Se habla espanol?

husker

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 11:40 am
It would help me a great deal if folks could post in English and Spanish at the same time.

Me ayudaría mucho en inglés si la gente podría fijar y español en el mismo tiempo.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 11:47 am
Como quieras, Husker. El asunto es leer primero en español.

As you like, Husker. The thing is to read first in Spanish.
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 11:58 am
Bésame,
bésame mucho
como si fuera esta la noche
la última vez

Bésame, bésame mucho
que tengo miedo a perderte
perderte después

Quiero tenerte muy cerca
mirarme en tus ojos
verte junto a mí
Piensa que tal vez mañana
yo ya estaré lejos,
muy lejos de aquí.

Bésame, bésame mucho
como si fuera esta
la noche la última vez
Bésame, bésame mucho
que tengo miedo a
perderte, perderte después

http://www.love-that-luis.com/lyrics-romncs/besame.htm
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:15 pm
Gran canción de la compositora mexicana Consuelo Velázquez.

Great song from Mexican composer Consuelo Velázquez.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:27 pm
Aquí es adonde llevo a adolescentes a cada verano para una experiencia del viaje de la misión.

This is where I take Teenagers to every summer for a mission trip experience.

Localización \ Location
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:31 pm
¡Cámara, qué interesante!

¡Wow, how interesting!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:33 pm
(husker - Solamente no mires a mis postes para exactitud. Mi español está muy limitado. Uso "babelfish" -- http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr -- para ayudar.)

Cuando fué in la escuela, tuvimos que cantar esta canción:

Tú porque razón sin consultar te asista amar
Lo que es la vida me enamorare de ti.

Y hay una linea que dice "Cuidame, quiereme, besame, mimame."

No recuerdo más.

(husker - Just don't look at my posts for accuracy. My Spanish is very limited. I use "babelfish" -- http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr - for help.)

When I was in school, we had to sing this song:

(something about not having to consult my reason to love you or something like that; babelfish can't quite suss it, either.)

And there is one line that says, "Care for me, want me, kiss me" -- and the fish won't tell me what mimame means, and my teacher wouldn't either, hmmm....

I don't remember any more.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:42 pm
Mímame: cuddle me.

Mi mamá me mima.
Mi mom cuddles me.

Así aprenden los niños la letra eme.
That's how children learn the letter m.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:51 pm
¡Si los niños dicen, "Mi mamá me mima," no sé porque Sra. Ghiorso no nos diría!

(If the children say, "my mother cuddles me," I don't know why Mrs. Ghiorso wouldn't tell us!)
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:54 pm
Quién sabe. Who knows.

Habría que preguntarle a la señora Ghiorso (apellido italiano).
We should ask Mrs. Ghiorso (Italian last name).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 01:31 pm
Sí, ella es Italiana, pero no lo parla.

(Yes, she's Italian, but she doesn't speak it.)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 04:40 pm
This is good! I just got off the telephone with a fellow in Mexico City! This has come in handy already!!
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 06:57 pm
Consuelo Velázquez
(1924- )

Compositora Mexicana nacida en Ciudad Guzmán, Jalisco el 29 de agosto de 1924. Su tema "Bésame mucho" es su más grande éxito habiendo sido grabado en varios idiomas y por famosos interpretes tales como Frank Sinatra y los Beatles. Durante tres años se desempeño como diputada y ha sido también presidenta de la Sociedad de Autores y Compositores Mexicanos y vicepresidenta de la Confederación Internacional de Sociedades de Autores y Compositores.

Compositora Mexican born in City Guzmán, Jalisco August 29, 1924. Its theme "you Kiss me a great deal" is its larger success having been engraving in various languages and by famous interpret such as Frank Sinatra and the Beatles. During three years himself fulfillment as representative and has been also presidenta of the Society of Authors and Mexican Composers and vicepresidenta of the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers.

(I can see by this that translators have something lacking at times!. LOL!)
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 08:44 am
Estrella

Cuando era joven yo estaba en la Infantería Marina Nórteamericana estacionado en La Base Naval de Rota (Espana).

Era allí donde yo impezé aprender Espanól.
En aquel entonces yo trabajaba de guárdia en el control de la base junto con soldados de la Infantería Marina Espanola.

