Bergdahl Prisoner Swap:Obama Obeys ONLY the Laws He Wants To.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 01:45 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Your attitude is very relevant for morale. When you claim to be the one in charge and you claim you don't give a damn about individual soldiers they would see no reason to give a damn about your security.

Sending 5 taliban back, encouraging the future taking of US soldiers as hostages, pretending that a deserter is a good soldier that we are happy to have back, sending good men out risking their lives to search for a bad soldier who betrayed his country and walked under his own power to the enemy side of the lines , the SEC DEF standing up in front of the media and lying about what is known about this bad soldier, the White House calling those in his unit coming forward with the truth about this bad soldier "swift boaters", the White House ignoring the pleas of the majority of commanders to not do this deal...... are all BAD FOR MORALE.

further, not bring this bad soldier up on charges would be bad for morale.
parados

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 01:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

The Administration has now decided to change their story and claim that the reason they couldn't tell congress about the planned exchange was that the Taliban had threatened to kill Bergdahl if it was made public.

Changed their story? Hell, that was known days ago. When do you think they changed their story?

Quote:

I have watched this video at least a dozen times and found no reason to believe that Bergdahl was in serious, let alone life threatening, physical condition.
Nothing threatening his life was visible other than the Taliban that were threatening to kill him you mean. Or are you simply ignoring the very threat that was discussed early on after his release. There was a threat to Berghdahl's life. You assume the threat must be a health threat. Go read the early stories. I could tell early on that the threat was from the Taliban.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 01:49 pm
Walter Said and deleted

Quote:
I do think that would be more than surprising if an US-soldier is treated in a (civil) German hospital.

I figure you realize that while it used to be the US soldiers could not be treated in German hospitals except in emergency that rule was changed in the late 90's. The main reason was that drawdown of forces left not enough medical assets in the right places to treat soldiers, and the travel to one of the remaining hospitals sometimes became a hardship.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 01:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

Sending 5 taliban back, encouraging the future taking of US soldiers as hostages

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/25/politics/us-afghanistan-troops/

I guess if you ignore that the US will be removing most if not all our troops from Afghanistan by Jan 2015, then you could make that argument.
The 5 released won't be close to Afghanistan until June 2015.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 01:54 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Asked whether the Taliban would be inspired by the exchange to kidnap others, a commander laughed. “Definitely."

http://time.com/2826534/bowe-bergdahl-taliban-captors/

Quote:
I guess if you ignore that the US will be removing most if not all our troops from Afghanistan by Jan 2015, then you could make that argument.
The 5 released won't be close to Afghanistan until June 2015.
Who knows when these Taliban will be back in the fight, but in any future conflict our enemies will remember that we have paid ransom before for captured US forces, and they will wonder if we will do it again,
parados

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 01:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Asked whether the Taliban would be inspired by the exchange to kidnap others, a commander laughed. “Definitely."

http://time.com/2826534/bowe-bergdahl-taliban-captors/

ROFLMAO....
Asked if he would make other stupid comments, hawkeye laughed, "Definitely."

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 01:55 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I guess if you ignore that the US will be removing most if not all our troops from Afghanistan

I guess you are ignoring the fact how many more Afghans will die at the hands of the 5 released. You don't appear to value life, but either does Obama, so that's cool.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:01 pm
@parados,
Well we know he wasn't taken on the battlefield, and we know he wasn't spirited away in the night from his base, and we know that at the very least he "walked away" into the darkness one evening and then was captured.

So unless he went seeking the Taliban, which I have never suggested, he must have walked into a position where they could capture him.

But as you don't have any wit yourself you can't appreciate when someone is being sarcastic. Whether or not you appreciate the sarcasm it certainly wasn't presented as a statement like rescuing Bergdahl was a matter of National Security. I notice though that while focusing on the parenthetical you completely avoided responding to the point made.

The Taliban are the major part of an insurgency against a democratically elected government. They engage in terrorist tactics every day. Just today they attempt to kill the leading candidate for President, Abdullah Abdullah by blowing up his car.

If you don't subscribe to the Bush Doctrine that nations that give safe haven and material support to terrorists will be considered by the US to be terrorists, then here's this: Our government has designated the Taliban as a terrorist organization. So yes, on all counts they are terrorists.

Quote:
Since my statement that there is some national security interest in having our soldiers returned has no value then your statement that any such claim is outlandish is of no value either since it would imply there is no national interest in the return of our soldiers at the end of a conflict.

You are like a child with your arguments parados. I'm a little surprised you didn't just write "I know you are but what am I?"

I don't think I'll try to explain why your Honeymooner's argument of "If you said that I said that you said..." is childish. You won't get it, but I'm glad you acknowledge that your statement has no value.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:01 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I guess if you ignore that the US will be removing most if not all our troops from Afghanistan

I guess you are ignoring the fact how many more Afghans will die at the hands of the 5 released.
You don't appear to value life, but neither does Obama, so that's cool.
Yes. That is the salient point.
The Taliban has now announced its plans
to kidnap many American soldiers. That was predictable.

