth feigning that they are kind and benevolent.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 11:08 pm
@BillRM,
Americans aren't the only ones doomed to repeat the lessons of history.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 02:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Americans aren't the only ones doomed to repeat the lessons of history

Well if ISIS is that dumb to attacks us I think that the world would be far better off with them wiped off the earth in the same manner that the Empire of Japan and it Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere was wiped off the earth.

In fact while it is too must to expect other nations to be grateful I am fairly sure that our removing the boots of Japan off the Asian nations and their people necks was a happy event for them at the time.
oralloy

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 03:20 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I believe he intends to publish new maps on the 1st and 15th of each month. We should only be a few days away from an update.

Control of Iraq and Syria as of July 1:
http://pietervanostaeyen.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/2000px-iraq1.png
http://pietervanostaeyen.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/2000px-syria.png
oralloy

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 03:37 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Well if ISIS is that dumb to attacks us I think that the world would be far better off with them wiped off the earth

Note that they have renamed themselves to "IS" (Islamic State).

They have announced that since they are going to conquer the entire planet, it was inappropriate for them to have a name that was limited to only Iraq and the Levant.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 09:32 pm
@BillRM,
Who is to say they would be wrong. You are assuming that any attacks by ISIS against the American homeland would necessarily be met with an attack that would wipe them off the face of the earth.

I tend to agree with you that there would be a military response to such an attack, but a terrorist in the Middle East might, by watching CNN, come to the conclusion that we have a president who either can't or doesn't want to pull a trigger that might lead to another ground war, and that as a people, we've come to the realization that such attacks are never going to stop until we pull out of that part of the world completely.

Again, I think this would be a mistake on his part, but do you believe that even if we were attacked on US soil again that there wouldn't be a lot of voices arguing against military retaliation?
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 05:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Again, I think this would be a mistake on his part, but do you believe that even if we were attacked on US soil again that there wouldn't be a lot of voices arguing against military retaliation?

If history is any judge not one voice will be raised against finding and killing such SOBs.

We had have many periods where the nation did not wish to get into foreign wars/ conflicts by an overwhelming majority and yet that was all thrown out once we came under any attacked or even a threat of an attacked such as the Zimmermann telegram.

Hell it did not even matter when the President at the time had stated that we was too proud to fight.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 09:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
that as a people, we've come to the realization that such attacks are never going to stop until we pull out of that part of the world.

That didn't take you dolts long, did it, Finn?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
such attacks are never going to stop until we pull out of that part of the world completely.

Why do you think that if we did pull out of that area of the world the attacks would stop instead of only allowing secure bases to plan and launch further and far more deadly attacks on the West?

Not that we could pull out of that part of the world as the world is far too tiny to be able to turn our back on any of it with special note of the resources full Middle East that is full of irrational religion hates.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:58 pm
@BillRM,
What do you mean by,
Code:Not that we could pull out of that part of the world as the world is far too tiny to be able to turn our back on any of it with special note of the resources full Middle East that is [b]full of irrational religion hates[/b].

Compared to whom? Which Middle East countries fits your description?
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your question is not clear do you wish me to name/list the nations in that area that are now under irrational religion leadership?

If that what you desire I can give you such a list.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:50 pm
@BillRM,
Who are you to determine
Quote:
irrational religion leadership
?

How about the irrational leadership of the US guilty of starting illegal wars that have killed tens of thousands of innocent men, women, and children?

Do you have a monopoly on human ethics? Since when?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 05:41 pm
If I could be bothered to write to Obama it'd go something like this-

"Okay mate, it seemed a good idea at the time to send US troops into Iraq/Afgh to help their governments establish law and order so you could cut oil deals with them, but it ain't never gonna happen because terror groups will simply keep the places in chaos and blow up the wells and pipelines.
You gave it your best shot, so bring the troops home NOW and leave Iraq/Afgh to stew in their own juice, their problems are not ours"
..Smile

PS- I say the same to all western leaders, GET OUT!
JTT

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 05:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You are a bundle of contradictions, Romeo, seeming moral and the completely amoral.

To comment on these issues you have to get up to speed on the facts. On those you fall squarely into the abysmally ignorant category.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 05:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
US guilty of starting illegal wars

I must had missed it when a court any court had declared that the US had enter into illegal wars.

Please post the texts of the decisions concerning the US illegal wars or are you acting as a court of one person?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:00 pm
Quote:
JTT said: You are a bundle of contradictions, Romeo, seeming moral and the completely amoral.
To comment on these issues you have to get up to speed on the facts. On those you fall squarely into the abysmally ignorant category.

I said the US and the West should GET OUT of the mideast because we're wasting our time there, but you seem to disagree?
I hope you're not a warmonger mate..Wink
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:02 pm
@BillRM,
More abysmal ignorance from Bill.

Nicaragua versus the USA
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:14 pm
@BillRM,
Start here, http://www.amazon.com/America-Gets-Away-With-Murder/dp/0745321518

If you do a simple web search with the words "US illegal wars" you'll get thousands of hits.

From the Guardian.
Quote:
News
World news
Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan

Ewen MacAskill and Julian Borger in Washington
The Guardian, Wednesday 15 September 2004 21.28 EDT
The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.
Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish."

He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 08:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

I said a court repeat a court not the opinion of a UN bureaucrat.