More American War in Iraq?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:00 pm
@BillRM,
It's been only 13 years since the attacks of 9/11 but we're on the verge of allowing the same conditions that enabled terrorists to attack us to arise again in two countries, not one, and one of those countries is Afghanistan, the place from which 9/11 was planned and launched.

But it can't happen again, if the Taliban take Afghanistan back they'll stay focused on killing Afghans, they're not our enemy. We just need to leave them to their stoning, flogging and beheading of monuments as well as apostates and they won't bother us. Just like last time.

And ISIS? They're nothing more than a ragtag band of murderous brigands. The Sunnis and Shias have been killing each other for centuries and ISIS will be too preoccupied with holding whatever territory they've gained to pay us any mind. They're not our enemy, and besides, the Iranians will take care of them.

Oh, and the Iranians. They just want to rule their country in accordance with what their religion teaches them. The moderates are gaining power, and you know there is no proof that their nuclear development is for anything other than energy. And what if it is to be used to build bombs? They have as much right to nukes as the US and Israel! Nuclear proliferation is one of the greatest threats mankind faces according to Jimmy Carter and Barrack Obama, that is unless trying to prevent it requires the US and Europe to actually do something about it. The talks with Iran are going great. You'll see, by the end of July there will be an agreement that will solve the whole problem. After all, Kerry of Vietnam has reported for duty and is on the job!

Syria? Why worry about Syria. Yeah it's tough that thousands of kids are getting gassed and bombed, but what can we do about it, and why should we? If we help the rebels we're really helping al-Qaeda (even though al-Qaeda everywhere else is on the run; their leaders decimated). ISIS is only al-Qaeda's JV squad, Obama told us so, and the same thing is going to happen to them in Syria as it will in Iraq.

And don't get me started on Russia or China. People like you and the Republicans want us to invade Russia and start a nuclear war. I thought you guys liked Putin better than Obama? And we have to put up with China. We owe them all that money and besides they're going to be the world's #1 superpower not matter what we do. Don't you read Tom Friedman? They're not our enemies any more than Russia is.

We need to stay out of other nations troubles, we have no right to get involved, there is nothing at stake for us, and we'll just screw it up anyway.

I hope you now understand why you're so wrong, but if you don't, just ask Rabel, CI, Advocate or bobsal, they'll be sure to explain it to you.

BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sorry we can not made a danger to ourselves and the EU go away by tightly closing our eyes.

To sum up whether we like it or not we are involved in that area of the world along with the EU nations and it is not in our best interests to try to turn our back on this area as we did in Afghanistan between the time the Russians was kicked out and 911 happen.

Quote:
footnote Nor is it morally right or even wise to allow large scale religion base genocide to go on anywhere in the world for that matter.

In fact the US government along with most of the rest of the world have an agreement concerning dealing with genocide
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:10 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
10000 fighters continue to kick Maliki's Army in the ass.

A week or so ago I heard an analysis on TV which said that when we were in Iraq we created a corps of competent officers to lead the Iraqi army. And then after we pulled out of Iraq, Maliki booted all those competent officers out of the military and replaced them with cronies who had little competence but were blindly loyal to him personally.

The analysis concluded that it would be difficult for us to undo that damage and rebuild their military leadership again.

I've been thinking that the reason the Iraqi army has seemed more interested in deserting than in fighting is directly related to this gutting of their officer corps.

I'm beginning to think that our pursuit of a unified Iraq with inclusive leadership is a bad idea.

It would be great if we could achieve it. But quite simply, we can't achieve it. And we are starting to let the perfect become the enemy of the good.

The Iraqi Sunnis have been saying that they are not all that enthusiastic about being ruled by ISIL. I suggest that the US make contact with the moderate Iraqi Sunnis and make an agreement with them, where we will support the breakup of Iraq and their independence, and they will drive ISIL out of their lands (with the help of our aid if necessary).

Maybe not as nice a solution as what we wanted to achieve, but it is at least possible, and is preferable to what is likely to come about if we keep blindly pushing for an outcome that we know is never going to happen.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Syria could be a new ally ... they are bombing ISIS ...
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 05:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Syria could be a new ally ... they are bombing ISIS ...

Never!

EDIT: I'm presuming you mean "Syria under Assad".

"Syria after Assad and his whore of a wife have been put to death by the Syrian people" is a different story. We'd be happy to have the Syrian people as an ally.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 05:20 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

EDIT: I'm presuming you mean "Syria under Assad".
I mean Syria, since they are doing the bombing (the Syrian airforce)

And Iran is active as well.
revelette2

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 06:37 am
People say we are suppose to learn from history, yet it seems no one really does. One of the main stated reasons of why we were attacked was because we keep interfering in that part of the world. I am not saying we should never have any involvement, but, we have got to quit thinking the US knows the best way all the time.