Mas tarde, yo y un amigo conseguimos un tutor quien era el Alcalde de la misma Rota. Su nombre entero era: Don Antonio Garcia de Quirós Milan ( Para nosotros, 'Don Antonio' ).

Don Antonio nos ensenó no solamente el idioma,
sino también un poco sobre la cultura y la gente.

El' era un hombre educado y usaba la pronunciación típica de su región (Andalusía) donde pronúncian mas o menos lo mismo como Latínoamerica. O sea el' pronunciaba la 'c' y la 'z' de misma manera como la 's' .

Sin embargo, el' nos ensenyó a NOSOTROS pronunciar al estilo Castellano - con el sonido de la 'th' de Inglés!
El' deciá que nosotros debíamos hablar: "El Castellano correcto correcto!".

Después, cuando yo asistió en la Universidád, mi profesora decía,
que de los cientos de milliones de personas que habla Espanol, solamente un porcentaje pequena pronuncia así o sea solamente La Gente de Castilla y Madrid.
Mi profesora decía que si uno no viviera en Castilla pronunciar así seria un 'esnobismo' y era mejor para nosotros, Nórteamericanos,
pronunciar como nuestros vecinos en el hémisferio del oeste.

When I was young I was in the U.S. Marines stationed at the Rota Naval Base
(Spain).

It was there that I began to learn Spanish.
At that time I worked as a sentry on the main gate of the base together with Spanish Marines.

Later, A friend and I located a tutor who was the mayor of the town of Rota. His entire name was: Don Antonio Garcia de Quirós Milán (to us,'Don Antonio').

Don Antonio taught us not only the language, but also a little about the culture and the people. He was an educated man who used the typical pronunciation of the region (Andalusía) where they speak more or less the same as in Latin America, That is, he pronounced 'c'and 'z' the same as 's'.

Nevertheless, Don Antonio taught US to pronounce the Castillian way - with the sound of the 'th' of English!
He used to say that WE ought to speak 'The Correct, correct Castillian'!

Afterwards, when I was in college, my professor used to say that of the hundreds of millions of people who speak Spanish only a small percentage pronounce like that, That is, only the people of Castille and Madrid.

She said that if one didn't live in Castille, using that pronunciation was a kind of snobbery, and it was better for us Americans to speak like our western hemisphere neighbors.
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 08:28 pm
jjorge:

¡Ah, cómo interesar el cuento entero es! Gracias para esa penetración en las varias áreas de España y el español parlante.

Yo lo envidio su permanece en España. Quiero realmente ir y obtener para saber el país. Recientemente he estado leyendo acerca de Mallorca, que me intriga tanto, así que querré definitivamente hacer todo el viajar en España, pero visitar también las islas mientras estoy allí.

*^*#*^*#*^*

jjorge:

Oh, how interesting the whole story is! Thank you for that insight into the various areas of Spain and speaking Spanish.

I envy you your stay in Spain. I really want to go and get to know the country. Recently I have been reading about Mallorca, which intrigues me very much, so I definitely will want to do all the traveling in Spain, but also visit the islands while I am there.
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 08:41 pm
¿Ha leído jamás cualquiera el libro pequeño del estudio llamó "Por Esas Espanas"? Está repleto de cuentos anticuados y muy chistosos cortos por Casa de campo de Pedro Fernandez.

Si usted apreciaría que mí anuncie uno ocasionalmente, yo sería feliz de hacerlo, y me daría práctica española buena.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Has anyone ever read the little study book called "Por Esas Espanas"? It is full of quaint and very funny short stories by Pedro Villa Fernandez.

If you would like me to post one occasionally, I would be happy to do it, and it would give me good Spanish practice.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:48 pm
the big boss man might like this site
http://www.phpnuke-espanol.org/
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 06:18 pm
Since my last idea seems to have bombed, itellya what imagoing to do--a better idea--I will occasionally post a funny story for your reading pleasure on an adjacent thread--that way it won't interrupt the flow of conversation.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 06:57 pm
Attagirl, estrella! Welcome, by the way!

As long as you post the translation, too, I'm a happy girl. But, I promise I'll try to read it in Spanish first..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 06:58 pm
Count me in.
0 Replies