The Be-heading was staged?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 01:38 pm
I smell another Kennedy assassination type deal here......we'll never know what happened....but we'll know this kid died somehow for nothing but serving someone elses needs....assuming the parents get to postitively identify him......
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:03 pm
I think one of the things that angered me the most, was Al-Jazera decided to broadcast THIS particular execution after refusing to broadcast the execution of the Italian soldier that was killed several weeks ago. They claimed that it was because it was too 'graphic' and yet they showed a man getting his head cut off this time.

The only difference was... hmm... lets see... oh yes, the Italian soldier showed monumental bravery in the face of those murderers, even going so far as to tell them 'I'll show you how an Italian soldier dies' before they killed him and Berg died screaming ... yes, Al-J has integrity and objectivity. Rolling Eyes

The problem with the media (including the Western outlets) is their inability to distinguish between the relative LEVELS of wrongdoing. In their minds for some reason, humiliating a few detainees has become a much more morally outrageous action that cutting a poor innocent mans throat and sawing his head off and displaying it to a camera. Where is the outrage over this young mans death ?? The only outrage from the press seems to be for the military for 'bringing this action upon ourselves' as if the action of the murderers is somehow justified when compared with the actions at Abu prison.

Can someone explain this in some sort of sane manner ?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:21 pm
I am still waiting to find out how an American Citizen books a flight to Baghdad on their own?

What airline flew him there?

His family says he was there on his own to drum up business for his business. A similar story to that American guy arrested in Russia last year. He claimed he was just there to check on telephone installations and service for his wown business.

One thiing is clear to me Fedral is we, the public, over the entire world are never ever going to know what really happened and how.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:32 pm
There are no scheduled American or foreign commercial airline flights to anyplace in Baghdad.

Nick Berg had some sort of clearance to get in and the Bush administration isn't coming clean with his family or the American people.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:06 pm
"humiliating a few detainees"
This is one of the many reasons I intensely dislike Right Wing Fascist Zealots. They are amoral and they are liars.

I suspect that Berg was not alive when he was be-headed. I also suspect that it was not al Q. in that Vid and most likely a merc. group setting up a bogus be-heading. Killing Berg is something that I do not condone or cheer. Not at all! I suspect that his death was used as a counter to the repugnant and illegal treatment of "detainees" in the US Prison Gulags.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:31 pm
Right Wing, Left Wing whatever, all I see is brutality being used to excuse more brutality.

Was the beheading real? Was it a fake? I'd love to get my grubby paws on the original video. I bet the rest of you would like to do the same.

Either way Berg is dead. Making someone pay, I don't believe in vengeance, only causes more blood shed and death. I much prefer finding the ultimate cause and correcting that.

Sam
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:39 pm
The detainees in the pictures of of Abu Ghraim were US military personel pretending to be humiliated so they could show the pictures to future prisoners and tell them that is what will happen if you do not cooperate. Why do you think they were wearing masks?

All this "outrtage" over a bunch of hollywood special effects. Everyone knows that it was staged for the benefit of getting information from prisoners.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:40 pm
!
You may be able to linkup to the Vid here.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=1592067&mesg_id=1592067
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:52 pm
pistoff,

Didn't see the vid, read the report... Mmmm A severed artery spurts like a fire hose with a sense of rhythm. Hacking the head off of a corps is just disgusting.
Enough of the, you did this to me so I'll do something worse to you. I would say this is being done by a bunch of savages but, savages are nicer and have rules.

Sam
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:08 pm
!
Levels of disgust. Sawing the head of a dead person or a live one? Seems to me that the live is more disgusting and dramatic.

I hope that no more of this is done! It is an awful thing to do and stupid, as well.

My point with this post is that the people in this Video may not be who the Media and the Govt. are telling us they are.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:13 pm
Pistoff,

You may be right. Smoke and mirrors, eye wash, call it what you will, it still stinks to high heaven.

Sam
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:13 pm
McGentrix
McGentrix, you've obviously gone over the edge. Take your meds!

BBB Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:15 pm
BBB

Check the latest posts on Bush bashing.

Sam
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:16 pm
McGentrix wrote:
The detainees in the pictures of of Abu Ghraim were US military personel pretending to be humiliated so they could show the pictures to future prisoners and tell them that is what will happen if you do not cooperate. Why do you think they were wearing masks?

All this "outrtage" over a bunch of hollywood special effects. Everyone knows that it was staged for the benefit of getting information from prisoners.

Fedral, you made a great point. I think there's more than just a kernel of truth in what you said.

McGentrix, are you serious with what you said, or are you joking? If you were serious, I think you might have gone off the deep end. I've read some of your other posts, and I get the point that your a Bush backer, 100%, but what you have to say will be taken with more than just a grain of salt if you stay on "planet reality", if you know what I mean Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:29 pm
Oh please. My statement has as much to do without reality as Pistoff's bizarre theories. The difference is I am from the right...

It's odd that none of you question him. Is it because you think it might be true? Shocked Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:39 pm
Don't get paranoid. I'm just saying, a silly comment is a silly comment.

I guess you were serious Shocked

And if it makes you feel better, yes- I consider Pistoff's theory is rather silly as well.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:49 pm
No, I wsan't serious. I was pointing out the absurdity of theorizing about these types of events.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:54 pm
?
A list of flaws

The sound does not match the image. There are obvious edits.The attackers change between the edits.

The body language of the attackers is not consistant with middle eastern Arabs, it is more in common with western body language.

There is a distinct absense of blood(according to a doctor).

The lead attacker is wearing a gold ring. This is forbidden in Islamic belief.

The accent of the supposed Jordanian reader is not Jordanian (according to a CNN translator).

The execution (of an obviously) dead body takes place in a room with the same color walls as the prison with the exact same type of (white) chairs that are used in the (American occupied) prison.

An orange jump suit that detainees wear.

Could it be that he was executed in the prison?
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:59 pm
If it looks like a duck and so on.... we must at least consider that it is indeed a duck.

Sam
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:02 pm
You mean if it smells like a turd, right?
0 Replies