We don't have to occupy countries to protect ourselves from terrorist nor do we just ignore things hoping it will go away. I don't claim to know all the answers but we live in a modern world full of technological advances. If we do not keep ticking off our allies, we can keep working with together to fight terrorist, plus finding ways to solve problems so that more terrorist are not created.
JTT

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 08:16 am
@revelette2,
Since the usa's involvement is one of "national security" , which really means using it military and economic power to steal the wealth of others, the USA never knows best. That's like saying the Mafia knows best.
revelette2

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 08:18 am
@JTT,
Rolling Eyes
JTT

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 08:42 am
@revelette2,
If you were to examine the historical record you would find out the truth, Rev. But y'all are simply not willing to do so.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 10:02 am
@revelette2,
Most of the wars the US got involved in after WWII were based on lies, and we got our military men and women killed, our treasures spent on war machines instead of improving our infrastructure and education for our children where we are falling behind in math and science. It also doesn't excuse the tens of thousands of innocent people we have killed with our war machines, and the many soldiers who have returned with medical needs that were ignored. Many committed suicide.

We want another war? Geezuz H Criste!
JTT

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 10:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
excuse the tens of thousands of innocent people we

Millions, CI, millions! And it's not just post WWII, it's since the start of the USA. All just to steal the bread from the poor of the earth.

Sad, sad sad, especially as it has all been hidden with lies about what a benevolent nation the USA is, what a beacon of hope, what a firm believe it is in advancing freedom and democracy. All a huge sham!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Most of the wars the US got involved in after WWII

"MOST"

First of all there had been no "wars" since WW2 but there had been large and small scale military conflicts.

Now I would assume you are not unhappy that the North Koreans was stopped from adding South Korea into their crazy slave society or that the American people was lied to.

You could indeed made a good case that the Vietnam war was sold to us with lies along with the second Gulf war but not the first Gulf war.

All in all I see needed military actions that was not sold to the American people with anything other then the truth. along with others where the government was not straight forward with either the American people or Congress but using the word MOST is complete nonsense and does not impact whether we should now stop a terrorist group from gaining control of a large part of Iraq or not.

JTT

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:25 am
@BillRM,
Y'all are the terrorist group, Bill. The ones the USA calls terrorists are freedom fighters trying to expel invading USA hordes from their countries.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:30 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
. Now I would assume you are not unhappy that the North Koreans was stopped from adding South Korea into their crazy slave society or that the American people was lied to.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-korean-war-the-unknown-war-the-coverup-of-us-war-crimes/23742

The Korean War: The “Unknown War”. The Coverup of US War Crimes

By Sherwood Ross
Global Research, March 16, 2011
16 March 2011
Region: Asia
Theme: Crimes against Humanity

The Korean War, a.k.a. the “Unknown War,” was, in fact, headline news at the time it was being fought(1950-53). Given the Cold War hatreds of the combatants, though, a great deal of the reportage was propaganda, and much of what should have been told was never told. News of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians was routinely suppressed and the full story of the horrific suffering of the Korean people—who lost 3-million souls of a total population of 23-million— has yet to be told in full. Filling in many of the blank spaces is Bruce Cumings, chair of the Department of History at the University of Chicago, whose book “The Korean War”(Modern Library Chronicles) takes an objective look at the conflict. In one review, Publishers Weekly says, “In this devastating work he shows how little the U.S. knew about who it was fighting, why it was fighting, and even how it was fighting.

Though the North Koreans had a reputation for viciousness, according to Cumings, U.S. soldiers actually engaged in more civilian massacres. This included dropping over half a million tons of bombs and thousands of tons of napalm, more than was loosed on the entire Pacific theater in World War II, almost indiscriminately. The review goes on to say, “Cumings deftly reveals how Korea was a clear precursor to Vietnam: a divided country, fighting a long anti-colonial war with a committed and underestimated enemy; enter the U.S., efforts go poorly, disillusionment spreads among soldiers, and lies are told at top levels in an attempt to ignore or obfuscate a relentless stream of bad news. For those who like their truth unvarnished, Cumings’s history will be a fresh, welcome take on events that seemed to have long been settled.”

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:34 am
Quote:
Article quote- “The Korean War...how little the U.S. knew about who it was fighting, why it was fighting, and even how it was fighting.

Huh?
It's pretty obvious ain't it, the godless commie North Koreans and Chinese invaded Sth Korea, so America and other nations went and kicked them out..Smile

The Allies go into "Bowling Alley Valley" in 1950 to kick them out-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub1/a4cca1e3.jpg

Mission accomplished! There's peace in the valley after the war ends-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Photos/BowlingAlley1960.jpg
JTT

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
That's the way overly simplistic Audie Murphy notion that many people are saddled with, Romeo, but it is far far far from the truth.

Three million out of 23 million Koreans slaughtered by the USA/etc and you dare to call them godless.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:49 am
@JTT,
I'm sure the Allies only busted the asses of hostile north koreans and chinese, why on earth would they want to waste bullets and bombs on friendly south koreans?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:50 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I guess China and North Korea didn't kill anyone. They must have been using spit balls and straws.
JTT

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
For the very same reason the USA tortured and bombed, napalmed and agent oranged the poor villagers of Vietnam and Laos and Cambodia and Nicaragua and El Salvador and Colombia and Guatemala and ... .
0 Replies