Bergdahl Prisoner Swap:Obama Obeys ONLY the Laws He Wants To.

georgeob1

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 09:23 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I think there was a compliment in there, somewhere. A bit faint perhaps.

I try not to be entirely hateful.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 02:54 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Advocate is an inept liar, who simply can't come up with a credible story even when he sorely needs one. However he is a little better at evasion and simply not answering direct questions.
All that suggests he is stupid and deceitful, but nevertheless not entirely without the ability to weasel his way through.

Oh good grief.

Maybe someone else lied and Advocate repeated it believing it to be true.

Maybe it was an honest mistake on someone's part. People can be wrong without an intent to deceive.

Maybe Advocate was correct and someone did actually say it.

I don't watch Fox, so I have no idea what was said. But there are a lot of possibilities here besides a lie.
Advocate

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 08:16 pm
@oralloy,
I didn't lie, and one can find on Google a reference to statements by Fox's Wallace implying that Berg. should be executed.

Georgie is upset that I called him an old blowhard, which he is. He is striking back at me. He loves to make a lot of charges about Obama and the Dems, but never backs them up with facts.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:37 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Advocate is an inept liar, who simply can't come up with a credible story even when he sorely needs one. However he is a little better at evasion and simply not answering direct questions.

All that suggests he is stupid and deceitful, but nevertheless not entirely without the ability to weasel his way through.

Advocates demonstrates my prescience.
Advocate

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:49 pm
@georgeob1,
You really need to curb your pedantry. You come across as a vacuous prig.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 01:34 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
You come across as a vacuous prig.

And do you speak from experience?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 04:53 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I didn't lie, and one can find on Google a reference to statements by Fox's Wallace implying that Berg. should be executed.

Georgie is upset that I called him an old blowhard, which he is. He is striking back at me. He loves to make a lot of charges about Obama and the Dems, but never backs them up with facts.

Here is what your suggested search finds:

Quote:
"From what you know so far, is Bergdahl guilty of leaving his base without permission, being absent from his post?" Wallace asked former U.S. Attorney General Michael Michael Mukasey during an interview on Fox News Sunday. "Is he guilty of being a deserter, is he guilty of being a defector? And after five years of captivity -- some people initially said, well, that's enough -- should he face the appropriate punishment if he is found guilty?"

Mukasey pointed out that Bergdahl had not been found guilty yet, and that a decision about punishment should come after that.

"Desertion is a very serious offense," the former judge noted. "It carries a penalty -- if it's done in wartime -- that includes possibly the death penalty. At the end of World War II, we executed a U.S. soldier, in January of 1945 for desertion. So, it's a very serious offense."

"So, you believe the death penalty should at least be on the table for Bergdahl?" Wallace pressed.

"No, I'm not saying the death penalty should be on the table for Bergdahl," Mukasey replied. "That case at the end of World War II was virtually unique in modern times."

"What I'm saying is, that is some indication of the seriousness of which the military does view and should view desertion."

Reading this exchange I can only conclude that your "...statements by Fox's Wallace implying that Berg. should be executed. is evidence of:

1) Your having no understanding of the what it means "to imply."

2) Your ideologically motivated hatred for Fox caused you to distort what Wallace said to support a narrative that has more holes in it than a sieve.

3) Your opinions are the product of consuming the crap published on the most left-wing and piss-poor blogs on the internet; and you ignore what progressive blogs write when it doesn't suit your prejudice.

4) Your lying.

The majority of articles covering this interview contain almost exactly the same wording ; with only very minor differences:

Quote:
Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday wondered if former prisoner of war Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl deserved to be executed for allegedly leaving his outpost in 2009.

“From what you know so far, is Bergdahl guilty of leaving his base without permission, being absent from his post?” Wallace asked former U.S. Attorney General Michael Michael Mukasey during an interview on Fox News Sunday. “Is he guilty of being a deserter, is he guilty of being a defector? And after five years of captivity — some people initially said, well, that’s enough — should he face the appropriate punishment if he is found guilty?”

Mukasey pointed out that Bergdahl had not been found guilty yet, and that a decision about punishment should come after that.

“Desertion is a very serious offense,” the former judge noted. “It carries a penalty — if it’s done in wartime — that includes possibly the death penalty. At the end of World War II, we executed a U.S. soldier, in January of 1945 for desertion. So, it’s a very serious offense.”

“So, you believe the death penalty should at least be on the table for Bergdahl?” Wallace pressed.

“No, I’m not saying the death penalty should be on the table for Bergdahl,” Mukasey replied. “That case at the end of World War II was virtually unique in modern times.”

“What I’m saying is, that is some indication of the seriousness of which the military does view and should view desertion.”

This included

crooksandliars.com (An acknowledged progressive blog)
rawstory.com (which describes itself as progressive)
salon.com (which wikipedia describes as a progressive website)
democraticunderground.com (Its name says it all)

No doubt you drew your inane conclusion from one of the idiotic polemics I also found in my search:

Daily Kos
Quote:
Wallace needs to go, and go now. And if he doesn't, Fox News' liberals should walk out and leave it as a right-wing hulk.

addingtoninfo

Quote:
Wallace’s rhetorical question serves no purpose other than to stoke the blood lust of Fox’s rabid anti-Obama base, who hate the prisoner swap involving Bergdahl, and who are convinced that Bergdahl is guilty before ever hearing his side of the story.

Politics & Imagination

Quote:
The latest talking head stupid has Chris Wallace asking about when the execution of Bergdahl is going to happen. Well not those actual words – but the meaning of the words are very clear.

Chris Wallace is a highly experienced and well respected journalist. Even people who share your distaste for Fox have praised him:

Quote:
“I think that you are here, in some respects, to bring a credibility and an integrity to an organization that might not otherwise have it without your presence.” -Jon Stewart-

Quote:
As for Wallace, he immediately managed to get the candidates talking to and arguing among themselves — and that friction generated some of the best, unscripted insights into who these candidates are and what they stand for. -David Zurawik, Baltimore Sun (Re: Republican Candidate Debate)-

Quote:
"Wallace did an outstanding job...What a journalist should do, without fear, favor or ideological point of view…a great job.” (It was a) seminal moment because it showed that many of LaPierre’s arguments are not on point. - Mark Halperin-MSNBC-

All that can reasonably concluded from this interview is that Wallace was probably trying to get Mukasey to say he though Bergdahl should be executed if he was found to have been deserted or that it might be an appropriate punishment and should remain on the table. That would have been "news" and would have made the headlines the next day.This is what journalists do. To be honest, I don't like it when they do it unless they have some legitimate reason for believing the person has expressed elsewhere the opinion that they are seeking them to voice, but they all do it, their fellows think it is perfectly legitimate, and viewers of every program generally like it. In this case Mukasey is too experienced and clever to be led into Wallace's trap. He probably also doesn't believe Bergdahl should be executed and there is no reason to believe he does.

Selecting Wallace as the poster-boy for all you despise about Fox was just plain stupid.
Advocate

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 03:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think that old George owes you a bj for spending all that time on your nitpicky analysis. You have too much time on your hands.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 04:24 pm
@Advocate,
That's the best you could come up with after three days of burning wood? Very Happy

I have all the time I need to demonstrate the absurdity of your posts, but, in truth, it doesn't take very long at all.
0 Replies