Saddam's WMD Have Been Found

fairandbalanced

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 03:49 pm
Foxfyre wrote
Quote:
I can't say for sure as I have no way of knowing, but I suspect more and more that many really, really hope we DON'T find any WMD.

US Troops have been in Iraq for over a year now. All the weapons inspectors including the optimistic David Kay says there weren't any WMDs during the beginning of invasion. Any WMDs found during this election year is highly suspicious. I suspect that this will be Bush's October surprise.

I heard reports that US personnel were seen planting WMDs in Fallujah. I don't know if this is true but I wouldn't be surprised.

One could say as well that many conservatives are praying that the US finds WMDs in Iraq sometime this election year.
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 03:55 pm
Kickycan's post was really funny. I don't know if he/she meant that as a joke. Very Happy

Kickycan wrote
Quote:
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 03:56 pm
hi fairandbalanced- Yes, I agree. The only way WMD's will be found is if the US military and CIA plant them. Wouldn't it be a hoot if this happened in October? Just before the election? Jeez, could the Bush cabal be this sneaky?????
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:02 pm
LOL Very Happy
Tarantulas even added "Investigative Report" to his article. I guess he added that for dramatic flare. Very Happy

Anyway, I'm not even gonna waste my time following up the link to that NewsMax clone site. Could it be just a ploy to increase web traffic to those horrid NewsMax clone sites? I don't know. hehe Very Happy
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:06 pm
hello Deecups Cool

Nice lips

:wink:
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:16 pm
fairandbalanced wrote:
LOL Very Happy
Tarantulas even added "Investigative Report" to his article. I guess he added that for dramatic flare. Very Happy

If you had looked at the page on Insight Magazine, you would have seen the words "Investigative Report" at the top of the article.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/2004/05/11/World/Investigative.Reportsaddams.Wmd.Have.Been.Found-670120.shtml

Hey, it ain't rocket surgery, ya know.
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:38 pm
Like I said another NewsMax clone is a total waste of time to even follow up. Anyway, the title, source and author should have sufficed. Even Insight does it for dramatic flare. Not even worth a look. Laughing

The USA Today article was good though. You need more of that and none of Insight or NewsMax clones.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:52 pm
Hey who is this "fairandbalanced" person? I think I like you. Probably 'cuz you liked my joke post. Welcome!

and yeah, of course I meant it as a joke. Smile
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:57 pm
Kickycan,

Thanks kickycan Very Happy

Read my other posts in the topic "FEC Proposing New Rules That Would Cripple Bush Dissent"
I think you'll find it amusing.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:59 pm
Speaking of which...
Tonight, ABC's Nightline is doing something beautiful and courageous.
The entire show will consist of a reading of the names of each soldier who has fallen in Iraq, while his or her photograph shows on the screen.

But ABC affiliate stations around the country will be prohibited from airing the special. That's because they're owned by Sinclair Broadcasting Group, a company whose executives have given tens of
thousands to Republicans and whose right-wing allies tout it as "the next Fox."

In a statement released earlier this week, the company said that to honor the men and women who died in this way would be a political act
that is "contrary to the public interest." Censoring images of the fallen serves the right-wing ideologues who pushed the war in Iraq,
but it certainly doesn't serve our country to hide those who were killed.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 07:42 pm
There are two other threads about Nightline already:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23930

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23938

This thread is about Weapons of Mass Destruction.

NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK SET IN BUSH WHITE HOUSE

"Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling has climbed aboard the publishing industry's hottest trend, announcing today that her next entry in the Potter series will be set backstage at the Bush White House in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq.

The book, Harry Potter and the Wizards of Mass Destruction, is expected to be the most successful Bush-cabinet tell-all memoir yet, publishing insiders say.

"It's a little like the Richard Clarke book and a little like the Paul O'Neill book, but with that J.K. Rowling magic thrown in," says Annabelle Kaminski of the industry bible Publishers Weekly. "This is going to be the first book about the Bush White House to move a lot of units with teens and tweens."

According to Ms. Kaminski, the new Rowling book picks up Harry's story as he graduates from the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and begins his career as a junior member of the Bush cabinet.

But once he arrives at the White House, young Harry discovers that the entire cabinet is under the spell of a mysterious wizard named "Ahmad Chalabi."

"Chalabi has convinced all of the cabinet members that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and it's up to Harry to remove the spell," says Ms. Kaminski. "Ultimately, Harry fails, so he leaves the cabinet and signs a book deal instead."

In other news, interim Iraqi administrator L. Paul Bremer III today said he was exploring "a variety of options" for the June 30 handover of sovereignty to the Iraqi people, including abolishing the month of June.

Link
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 04:21 am
LOL Laughing
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 02:58 pm
What we all keep forgetting is that the continued search for WMD provides endless contracting opportunities for the myriad of private contractors Bush & Co must keep happy until after the election if those campaign dollars are to continue to flow.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 03:18 pm
I just now saw this thread come alive again.

