Just Curious. What Are You?

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 02:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Your regard for conservatives is irrational and really no different from the ravings about commie liberals surrendering our country to the UN.

We all hear American conservatives talking about "real conservatives."

Yeah...like American conservatives talking about what it means to be a "real American."

Gimme a break, Finn.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 02:37 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

There are many competitors for the title of oldest profession, "comedian" being one of them.

That was funny ! Almost makes the rest worthwhile.

I've read about the Mondragon venture and vaguely recall it sprang from some Catholic social philosophy in Spain, and that one element of it, an appliance manufacturer in Spain fell into bankruptcy a couple of years ago. Despite that it is still a large and, I believe, multinational organization.

It is noteworthy that Mondragon arose and apparently still thrives within national economies that embrace (or at least tolerate) free enterprise capitalism. I doubt very much that it operates or would be tolerated in Cuba or any other authoritarian state (they tend to reject independent experiments of any kind).

I believe Mondragon represents a perfectly acceptable model of free enterprise, but I wouldn't want to live in a country that either required such systems or forbade them. The Second Law appears to function within human affairs as well as Thermodynamics - everything runs down eventually and needs some form of recreation .... clubs, corporations and governments. Authoritarian orthodoxies or systems tend to resist such needed recreations, and themselves fail as a result. I believe freedom (as much as can be achieved) is the best "system" and that those who look for perfect detailed designs for the management of human activity (economic or otherwise) are both foolish and sometimes dangerous. History supports that observation as well.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 02:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Gimme a break Frank.

Ridiculous and outrageous things are being said and written by "liberals" all the time and yet you find fault with only one side.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 02:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Gimme a break Frank.

Ridiculous and outrageous things are being said and written by "liberals" all the time and yet you find fault with only one side.

Okay...let me correct that where you can see it. (Although I was called a right-wing, FOX News loving bitch in another thread just recently!)

Anyhow...some of the stuff being written and said by LIBERALS...is both ridiculous and outrageous. Pie-in-the-sky should be reserved for what happens from one slap-stick comedian to another...and not be planks in LIBERAL wishful thinking agendas.

Makes one wonder if there are any decent minds left on the left.

How was that, Finn?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I comment on what I see.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I comment on what I see.

Well...you saw that! Wink

Occupy Wall Street was primarily a liberal undertaking.

Occupy Wall Street, in my opinion, was about as bone-headed as any attempt at civil frustration and action could possibly be.

Early on I said it would be a colossal failure. As time went on, I realized I was being optimistic.

The LIBERALS who have been attacking Barack Obama...particularly the ones who attack him on not going far enough with Obamacare...

...are among the most ignorant people who have ever mounted a political action. They suck.

Bit perhaps that poster who earlier said you were just interested in sitting in judgement of people who post here rather than what you stated in the OP...was correct, Finn.

Were you able to see this?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Get a grip frank. Expanding the size of your font doesn't make your post anymore legitimate.

Are you yelling at your computer screen?

I comment on what I see.

If you want to believe, like the other clown, that I have been passing judgment on anyone that responds, go for it.
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:23 pm
@georgeob1,
The Mondragon Corporation was founded by students from a technical college. I know of no religious affiliation by the corporation. I have no reason to consider them a multi-national. I frankly don't think there has been very much real freedom upon which to base an historical claim.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Get a grip frank. Expanding the size of your font doesn't make your post anymore legitimate.

Are you yelling at your computer screen?

I comment on what I see.

If you want to believe, like the other clown, that I have been passing judgment on anyone that responds, go for it.

You were the one who said you comment on what you see.

Just wanted you to be sure to see it.

I have had as big a beef with the clowns on the left as with the clowns on the right.