( I voted for Romney! )

David
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:02 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

I guess you are ignoring the fact how many more Afghans will die at the hands of the 5 released. You don't appear to value life, but either does Obama, so that's cool.
Many already have, one of the five was the commander of the forces fighting the Northern Alliance

Quote:
According to a 55-page report by the United Nations, the Taliban, while trying to consolidate control over northern and western Afghanistan, committed systematic massacres against civilians.[37][38] UN officials stated that there had been "15 massacres" between 1996 and 2001.[37][38] They also said, that "[t]hese have been highly systematic and they all lead back to the [Taliban] Ministry of Defense or to Mullah Omar himself".[37][38] Al Qaeda's so-called 055 Brigade was also responsible for mass-killings of Afghan civilians.[20] The report by the United Nations quotes eyewitnesses in many villages describing Arab fighters "carrying long knives used for slitting throats and skinning people".[37][38]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Alliance

He I assume is one of two of the five released who is wanted by the Hague for War Crimes.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I voted for Romney!

Me too, and only once.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:09 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:

The Administration has now decided to change their story and claim that the reason they couldn't tell congress about the planned exchange was that the Taliban had threatened to kill Bergdahl if it was made public.

Changed their story? Hell, that was known days ago. When do you think they changed their story?

Yesterday. Try and keep up with what is happening.

Quote:

I have watched this video at least a dozen times and found no reason to believe that Bergdahl was in serious, let alone life threatening, physical condition.
Nothing threatening his life was visible other than the Taliban that were threatening to kill him you mean. Or are you simply ignoring the very threat that was discussed early on after his release. There was a threat to Berghdahl's life. You assume the threat must be a health threat. Go read the early stories. I could tell early on that the threat was from the Taliban.

How many times did Obama or a member of his Administration have to say the words "health" and "threat" in the same sentence for you to understand that they were arguing that they had to act without notifying congress because of his seriously poor health condition?

The explanation that they couldn't notify congress because the Taliban threatened to kill him if the deal went public was offered for the very first time yesterday and is a clear departure from their original explanation.

You need to shorten considerably the lengths you will go to defend and excuse Obama because they making you look like a moron.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:26 pm
We should examine the character of our president. We need to realize he has very little .
Quote:
Obama in 2008: No Signing Statements for Me

As you are probably aware, one of the justifications the White House is using to explain it’s failure to consult Congress before releasing five Taliban murderers for an American army deserter is that Obama didn’t think the law requiring him to talk to Capitol Hill was constitutional.

His misgivings were expressed in a signing statement. The very kind of signing statement the wicked George W. Bush used to issue and that the Knight in Shining Armor, Sir Candidate Barack Obama, PROMISED NOT TO ISSUE.

The weasel clause that legalizes his exclusion of Congress. It still doesn't change the fact he has aided the enemy. And that more Muslims will die at the hands of Muslims.

There is only one side here. That side is humanity. Obama is not on that side.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/06/06/obama-2008-signing-statements/
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:43 pm
@coldjoint,
Did Obama change his mind or did he lie to us to get the job. While I am sympathetic to the argument that with his steep learning curve required because the nation chose to elect a person for the job who was not qualified thus changes in belief are to be expected as he learned the ropes, the number of times that he has completely changed his mind on major questions make any assumptions of honesty on his part hard to swallow. Even in 2008 he was assuring us that he is always the smartest guy in the room, coming back now with " I was 100% wrong back then" rings hollow, especially since he has not wavered on the assertion that he is always the smartest guy in the room.

More likely it is all about him....Obama is for what ever he finds useful to him at the moment, and against anything that that works against what he wants. the reason we are still 6 years into the game trying to figure out what he believes in is that he does not believe in anything other than him.

I do believe that America is slowly coming the the realization that we got conned by a master manipulator.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I do believe that America is slowly coming the the realization that we got conned by a master manipulator.

No doubt about it. And that is why shills like Parados are paid to defend them.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:54 pm
@coldjoint,
Why do you think parados is paid to post here?

If he is paid, someone struck a very poor bargain.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 03:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Why do you think parados is paid to post here?

You haven't noticed that every talking point is covered instantly with some obscure law or reason and sources. It is too readily at his fingertips not to have a direct program plugged into progressive think tanks.

And besides that, he has never denied it. Whether he is earning his money is not important. What is important that the progressive message cannot stand up without devious and subversive actions.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 03:07 pm
Parados's real avatar.
http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/bong-baby.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 03:16 pm

Quote:
How Military Justice Works: The Way The Allegations Against Bergdahl Will Be Handled

Who knows what the Obama administration can do to change this. They shouldn't be able to change one thing.

Quote:
Possible Charges

Given the fact the investigation is ongoing and we don’t know all the facts behind the accused’s departure from his post, it is premature to say what charges should be filed, if any, against the accused.

The range of options, as discussed above, includes everything from taking no action, to, depending on the investigation, charges to include an alleged violation of:

(a) Article 85—Desertion during time of war

5-year minimum; max possible sentence includes death

(b) Article 86—Unauthorized Absence

1 year max

(c) Article 99—Misbehavior Before the Enemy

Max possible sentence includes death

(d) Article 104—Aiding the Enemy

Max possible sentence includes death

(e) Article 105—Misconduct As A Prisoner

Max possible sentence life in prison

http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/06/military-justice-works-way-allegations-bergdahl-will-handled/
parados

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 03:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The explanation that they couldn't notify congress because the Taliban threatened to kill him if the deal went public was offered for the very first time yesterday and is a clear departure from their original explanation.

That's funny since I can find news stories from Wednesday and it wasn't the administration leaking the stories. It was Congress.