The Be-heading was staged?

dlowan

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 12:13 am
I thought it "looked" staged - but, given the discovery of a body, must have been real.

Probably, I just hoped it was staged.

All horrid stuff looks staged now, cos of damned movie special effects.

The sound was very weird, though.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 01:15 am
The body
I have seen various news reports and none so far have questioned this event. From various accounts Berg was dead when his head was cut off. Who reported the dicovery of the body? How do we know that was Berg's body? I do not take the word of the Govt. for anything anymore. They are proven liars. The family has numerous emails but hasn't released them.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 03:55 am
fealola -- according to news reports, Berg was detained because of some irregularity in his passport (no visa stamp??). The US government maintains that he was detained by the Iraqi police, not by American authorities, that after he was released by the Iraqis, he was advised to leave Iraq by the Americans but disdained to do so. This is in contrast with what Berg's family says. They claimed it was Americans who detained him. Go figure.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 03:56 am
Good distraction for Bush and another reason to inflame the public and be brave by promising to seek and find the perps so the US can take revenge.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:39 am
An incredibly helpful atrocity, even better, captured on video at just the time when the Administration desperately needed other news to divert the publicity away from Bush's torture chambers and generate more public support for the pro-war agenda.

Those who smell rats in high places are well-justified in not accepting at face value the evidence of the world's finest experts in prevarication. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:44 am
John what is the buzz around town, D.C., I mean?

I just heard Rumsfield beat feet out of town and is in Baghdad today.

Are there any good Rummy jokes making the rounds?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:52 am
A few things that an objective look at the video will show......

Why is there practically no blood? Blood should be spurting everywhere ala a fire hose.

Why is this large well built almost body builder of a man not violently struggling?

Why does the quality of the video get worse and worse?

Why does this man NOT look like the pictures his parents supplied?

Why do his screams sound dubbed in?

It has been suggested that there is an 11 hour gap between the speech and the beheading on the tape, and that perhaps he was already dead. The video evidence, IMO supports that.

Have you ever gashed yourself really badly? I have, and the blood flew everywhere....hard and fast......the beheading, not the clean beheading but the messy sawing off of an alive and struggling man through the JUGULAR.....it should have looked like someone turned on a blood fire hose...walls, people, floor everything.....covered. None of that.

The more you examine this whole situation the more something stinks.

Maybe he was already dead when they beheaded him. That would be a mercy I suppose, of some sort.

Something isn't right about the whole thing that's my opinion, and the main thing that isn't right is what his family is going through.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:56 am
Right BPB his family seems desperate to get his story out but even their story seems odd.

How does anyone with a US passport simply hop a plane to Iraq. Which airlines are making regular flights?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:13 am
I offer this link with no opinion.....just something to look at....and I don't mean more grisly video...

http://www.breakfornews.com/NickBergEnemiesList.htm
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:30 am
hi JoanneDorel- Honey, I think you hit the nail on the head! How convenient for the neocons on the right now. They have their "symbol" to hold up and justify the brutal treatment of the Abu Ghraib prisoners.

They can all say "there, see how these horrible Iraqis are?"

But, back to the practical issue here, as Iraq is closed to everyone, the question remains, how did he as a civilian gain access? He had to have had clearance from someone in the Bush administration. Even the FBI didn't know he was in Iraq -- a country at war.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:05 am
Are you f@cking kidding me with this crap?

Deecups36 wrote:
How convenient for the neocons on the right now.

Merry andrew wrote:
For another, the timing is way too convenient.

Infowarrior wrote:
Anyway, I'm sure it's all a coincidence, or Clinton's fault, or the usual "blah, blah, blah" from the right. But, the pieces of the puzzle don't add up.

JoanneDorel wrote:
Good distraction for Bush and another reason to inflame the public and be brave by promising to seek and find the perps so the US can take revenge.

John Webb wrote:
An incredibly helpful atrocity, even better, captured on video at just the time when the Administration desperately needed other news to divert the publicity away from Bush's torture chambers and generate more public support for the pro-war agenda.

I honestly can't believe some of the crap you guys come up with. You really need to re-examine your priorities and hatreds.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:16 am
McGentrix wrote:
Are you f@cking kidding me with this crap?

Deecups36 wrote:
How convenient for the neocons on the right now.

Merry andrew wrote:
For another, the timing is way too convenient.

Infowarrior wrote:
Anyway, I'm sure it's all a coincidence, or Clinton's fault, or the usual "blah, blah, blah" from the right. But, the pieces of the puzzle don't add up.

JoanneDorel wrote:

John Webb wrote:

I honestly can't believe some of the crap you guys come up with. You really need to re-examine your priorities and hatreds.

Who died and made you The Church Lady?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:19 am
The same person that left you in charge of the John Birch Society.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:22 am
What is a conspiracy theory?
Quote:
A conspiracy theory is a falsified version of history or current events that redirects an audiences anger toward another group. The theory seeks to lay blame for a legitimate issue on a perceived common enemy. As with any issue that a society deals with, there are legitimate concerns that need to be addressed. Conspiracy theories, however, do not attempt to address any legitimate concerns with realistic solutions. Their sole purpose is to lay blame on another group for the common problem. By only laying blame for the problem, the issue becomes, in effect, a renewable source of fuel for the audience. If, for example, the problem of crime is not effectively dealt with, a conspiracy theorist will lay blame on the "liberal establishment" or, on the other end of the political spectrum, the gun lobby. Neither liberals nor guns really have anything to do with crime rates. 30 minutes at a local jail will cure you quick of that foolishness. These are convenient scapegoats for conspiracy theorists to lay blame. And without any solutions, the presenting problem is never dealt with. Hence, the blame becomes the renewable fuel.

But blame shifting and scapegoating are part of the democratic process, messy as it is. The issue that makes a conspiracy theory distinguishable is the falsification of fact that leads the audience toward a conclusion that there is a conspiracy out there that is deliberately attacking the group's belief system, wherever that system is located on the political spectrum.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:28 am
McGentrix wrote:

Even for you Mr. Limpit, that was a really lame response. If you insist on dueling, at least come to the fight armed....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:34 am
No need to fight. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Frankly, I felt it was 'suspicious' from the getgo. And how timely. Coincidence? Not hardly.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:45 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Even for you Mr. Limpit, that was a really lame response. If you insist on dueling, at least come to the fight armed....

I am just trying to keep it fair for you.
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:50 am
Bi-Polar,

Please do not engage the troublemakers, as the structure here will result in a perfectly good thread being locked to all instead of the person causing the trouble being locked out.

I have seen this sort of favouritism time and time again on able2know.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:55 am
PERFECTLY GOOD?!?
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:00 am
Coincidence or conspiracy, the administration were the only beneficiary of such an apparent atrocity being shown across America. The losers being the victim and Al-Kaeda.
0 Replies