But I do despise American conservatism...so it may see lopsided to you.
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm not pissed off. You're sitting in judgment again, telling me i have problems. You told me you wanted to be able to predict my point of view. You sneered at Builder with that remark about aliens, and then basically told him he's not entitled to think as he does. You told Whackeye that he's a lefty--all because he used the term collective. That really cracked me up. He uses collective as a term of contempt more often than not, and he's about as left wing as Pat Robertson. I'd say you're just looking for material for your straw men, without whom, you'd rarely have anything to say.
Buttermilk

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm liberal/Progressive.

I'm that political lean because I believe in our constitution.
Builder

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote;
Quote:
Is there some panel of alien savants that get to declare a system an oligarchy?

Quite an extensive and thorough scientific analysis, actually, Finn.

Finn dAbuzz wrote;
Quote:
Who made the declaration which you reference?

Here 'tis.
Quote:
The US government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens, but is instead ruled by those of the rich and powerful, a new study from Princeton and Northwestern Universities has concluded.

Finn dAbuzz wrote;
Quote:
I would be interested in seeing there declarations relative to the systems of governments in all the nations of the world.

It's either a democracy, or it isn't, Finn. Or would you like to give us your definition of the term?

Quote:
After sifting through nearly 1,800 US policies enacted in that period and comparing them to the expressed preferences of average Americans (50th percentile of income), affluent Americans (90th percentile) and large special interests groups, researchers concluded that the United States is dominated by its economic elite.

Finn dAbuzz wrote;
Quote:
Since "you" is all that you are, I would argue that it makes a hell of a lot of difference how you see yourself.

To "me", yes it does matter. It matters very much, but seeing as how this thread has a political tone, I'm pointing out the futility of personalising our importance, when the system itself doesn't take our wishes seriously. An oligarchy may actually continually foster divisive and coercive means, to keep us thinking that we can make a difference with our personal viewpoints. They own the media, Finn. This is quite the game they play.

Finn dAbuzz wrote;
Quote:
Your view that the Big Picture is more important than an individual's view, I think, tells us a lot about your mindset.

You can only make assumptions about my mindset, based on your own preconceptions, from a handful of words posted on a forum. You don't know anything about me, other than what I'm willing to feed to you.

Reference here
georgeob1

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 04:06 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The Mondragon Corporation was founded by students from a technical college. I know of no religious affiliation by the corporation. I have no reason to consider them a multi-national. I frankly don't think there has been very much real freedom upon which to base an historical claim.

Well I googled it and found that it claims 84 thousand employees in a cooperative association in multiple nations world wide. It founding is described to have occurred in the Basque region in Spain, and if my recollection is correct the manufacturer of household heaters that wen bankrupted a few yeas ago was either its original or one of it's earliest ventures. There is a reference to the Catholic movement that was instrumental in either creating it or inspiring its creators.
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 04:16 pm
@georgeob1,
If you go to Mondragon's web site, they speak of a priest blessing the foundation stone, but i see nothing which suggests that it was the brainchild of Catholicism. Yes, according to their web site, they have operations situated in many countries.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 04:45 pm
@Setanta,
Oh go pack sand.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 04:46 pm
@Buttermilk,
Thanks
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 04:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Truth hurts, huh, Bubba?
georgeob1

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 04:57 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

If you go to Mondragon's web site, they speak of a priest blessing the foundation stone, but i see nothing which suggests that it was the brainchild of Catholicism. Yes, according to their web site, they have operations situated in many countries.
Try Wickopedia
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

@Builder,
A new study by liberal institutions.

These are studies that validated pre-existing beliefs.

What was "scientific" about their analysis?

What data proves the existence of an oligarchy? Surveys? Don't make me laugh.

I still would be interested in the assessments of these sources as they relate to other nations. Your response is ridiculous.

You chose to invalidate your personal importance through your paranoid perception of The Powers That Be. Fine, you can't and don't make a difference, then why are you wasting you time. Ending your spleen in this forum?

As to whether or not I can make assumptions about you by what you write, of course I can. Another ridiculous argument.
Finn dAbuzz

@Setanta,
You're a child