Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 05:52 pm
@izzythepush,
And I told you before you're a base liar. If I sued you for libel, which I haven't the light inclination to do o don't go off on that, you would have to prove what you wrote w as thr truth rather than me proving that it is false.

Your stance is absurd. To prove you are lying, I would have to provide links to every post I've made and invite members to read them all to find that I never wrote that of which you are accusing me, whereas all you have to do is provide the link to the one or two post wherein I expressed the desire that your son die, and insulted your wife.

You can't so you offer the feeble "I'm not going to do your work for you!"

Once again you can't pay the charges your big fat mouth runs up.

You little man.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 06:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
god I wish you'd have a bowel movement already...

you big man you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 11:19 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I do appreciate everything you're saying David,
but at the end of the day it depends on who's in the Oval Office.
That 's true. I 'm sure that obama has no interest in my opinions.

izzythepush wrote:
You don't trust the government,
True. I exhort everyone not to trust anyone.
Its great to love, but keep trust to a minimum.

izzythepush wrote:
you feel a need to arm yourself against the government.
I believe that is socially and politically healthy,
but as a practical matter, personal defensive guns are most needed
against low-life common criminals (e.g., burglars & robbers) or sometimes animals
(e.g. large dogs, or groups of them, maybe a cougar), not politicians.
A counter-argument against my thesis can be a taunt:
"O yea, David? How many politicians have u found it necessary to shoot??"

izzythepush wrote:
Why are you telling me to trust them?
Well, its not personal to the incumbent politicians per se,
but rather that there is no sentiment ANYWHERE in America for bullying England.
(not to imply that I have checked every square inch of America
in quest of that sentiment) Its just un-heard of, Izzy.

I am ABSOLUTELY SURE that the government of England is 1OO% safe
from any inimical American military activity.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 11:26 pm
@Foofie,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Foofie wrote:
If you put on a Yankee or Mets baseball cap you might have
ex-New Yorkers approach you as a fellow pilgrim. Just a thought.
There are a lot of ex-New Yorkers here. U see a lot of NY license plates.
See NY newspapers in use. Won 't u come down and join us ?
I 'll invite u to a restaurant !

David
Foofie wrote:
I do not care for the Florida weather.
I like colder weather, compliments of the Czars.
I also find NYC intriguing, with all its diversity. That is the future of the world anyway.
I wish u many decades of INTENSE JOY in NY.
May u live in BEAUTY and FREEDOM.

David
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 04:28 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Suing for libel on an anonymous forum is a non starter. I've pointed out where you've lied Doctor Gotz. You seem to take an inordinate amount of pleasure in trying to get me to relive painful episodes from my life. I'm not going to indulge your ghoulish tendencies. I've taken enough crap from you in this past month, so why don't you go and find someone willing to dance to your tune, because I'm not going to do it.
Foofie

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 08:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You seem to take an inordinate amount of pleasure in trying to get me to relive painful episodes from my life.

You mean like putting your position on a public forum that Israel should acquiesce to the Palestineans, even if that would make its future existence in jeopardy. That might make people, that had some familial connection to the Holocaust, relive the fear of being in a murderous anti-Semitic world.

No one is asking you to resonate with others feelings/concerns, but your self-absorbtion is typical, in my opinion. Again, in my opinion, you are really no different from the teeming masses, regardless of your command of the English language.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 10:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,

I don't mean to be unkind, Finn, but both you and frank are abysmally ignorant. The USA is hardly ignoring Africa. Expect to see a lot of innocent people die at the hands of the USA in coming years.

“The War is Worth Waging”: Afghanistan’s Vast Reserves of Minerals and Natural Gas

The War on Afghanistan is a Profit driven "Resource War".

By Prof Michel Chossudovsky
Global Research, December 08, 2013
Global Research 16 June 2010

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-war-is-worth-waging-afghanistan-s-vast-reserves-of-minerals-and-natural-gas/19769

JTT

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 10:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank: I doubt the next president's moral standards will be the determinant...and to suppose that it has not been closed because of low moral standards is presumptuous.

---------------------
To talk of moral standards and USA presidents is absurd. Gitmo exhibits the USA's exceedingly low moral standard in that it was stolen from the Cuban people.

It was a purchased prisoner atrocity that one could say stands as the most evil thing the USA has done if it wasn't so typical of what the USA does.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 11:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank: I agree, Panzada, but I still think we have been showing greater restraint than previous world powers showed when they were at their most powerful.

