Want To Be A Patriot? Read And Sign

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 04:09 pm
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/arrest-and-try-house.fb75?source=s.icn.fb&r_by=2251065
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 4,548 • Replies: 110

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 04:19 pm
Read and signatured already.
Ragman

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 06:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Signed. Done. Are the removed yet?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 06:55 pm
What ever happened to "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it?" Are we now trying to arrest people who hold the wrong political view?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
These same people are trying to impeach the President.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:36 pm
@Brandon9000,
No! That is extremely disingenuous of you.
Just impeach the legislators that are obstructing the flow of ANY legislation from passing. The ineffective record speaks for itself. Never in the history of Federal gov't have so few pieces of legislations have passed.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:43 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Just impeach the legislators that are obstructing the flow of ANY legislation from passing. The ineffective record speaks for itself. Never in the history of Federal gov't have so few pieces of legislations have passed.

Sure, and I promise that I could dream up some grounds to impeach liberal congressmen for policies that I despise, but in America, we tolerate opposing viewpoints and settle things with elections.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:53 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Bear, that is explicitly un-Constitutional.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:56 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Just impeach the legislators that are obstructing the flow of ANY legislation from passing.
The ineffective record speaks for itself. Never in the history of Federal
gov't have so few pieces of legislations have passed.
That is IDEAL.

Now, let 's get started in repealing whatever got thru.

David
Ragman

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 08:04 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Never in the history of Federal

What does this sort of precedent say to most rational people? It says ineffective obstructionist legislators to me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 08:28 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Quote:
Never in the history of Federal

What does this sort of precedent say to most rational people?
It says ineffective obstructionist legislators to me.
Thay shud get BONUSES!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 08:35 pm

Congressmen shud be paid ON COMMISSION only,
for each statute that thay REPEAL.
BillRM

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 08:41 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
My lord I am no fan of the Republicans in congress however calling for what amount to a coup by the executive branch is just a little over the top to say the least.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 07:42 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Sure, and I promise that I could dream up some grounds to impeach liberal congressmen for policies that I despise, but in America, we tolerate opposing viewpoints and settle things with elections.

Move On got its start by arguing that Democrats should be allowed to commit felonies with impunity.

It's a small step from "Democrats should be allowed to commit felonies with impunity" to "Republicans should be prosecuted even when they've done nothing wrong".
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 07:53 am
@Brandon9000,
So when will this tolerance thing kick in. There's a difference between disagreement and trying to upset the apple cart.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 08:25 am
Seems perfectly reasonable. It's good those people get their names and info out there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:07 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

What ever happened to "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it?" Are we now trying to arrest people who hold the wrong political view?

It died when people like the Koch Brothers, the Tea Party and "Christian" interests co-opted the country.
BillRM

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:06 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
It died when people like the Koch Brothers, the Tea Party and "Christian" interests co-opted the country.

Sorry Koch Brothers or no Koch Brothers the left, who I tend to agree with, have no more moral rights to call for a coup then does the right.

What a nightmare would it be to find myself fighting on the side of the tea parties assholes in a civil war in order to uphold the constitution.

It is as damn silly as can be to allowed a few far left winger assholes throw away the high moral ground by sounding like the hardcore right wingers.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:53 am
@BillRM,
Bill we know nothing will come of this. It's just symbolic to emphasize how sick we are of this behavior. Everyone relax.
BillRM

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 01:04 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
Bill we know nothing will come of this. It's just symbolic to emphasize how sick we are of this behavior. Everyone relax.

No what is going to come of it is to discredit the left with special note of when the left would wish to attacked the nuts on the far right for similar words.

It hard to attacks the right wing teabaggers for calling for coups and such when the left got god know how many fools to sign that silly petition calling for a far left coup.