Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The only country unrestrained enough to use nuclear weapons is America, so by your definitions and rules America is by far the worst bully in all of History, (even Nazi Germany never used nuclear weapons.)

Nuclear weapons were not used, due to being "unrestrained." They were used to save American (and Japanese) lives during what would have been the storming of the Jap islands. You might not have a real emotional connection to the Pacific Theater, since I do not think your Marines were captured and tortured by Gook Japs.
Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:31 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Why don't you show something one of the others powers did and argue it's something America wouldn't do?

I don't think the U.S. would have saved a bunch of English speaking sheep that lived on an island off the Argentine coast.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
YOU are in fantasy land, Frank. Or rather, in propaganda territory. Napoleon could have burnt Europe to the ground. He didn't, and instead spread some of what we consider today as basic freedoms, such as equality of all religions and origins before the law or homosexual rights...

I am aware that in your little fantasy history, Napoleon is a bad guy. I don't like the guy either, but he knew enough politics to be magnanimous and restrained.

And yes, Darius' behavior was on a par with the US attitude to Japan and Germany post WW2. Agreed that it was time-bound, but US policy of non-bullying was also short-lived.

Romans set up many vassal states, like you guys are trying to do... And the times were to empire building. The Roman Empire lasted for so long and did so much good (and some bad) that even the barbarians who brought it down felt sorry for it, and everybody else has been looking up to Rome ever since. Just look at the architecture of Washington DC or any US state Capitol to see how lasting impact Rome had on western culture and imagination. Including political culture - where do you think the word "senate" comes from?

Enough real history. Now make me laugh!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:34 am
@Foofie,
You really are pig ignorant Fluff. Try learning some facts for once.

Quote:
The Chindits were a British India 'Special Force'" that served in Burma and India in 1943 and 1944 during the Burma Campaign in World War II. They were formed to put into effect Orde Wingate's newly developed guerilla warfare tactic of long-range penetration. The Chindits were trained to operate deep behind Japanese lines, their operations were marked by prolonged marches through extremely difficult terrain by underfed troops weakened by diseases such as malaria and dysentery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chindits
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:37 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

"they used all the weaponry they had in their fights. We haven't."

This cannot be in doubt, as the USA obviously has far worse things to use, but chose to draw the line at Nuclear bombs, napaalm, Agent Orange and drones.

Quite right. The European powers, the Japanese, including Russia in WWII, used their tumescent penis missiles to rape women in the invaded countries. Half-breed children had no real life, born to the mothers, or had to maintain secrecy that their fathers were the invading army. I do not believe rape was a weapon of war for the U.S. military. Other than Scandanavia, Europeans were originally brown haired and brown eyed.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:45 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

So, in conclusion.....if anyone thinks that Frank is right and America does show more restraint than any other countries ever did in the past, then thank four boys from Liverpool who taught the world how to be psychadelic and sing about peace.

The Stones are better, in my opinion.
Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:47 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You are a foreigner in your own backyard, the friendless weirdo people increase their step to get past, the tedious little tit no one wants to talk to.

That's because the U.S. is 3,000 miles wide, and many people are alienated from New Yorkers, not just New York Jews. Much of it is sour-grapes, in my opinion.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:02 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Lordyaswas wrote:

So, in conclusion.....if anyone thinks that Frank is right and America does show more restraint than any other countries ever did in the past, then thank four boys from Liverpool who taught the world how to be psychadelic and sing about peace.

The Stones are better, in my opinion.

I'm more of a Stones fan myself...although I will say that whenever I visit Central Park (which I do often) I always stop my the Lennon remembrance in Strawberry Fields and reflect on what he was trying to impart.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:04 pm
Glad everyone is still here.

My opinion still is that the US has shown remarkable restraint...certainly more than any previous preeminent world power as far as I can tell.

The fact that I am willing to speak up for my country rather than adding to the noise that likes to think of it as a cesspool...seems to really irritate some people.

To them I say: TOUGH!

Although I am totally willing to acknowledge they have a right to think of the US and the people who live here any way they want.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:07 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

.... You might not have a real emotional connection to the Pacific Theater, since I do not think your Marines were captured and tortured by Gook Japs.

That is not only the most pig ignorant post that I've read in a long time, it probably sums up the utter bewilderment a lot of people feel when they experience this sort of shite from a certain sort of American.
You, dear boy, just about sum up the arrogant c*nt that seems to get most noticed when this sort of thing is being discussed,
You are either dense, or you do it to rile. I think that you do it to rile, personally, which I think brings shame on your country, as other Americans get lumped into the same pot.

For a start, it's not always about America, never mind how the makers of Private Ryan want to portray it. You cannot simply re-write history and think that you will get away with it.
Three whole stinking years before America even joined the fray, British and Anzac prisoners were being routinely tortured in Japanese prison camps in various places across the far east.
My uncle was one of them. I, personally, experienced him waking up the whole household with his screaming at night, not just on the odd occasion, but at least once a week during the three months he stayed with us.
This went on for more than twenty years after his war ended, until he discovered valium and other such knockout potions.
He would never ever talk about what happened, and boycotted anything remotely Japanese for the rest of his life. My dad had to hold him back once (in Oxford Street, supposedly christmas shopping) in the 60's, when a party of Japanese tourists went by. Apparently, this brother of his suddenly turned into a foaming jibbering wreck just through hearing Japanese being spoken. A copper got involved and my uncle was almost arrested.
Then shits like you come along and write him out of history. Shame on you.

1. Go and see The Railway Man (should be at the cinemas now, as it's just been released). Or read the book. Or at least look it up.

2. If you are too arrogant/ignorant to bother, then at least read this account, or try some other ways to educate yourself at least slightly about this part of the war.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254168/Monsters-River-Kwai-One-British-POW-tells-horrifying-story.html
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:30 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Foofie, who is Miller's sock puppet, is a bigot, a racist, a hate merchant. HMS Prince of Wales was sunk by the Japanese. British and Canadian troops defended Hong Kong and became prisoners of war. British and Australian troops defended the Malay Peninsula and Singapore, and were made prisoners of war. British troops were captured in the crown colony on Borneo, which is now the nation of Sarawak. Of course, British troops fought the Japanese in Burma. British subjects, including women and children, were interned by the Japanese in China, in Singapore and in Burma.

Foofie us a turd-stirrer, and a hateful puke. Like all bigots of her ilk, her bigotry is abetted by her ignorance, her invincible ignorance. My advice is to ignore Foofie--you won't miss a thing.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:31 pm
@Foofie,
No it's because you're a loathsome piece of ****.
timur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
which is now the nation of Sarawak.

Minor inaccuracy:

Wikipedia wrote:
Sarawak is one of two Malaysian states on the island of Borneo.
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:56 pm
@timur,
The crown colony was a single entity, dipshit.
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:58 pm
You know, Timur, you really have become an asshole. Why don't you find someone else to follow around, looking for nits to pick?
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:00 pm
@Setanta,
Insults don't change the fact that Sarawak is now a Malaysian state and not a nation.

I provided it as a matter of information..
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:03 pm
@timur,
You provided it because you can't resist the opportunity to nitpick, such as above, when i misspelled chauvinism. Dickhead. The insults are merited based on your snotty behavior.
timur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:08 pm
@Setanta,
However, you always say you don't indulge in insults if you are not insulted beforehand.

Given the above, this is not true.
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:10 pm
@timur,
Well isn't that special . . . we have our very own Church Lady . . . the only difference being that you cherish a grudge. Get a life, clown.
timur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:11 pm
@Setanta,
No, thanks.
0 Replies