Foofie

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 08:53 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Finn either conveniently ignores, or is ignorant of (more likely) the more than 60 cities other than Tokyo which were firebombed in the last months of the war. Estimates of casualties range from 240,000 to 900,000 killed, with millions left homeless. But hey, they were just those nasty Japs.

Japs were not known to be "nasty," but "sneaky." The word "Jap" was used as a verb (i.e., the soldiers were Japped by the enemy, meaning a surprise ambush).
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 08:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

There are good and bad everywhere...there are reasonable and unreasonable.

You see Frankie baby, I do not act out my contempt, as others have in the world. However, the fact that I have a viewpoint that offends some causes an antipathy way beyond what is warranted. As the saying goes, "Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned." Apparently, this applies to both genders. You see Frankie baby, I do scorn others, since I am well aware of the scorn others have for me, and my fellow ethnics. Yet, Goyish kups, being what they are, still want to be loved. Do you see why I could develop a superiority complex?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 09:53 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I would like to change the word "arrogant" to "honest."
You may like what you want - but I don't change what I wrote just because like something else better.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 09:54 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I hope you like my use of quotation marks ("").
I do know what quotation marks / inverted commas are - but thanks for showing them!
[There are even more in the small world outside the USA: « », „ ”)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 10:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Finn either conveniently ignores, or is ignorant of (more likely) the more than 60 cities other than Tokyo which were firebombed in the last months of the war. Estimates of casualties range from 240,000 to 900,000 killed, with millions left homeless. But hey, they were just those nasty Japs.

Add their numbers to the death toll. It doesn't change my point which, clearly, was not that these deaths were of no account because they happened to be Japanese. Since you have such an obsession with perceived straw man arguments, it's somewhat surprising that you wouldn't recognize your own. (But on second thought...no it's not)

All of these deaths were horrific and tragic in the sense that they were the result of their nation's imperialistic and militaristic ways, but there are those who seem to think that deaths caused by fire bombing or nuclear explosions are somehow more horrific then the methods employed by other nations/militaries: the aforementioned method employed after the Sepoy Rebellion being but one example.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 10:49 am
@izzythepush,
I see no point in trying to disabuse you of your paranoid fantasies.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 11:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're the one who can't get along without a straw man. I have not said, nor implied, that deaths by firebombing or atomic bombs are more horrific. I was just pointing out that you don't seem to be very well informed about how the Japanese were treated by their American foes. Frank is trying to claim the U.S. uses restraint that other nations don't use. The fire bombing or more than 60 Japanese cities is evidence of just what a bullshit claim that is.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 11:51 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You're the one who can't get along without a straw man. I have not said, nor implied, that deaths by firebombing or atomic bombs are more horrific. I was just pointing out that you don't seem to be very well informed about how the Japanese were treated by their American foes. Frank is trying to claim the U.S. uses restraint that other nations don't use. The fire bombing or more than 60 Japanese cities is evidence of just what a bullshit claim that is.

Jabba...that is not what Ii am claiming at all.

I am saying that the US has used more restraint as top dog...than other top dogs did in their day.

You don't have to keep building straw men...and then accusing others of doing it...to show you have no ethics.

We already know that.

Have you gorged yet today? You always are so much nicer after you have.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:10 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
most Americans do not graduate college, nor have my IQ.

Are you actually saying that most Americans are STUPIDER that you are??? Shocked
Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:13 pm
I wrote:
Frank is trying to claim the U.S. uses restraint that other nations don't use.

You wrote:
I am saying that the US has used more restraint as top dog...than other top dogs did in their day.

About the only distinction to be made between what i wrote and what you wrote is the verb tense. Since you habitually write as though English is not your native language, i'll be happy to say that your idiotic thesis is "The U.S. uses restraint that other nations haven't used." As always, you are incapable of dealing with contradiction or criticism without personal abuse. When you've got so little going for you, i guess that's understandable.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:18 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I wrote:
Frank is trying to claim the U.S. uses restraint that other nations don't use.

You wrote:

About the only distinction to be made between what i wrote and what you wrote is the verb tense. Since you habitually write as though English is not your native language, i'll be happy to say that your idiotic thesis is "The U.S. uses restraint that other nations haven't used." As always, you are incapable of dealing with contradiction or criticism without personal abuse. When you've got so little going for you, i guess that's understandable.

Well, I guess you haven't gorged yourself yet...since you are being even more nasty than usual.

Shovel some food into your mouth...and then we can talk, Jabba.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/Jabba_zps78fce165.jpg

Edited: I'll let you guess what was added.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:30 pm
You try too hard, Frank. You're a pathetic case.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:32 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You try too hard, Frank. You're a pathetic case.

Nah...Jabba...not pathetic at all.

I am stupid...right. Not nearly as intelligent as you.

There is no way I could possibly get your goat.

I know that...and, oh...it just makes me feel so sad.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:35 pm
How stupid you may be is a matter of indifference to me. That you attempt to "get my goat" does not, however, hold out much hope for you. Of course, since you can't sustain your idiotic thesis, i guess it's all you've got.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:38 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

How stupid you may be is a matter of indifference to me. That you attempt to "get my goat" does not, however, hold out much hope for you. Of course, since you can't sustain your idiotic thesis, i guess it's all you've got.

Not all I've got, Jabba...not at all.

I'm just playin' with ya.

I intend for you to do most of the work...and for you to do most of the damage to you.

My job will not be that hard. You excel at doing that sort of thing.

Go, Jabba. Think of a good come-back.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:42 pm
There's no work here. You state an idiotic thesis, which you seem entirely incapable of supporting--what work is there to do? For the rest of it, you just make nasty personal remarks. That is all you'be got going for you, because you certainly haven't supported your witless thesis.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:45 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

There's no work here. You state an idiotic thesis, which you seem entirely incapable of supporting--what work is there to do? For the rest of it, you just make nasty personal remarks. That is all you'be got going for you, because you certainly haven't supported your witless thesis.

I stated a thesis that I have supported completely.

My opinion was...and still is...that the US has shown more restraint in its position as top dog than other top dogs have when they were top dogs.

Go gorge yourself, Jabba...you will be less nasty and you will have a better chance of making some sense.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:46 pm
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

What a clown. What evidence have you used to support your thesis?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:57 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

What a clown. What evidence have you used to support your thesis?

Jabba...I call myself to the stand:

Questioner: "Mr. Apisa...is it your opinion that America shows more restraint as top dog right now than previous top dogs did when they were top dog?"

ME: "Yes, I do."

Thesis supported!

Jabba...you gotta do better than this. C'mon...go shovel some food down into your gut. You'll do better.

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 01:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. They are not evidence which supports a thesis. I'm not surprised that you don't know that. I'll bet you can't go one week without vicious personal remarks. It seems to be all you've got going for your.