Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:53 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

If they did nothing wrong, why did Lois Lerner quit?

She was being made a scapegoat in the IRS matter. Moreover, she later asked for her job back.

A middle manager at IRS, a conservative Republican, admitted that he called for the segregation of the applications to facilitate IRS handling of them.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's easy, if Obamacare becomes a very popular program (it is now a very unpopular program) by 2016, the Republican candidate would be able to use it in his or her campaign.

It didn't work well in 2012 because the fit hadn't hit the shan yet. Now it has.

That Reps have done nothing but throw mud at Ocare, and some of the mud will stick. The rollout of Ocare is not the program itself, which will work. It is identical to the universal in Germany, which has been a huge success for over 100 years.

BTW, the rollout of Medicare was very rough, but it is now considered a huge success.
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

the Obama experience up against this scandal is a great argument why we should NEVER AGAIN put a guy in the POTUS chair who has never managed anything. Previous management experience gives us some chance of learning what they are made of before we choose them as leader. Lots of guys talk pretty good as Obama does, it does not mean that they are any good at getting things done. Christie being forced to be governor saved us from making another a big mistake.

O has been a fabulous president. When he took office, the country was on the brink of another great depression. He has completely turned that around. He got Ocare through in only 1.5 years, whereby a list of other presidents have failed to install a universal system. (Every other advanced country has a universal systrem for very good reasons.) He has essentially got us out of two wars that lasted a decade. He has done this and a lot more despite decrees from the Rep leaders to not cooperate with O and the Dems.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:16 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
O has been a fabulous president.
not according to me nor the fast majority of my countrymen, nor might I add any rational reasonable yardstick.
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
O has been a fabulous president.
not according to me nor the fast majority of my countrymen, nor might I add any rational reasonable yardstick.

I have to disregard your statement since I have not seen anything rational come from you.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:23 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
I have to disregard your statement since I have not seen anything rational come from you.

you have to disregard public opinion polling because you dont agree with the majority. Putting your head in the sand will not help you though.
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

you have to disregard public opinion polling because you dont agree with the majority. Putting your head in the sand will not help you though.

With the drumbeat of attacks on Obama coming from the right, I am amazed that he polls as well as he does. Hawk, you need to think for yourself.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:11 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

the Obama experience up against this scandal is a great argument why we should NEVER AGAIN put a guy in the POTUS chair who has never managed anything. Previous management experience gives us some chance of learning what they are made of before we choose them as leader. Lots of guys talk pretty good as Obama does, it does not mean that they are any good at getting things done. Christie being forced to be governor saved us from making another a big mistake.

O has been a fabulous president. When he took office, the country was on the brink of another great depression. He has completely turned that around...

I like OCare very much, but frankly, the economy sucks. Despite the sunny reports from the White House, it's hard to get a full time job, going to college is now so expensive that people are in debt afterwards for years, and buying a house (and keeping it) is a huge hurdle for the average family. The standard of living has fallen and social mobility, the ability to move up through hard work, seems all but vanished.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
Why would anyone zero Brandon on this?

He and I often disagree, but I read him, and I agree with what he is saying.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, by the way, I don't post down re disagreement.
I do learn, though not often.
I do post up for well worded agreement sometimes.
Or, if something is funny.
If something is slimily vile, and I do mean slimily, it's gone.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:44 pm
@Advocate,
Then you have nothing to worry about.
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:46 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
I got two words to say in response to this, "Madam President"

LOL.......
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 10:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
social mobility, the ability to move up through hard work, seems all but vanished.

Yes, but the top one percent is doing wonderfully becoming far richer then ever before so why worry?
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 11:05 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
social mobility, the ability to move up through hard work, seems all but vanished.

Yes, but the top one percent is doing wonderfully becoming far richer then ever before so why worry?

Glad for them, but it would be better if everyone else were doing okay too.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 11:07 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Advocate wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

O has been a fabulous president. When he took office, the country was on the brink of another great depression. He has completely turned that around...

I like OCare very much, but frankly, the economy sucks. Despite the sunny reports from the White House, it's hard to get a full time job, going to college is now so expensive that people are in debt afterwards for years, and buying a house (and keeping it) is a huge hurdle for the average family. The standard of living has fallen and social mobility, the ability to move up through hard work, seems all but vanished.

Everything is relative. It takes a long time to come back from the mess GWB left us. But unemployment is now below 7 percent, the stock market is soaring, etc. O is trying to help the middle class, but the right shoots everything down. O cannot even raise the min. wage, which has not begun to keep up with inflation. The House, controlled by the Reps, is not passing any legislation, and the right is ready to filibuster anything good in the senate. What is O supposed to do?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 11:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Huh??????????
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 11:12 pm
@Advocate,
You're utmost faith in Obamacare and all things Obamic and Democrat assure that you have nothing to worry about from the clear debacle of the launch of the ACA.
Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:06 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You're utmost faith in Obamacare and all things Obamic and Democrat assure that you have nothing to worry about from the clear debacle of the launch of the ACA.

Indeed, the launch was terrible, and O has responsibility. The man is not perfect. I'm sure that he is not a computer expert, and he failed to bring in those who are. I guess what happened is that the work went to the lowest bidders. But given half a chance, Ocare will prove itself the salvation of our country.

For instance, people will no longer stay in an unwanted job just because there is coverage. Employees can strike out in their own businesses and not lose coverage. A lot should come out of this.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:09 am
@Advocate,
The "salvation" of our country?

Wow.

You really are a true believer.

But hey, how can I hope our country isn't saved? If Obamacare does it, God Bless the Dems.

Of course I don't for one second believe this will prove to be the case.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hello?
Do you think Christie knew?