That's where you are wrong, Frank. And I hope there people honest enough to present this to you. The USA slaughtered a million Filipinos after the USA "liberated" them from Spain - some liberation, eh? That after how many millions of Native Americans. I'm pretty sure that stopping right there puts the USA far out in front of the UK, though I'm ready to be shown I'm mistaken.

But regardless, your premise is fatuous. The issue isn't Rome and Greece or even the colonial periods. It's post WWII when the "modern" notion of international law was established, which, I must remind you was largely a creation of the USA.

The question isn't "Is the USA a bully"; that is fatuous beyond belief.

The real question is;

Has the USA been guilty of numerous war crimes and terrorist actions?

More later.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 11:32 pm
@farmerman,
That's farmerman the academic.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 11:09 pm
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/09/01/is-america-a-force-for-good-in-the-world/

Is America a Force For Good in the World

It’s an irony that this latest incident – which has further complicated Washington’s efforts to persuade the Iraqis they need our continued presence – took place in Ishaqi, the scene of yet another infamous US atrocity in 2006. As Antiwar.com’s John Glaser was the first to report earlier this week:

“As revealed by a State Department diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks last week, US forces committed a heinous war crime during a house raid in Iraq in 2006, wherein one man, four women, two children, and three infants were summarily executed. The cable excerpts a letter written by Philip Alston, Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial, Summary, or Arbitrary Executions, addressed to then Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. American troops approached the home of Faiz Harrat Al-Majma’ee, a farmer living in central Iraq, to conduct a house raid in search of insurgents in March of 2006.

“’It would appear that when the MNF [Multinational Forces] approached the house,’ Alston wrote, ‘shots were fired from it and a confrontation ensued’ before the ‘troops entered the house, handcuffed all residents and executed all of them.’ Mr. Faiz Hratt Khalaf, (aged 28), his wife Sumay’ya Abdul Razzaq Khuther (aged 24), their three children Hawra’a (aged 5) Aisha ( aged 3) and Husam (5 months old), Faiz’s mother Ms. Turkiya Majeed Ali (aged 74), Faiz’s sister (name unknown), Faiz’s nieces Asma’a Yousif Ma’arouf (aged 5 years old), and Usama Yousif Ma’arouf (aged 3 years), and a visiting relative Ms. Iqtisad Hameed Mehdi (aged 23) were killed during the raid. Alston’s letter reveals that a US air strike was launched on the house presumably to destroy the evidence, but that “autopsies carried out at the Tikrit Hospital’s morgue revealed that all corpses were shot in the head and handcuffed.”

A five-year-old, and a child of five months – shot in the head while handcuffed?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 06:31 pm
@Advocate,
US support for Indonesia

from the book

East Timor: Genocide in Paradise

by Matthew Jardine

America stands as it always has, against aggression, against those who would use force to replace the rule of law.

US President George Bush, 1990, referring to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait

When I think of Indonesia -- a country on the equator with 180 million people, a median age of 18, and a Muslim ban on alcohol -- I feel like I know what heaven looks like.

Coca-Cola President Donald R. Keough, c. 1992

It's clear that the US knew about the upcoming invasion [of East Timor by Indonesia in 1975] and avoided taking any action that might have stopped it. In August 1975, Australia's ambassador to Indonesia cabled the Department of Foreign Affairs in Canberra (Australia's capital), as follows: The United States might have some influence on Indonesia at the present as Indonesia really wants and needs US assistance in its military re-equipment program.... But [US] Ambassador Newsom told me last night that he is under instructions from [US Secretary of State Henry] Kissinger personally not to involve himself in discussions on Timor with the Indonesians on the ground that the US is involved in enough problems of greater importance overseas at present....His present attitude is that the US should keep out of the Portuguese Timor situation and allow events to take their course.

US President Gerald Ford and Secretary of State Henry Kissinger were in Jakarta visiting Indonesian President Suharto the two days before the invasion. There's little doubt that Ford gave Suharto the green light to invade. Kissinger told reporters in Jakarta that "the US understands Indonesia's position on the question" of East Timor, and Ford said that, given a choice between East Timor and Indonesia, the US "had to be on the side of Indonesia." (US support for the invasion was important to Suharto because ABRI (the Indonesian military) relied heavily on US weaponry, which US law states can only be used for defensive purposes.)

