Can you give me a advice?

sfsling

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 01:44 am
When we are a junior,we will choose another language as our second language.Can you tell me which is easier for me to learn compared with some other languages,except Chinese and English
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,656 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:48 am
If you're Chinese/Asian, try here....

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74610

If not, sorry to have butted in.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:08 pm
Can you give me a advice?
In general the Latin languages - Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, even French - are fairly easy to learn. That is, they can be mastered quickly for basic cmmunication. German is also easy to pick up for basic communication.

From your post I assume you are Chinese and already have studied English. This means that you don't have to learn a new alphabet if you choose one of the languages mentioned above. Russian is difficult and requires a new alphabet, as do Hebrew and Arabic.

Since you have already studied English, you have an advantage in choosing a Latin-based language or German - much of the vocabulary is similar, although the grammars differ widely between the Latin languages and German.

Spanish is probably your best bet for a second foreign language, being more and more widely spoken. Arabic would in the long run be a good choice, but as well as the different alphabet it is a very difficult language. If you are a junior, and have only one more year to go, one year of Arabic would probably not be of much use, however you could acquire a fairly good knowledge of usable, elementary Spanish if you really work at it. It won't be elegant speech or writing, but you will be able to get your ideas across if the person you're speaking to is willing to be patient, go slowly, and overlook grammatical errors and clumsiness of expression.
macaroni

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:54 pm
I too want to take up a foreign language. I can't decide between French and Spanish. The thing is that i started on a bit of french a long time back, and we have all the books for it at home. I always thought that i would do french. But now, somehow, i want to learn spanish. I truly want to. Yet, i can't decide which one to take up because i always used to want to learn french, but now, i want to learn spanish. Aahhh! I'm a jumble.
sfsling

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 02:36 am
@macaroni,
Hi, thanks very much for your message,
graduated 3yeas, and now i want to learn sth,
now when working, and find that i have not leart enough in college.
learn as long as you leave, it is true.
0 Replies

sfsling

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 02:38 am
@Tomkitten,
actually, i have learnt Russian as second in college, very diffivult,
and now maybe Spanish is better for me and hope i will insist it for a long time
0 Replies