What a pity it wasn't begun at the war's outset, constituting a full sequence of all the times someone said "We found 'em!"
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 04:23 pm
IIRC most of those statements were made by reporters using their Johnny Science Chemical Detection Kits.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 04:29 pm
Who's Johnny Science?
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 05:07 pm
A fictional TV kids' show host.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 05:08 pm
Tarantulas,

Before I read the lengthy first post could you tell me if you are really claiming that the WMDs ahve been found? I suspect it's a bit of a catchy title then the articles elaborate but if not I'll read 'em.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 05:28 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Tarantulas, unless we find a nuclear warhead with instructions on it to be detonated in Washington D.C., the left won't be happy or satisfied. It doesn't matter what we have found or uncovered. Unless you can show a picture of Saddam holding a current newspaper in from of 55gallon barrels of VX gas, they won't care.

That seems to be true.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 07:50 pm
The only WMDs that had significance to the US were nooks and some nerve agents(although, how they were gonna hit us with them is a mystery, especially since we werent over there yet). Other weapons , such as blister agents and "tricked out Al Samouds" were already known about and were found before the new war. Weve regurg'd old news for a new war. We already located most of that ****.How many times did they use the same 15 Al Samouds ? theyve been located in 2000......
The point that our Fearless Leisure tried to make both by his talks before his 2003 State of the Union and by Powell.s speech to the UN. Both claimants speeches were infused with heaps of bogosity.

The Al tubes were the only link to nooks they could come up with
There were NO red or yellow cake oxides. NOBODY found any of this. 9its hard to hide a substance that you can spot by airborne detectors)
No chemical plants to make Uranium Hexaflouride(there are so many radioactive isotopes associated with this chemical process that we can detect Uranium processing from Fernald Ohio using air samplers in Rochester NY)
No evidence of advanced processing of the processed mixture of heavy and light Uranium F6 was evident by steam beneficiation or by centrifuging (each of these has airborne fingerprints that can carry for hundreds of miles... the nucler detectors and the world nuke scientists are pretty good at finding this stuff nd homing in on it).
In other words , we havent found the radioactive weapons grade stuff or its very dirty fingerprints anywhere in Iraq, even at the remnants of Saddams old nuclear labs (or the clandestine storage areas and "home" labs of his scientists)..

Most nuclear scientists now laugh at the claims of "nukes ready to go and threaten us within a few hours"

The folks that ought to read and learn about weapons grade uranium processing are our shire rieve and opus.
I too was taken in before the war and was a supporter because I actually believed the photos and words of Powell and Bush (and others), but I have had the sense to recognize that we were all scammed in this matter and i feel kind of ashamed that we have launched our own preemptive strike for very little reason, (if we wanted to get rid of Saddam) we could have kept lobbing smart weapons at his palace of the day, we would have hit him sooner or later, After all, we started this whole war with tha very kind of attack. Wed hoped to hit him with Tomahwaksand stealth .

I dont know whether Im angrier at the President being so dumb about this , or whether his henchmen think that we are so dumb that we blindly follow.

I remember last year after the WMD story started to fall apart for Bush, all his conservative infotainers started to pooh pooh the WMD story as merely peripheral to going to war
"IT WAS ONLY 16 WORDS" , recall Rush's or Glenn Beck's impassioned propoganda?
However, you still are trying to milk that bull tarantula and McGentrix. You are hoping that some WMDs will be found so that you really dont have to sound like you are backing a liar

ANOTHER THING--Weve got over 150 acres of GB and VX gas at Ft Detrich and at ABerdeen PG in Maryland (near major population areas of DC, Frederick, and the little community of Balltimore) Were living with all these WMDs in many of our back yards, the Army is slowly oxidizing this stuff and we go on with life not knowing that many of us live within an hours ride of some of the deadliest caches of nerve gas on the planet.
It appears that Our standards are multi faceted when it comes to cobbling together reasons for "foreign adventures"We can have all the House and Senate live within 30 miles of Aberdeen without any notice at all but we have to go to war at the slightest hint of 300 lb of VX in Iraq, 8000 miles away from DC.
Not since woodrow wilson, has a president been such a bald faced liar about reasons for waging wars on fairly defenseless countries. Wilson , at least could have made the reason that some of the countries he invaded , like Mexico or Guatemala could have made it to our borders.. ( providing they had a decent mule pack or a working truck)

We should be really worried about Russian nukes that arent inventoried and controlled, or North Korean "cash and carry" nukes.
Im sure ,that, while we dick around in Iraq , killing our kids and theirs Al Qaida is shelling out cash to pick up some stray nukes. and they wont deliver them in a UAV or on an AL Samoud launched from a sub in the Iraqi Nuclear Navy. Theyll most likely come in on a container ship or over the Mexican border in a bus load of tourists.They have quietly installed scintilometers along the Canadian and Mexican Borders, at least Ridge has his eye on the ball. (I hope some degree of sense and competence returns to the executive branch)
0 Replies