In early 1976, the US voiced its defacto recognition of Jakarta's annexation of East Timor. An unnamed US State Department official explained: "In terms of the bilateral relations between the US and Indonesia, we are more or less condoning the incursion into East Timor."

These US actions weren't surprising, given the history of business relations between the two countries. By the end of World War I, the US and Japan supplied almost a third of the Dutch East Indies' imports. In turn, US-based corporations located there supplied the US with tin, rubber and oil. By 1939, the Dutch East Indies were supplying the US with over half of its needs for "no less than fifteen distinct commodities."

W.W.II radically changed the map of the Pacific, with the US emerging as the region's dominant power. US policymakers recognized that the region held great promise:

These areas not only offer many markets for American products but are substantial producers of raw materials useful to our economy....Our merchant marine and commercial firms should be given the opportunity to take over a large portion of that trade formerly handled by the Japanese and their vessels.

George Kennan, Director of the Policy Planning Staff at the US State Department, noted that the US had "about 50% of the world's wealth but only 6.3 % of its population," and offered this advice: Our real task in the coming period is to devise a pattern of relationships which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity without positive detriment to our national security. We should make a careful study to see what parts of the Pacific and Far Eastern world are absolutely vital to our security, and we should concentrate our policy on seeing to it that those areas remain in hands which we can control or rely on.

Indonesia, with its fertile soils, wealth of natural resources and strategic location, is certainly an important area to "control or rely on." In a 1965 speech in Asia, Richard Nixon argued in favor of bombing North Vietnam to protect the "immense mineral potential" of Indonesia, which he later referred to as "by far the greatest prize in the southeast Asian area."

To protect its prizes, the US eventually killed over four million people in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos between 1965 and 1975. In South Vietnam alone, the war resulted in a million widows and 879,000 orphans. It destroyed 9000 out of 15,000 hamlets, almost 40,000 square miles of farmland and 18,750 square miles of forest. Such carnage indicates what the US would be willing to support in Indonesia and East Timor.

Read on as I know you will at,

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/US_ThirdWorld/genocide_Odon.html
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 06:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn: And I told you before you're a base liar.

Izzy is that, Finn, a base liar. He admitted that he was.

But you lie too. You've lied here by supporting Frank's base lies. You lie by omission when you avoid dealing with the truth, when you sweep it all away with nothing more than "I don't believe it" or some other vacuous response.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 06:40 pm
@Rockhead,
Wouldn't it be nice if you actually said something once in a blue moon, Rocky?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 06:43 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if you actually said something once in a blue moon, Rocky?
why mess with a record of futility?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 07:24 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: I was stationed in England for two years...and there did not seem to be any animosity toward the English from the Americans...and quite honestly, I considered the English to be very friendly to us. There was no disharmony that I detected.

Yeah, same in WW2, once the Brits had got it into their thick heads that the yanks were on their side everything went swimmingly.
My late mother was 22 in 1944 in Leicester (England) and she used to tell me how groups of yanks came would come into town from the nearby Bruntingthorpe air base; swaggering round in their uniforms chewing gum, flashing big white smiles and throwing salutes and wisecracks at the dames.
My mother, her sister and friends used to follow them giggling and calling out "Got any gum chum?", and she got quite friendly with a 'Chuck' from Crystal Falls Michigan, and a 'Little Jimmy' from somewhere else.
And if anybody's wondering, I was born in 1948 long after the yanks had gone home, so no, none of them was my daddy..Smile
Churchill of course was half-American.
"Before America joined the war I knew we could not win it. After she joined I knew we could not lose"-Churchill
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/churchill.jpg
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 07:47 pm
After WW2 some USAF units stayed on in Britain to hold the mighty Russian bear in check, for example here SSgt Larry Cummings and his radar at Sturgate airfield near Lincoln are watching the skies in the late 1950's-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/Sturgate-1950s_zps14c83aba.jpg~original
http://www.airfieldinformationexchange.org/community/showthread.php?1579-Sturgate
Thomas

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 07:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
IS AMERICA A BULLY?

Yes. Americans yell at people in caps all the time.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 08:16 pm
@izzythepush,
That's is my take too, but as usual, I don't know.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 08:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Om: In the fullness of candor,
I take pleasure in the fact that I have no children.

Me too, Sig. In this, you have done the world a great favour.

0 Replies