Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

Baldimo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:47 pm
@Advocate,
You mean firing the people responsible isn't enough? At least he had the guts to fire someone who had done wrong.

Obama just lets people quietly resign or take a leave of absence with full pay. Yeah that is really some responsibility. Rolling Eyes
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:49 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
A couple of things everyone should know by now in this climate of political scandals, real or hyped, the more you deny a thing the worse it looks and saying the other guy did it too never works out well.

Example: "I am not a crook." and "I am not a bully"

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

- figured we might want to put in a balance and get someone from the other side of the aisle growing a larger nose-

Clinton was convicted of nothing. His actions with Monica were legal. Further, she seduced him.
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That was kind of my point

Good point!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You mean firing the people responsible isn't enough? At least he had the guts to fire someone who had done wrong.

Obama just lets people quietly resign or take a leave of absence with full pay. Yeah that is really some responsibility. Rolling Eyes

O's people did nothing wrong. The investigations were nothing more than right-wing hatchet jobs.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:58 pm
@Advocate,
Then why did people quit? Why do they still have someone investigating the matter? Did you miss the part about a supposed "impartial investigator" that just so happens to be an Obama contributor? Once again if it's no big deal why is it still being investigated?
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:03 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Then why did people quit? Why do they still have someone investigating the matter? Did you miss the part about a supposed "impartial investigator" that just so happens to be an Obama contributor? Once again if it's no big deal why is it still being investigated?

The charges against O a;nd his people are truly BS. If you don't realize that yet, it is all on you.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:10 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Clinton was convicted of nothing. His actions with Monica were legal. Further, she seduced him.

You really believe your nonsense?

For one thing, Clinton lied. When I put his quote in as a response to revelette it was regarding another famous lie, to tie in with the two which were listed and made by Repubicans.

His actions may have passed some sort of legal standard, however they were disgraceful. Further,if the average person lied as he did, they'd be convicted of perjury.

As for Lewinsky, there is no proof she seduced him so you are now adding slander to your list of accomplishments. Further, even if she had seduced him, Clinton was an adult and could have refused her. Instead he lied to the American public, defaming Lewinsky as he did so and thereby causing a lengthy and costly investigation. He could have and should have just fessed up to his wife and top investigators at the very start.

Baldimo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:15 pm
@Advocate,
If they did nothing wrong, why did Lois Lerner quit?
RABEL222

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:17 pm
@Advocate,
But he did fire an aid.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:24 pm
@Sturgis,
Could you stand a 4 year investigation by a hostile congress trying its best to linch you from the nearest telephone pole while said investigators changed what they were trying to prove multipel times? I dont think I could stand something like that without them being able to prove something I did wrong. Nor could most people.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Surprise! I agree with you, hawk.

I've sort of liked him and also had my own qualms that no one else seems to have, about all the rebuilding of the shoreside, but if I remember, Obama agreed with him and I suppose most others do. But I read an article about it being unwise, up and down the east coast (no link today), so I see his fast moves on that as being politiciany as opposed to being scientifically smart. And Obama's too.

Anyway, the barn door is open.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Surprise! I agree with you, hawk.

I've sort of liked him and also had my own qualms that no one else seems to have, about all the rebuilding of the shoreside, but if I remember, Obama agreed with him and I suppose most others do. But I read an article about it being unwise, up and down the east coast (no link today), so I see his fast moves on that as being politiciany as opposed to being scientifically smart. And Obama's too.

Anyway, the barn door is open.

Oh, and I haven't read the rest of the thread yet.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
Still haven't read that far in the thread, but I don't just suppose Christie is a 'good ' candidate. I'm usually a democrat voter but I went independent for a while. May do again. I'm actually left of San Francisco but I can like people of other persuasions. My worry is who they carry with them.

I have impressions over my not very intent observations in life that the east coast, which includes Chicago by the hair of its teeth, to some of us, is more inclined to corruption and skullduggery. But lots of baaaad stuff has gone on all over the place. Even I used to go to what was know as Mickey Cohen's ice cream parlor. It was actually an ice cream parlor in west Los Angeles.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:13 pm
@revelette,
I don't particularly like her either but she is looking a tad better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:17 pm
@maxdancona,
I've spent time in politicians' offices, not, certainly, in serious conferences, but time, and I'd be completely befuddled if Christie didn't know.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:28 pm
@maxdancona,
That's easy, if Obamacare becomes a very popular program (it is now a very unpopular program) by 2016, the Republican candidate would be able to use it in his or her campaign.

It didn't work well in 2012 because the fit hadn't hit the shan yet. Now it has.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Is there any chance there's any hidden Snicker's bars anywhere near Christie.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:38 pm
the Obama experience up against this scandal is a great argument why we should NEVER AGAIN put a guy in the POTUS chair who has never managed anything. Previous management experience gives us some chance of learning what they are made of before we choose them as leader. Lots of guys talk pretty good as Obama does, it does not mean that they are any good at getting things done. Christie being forced to be governor saved us from making another a big mistake.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
Who among past Presidents has ever "managed anything?" Who among the current crop of potential 2016 candidates can make that claim?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:51 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:

You really believe your nonsense?

For one thing, Clinton lied. When I put his quote in as a response to revelette it was regarding another famous lie, to tie in with the two which were listed and made by Repubicans.

His actions may have passed some sort of legal standard, however they were disgraceful. Further,if the average person lied as he did, they'd be convicted of perjury.

As for Lewinsky, there is no proof she seduced him so you are now adding slander to your list of accomplishments. Further, even if she had seduced him, Clinton was an adult and could have refused her. Instead he lied to the American public, defaming Lewinsky as he did so and thereby causing a lengthy and costly investigation. He could have and should have just fessed up to his wife and top investigators at the very start.

Congratulations! You have managed to be wrong on everything.

Since Clinton did not lie under oath, there is no purjury. Further, he did lie, but did so as a married man with a child, as would any other man under such circumstances. Untold millions men cheat. Unfortunately for Clinton, that sleazeball Ken Starr put this information all over the Internet.

It was all over the media that Monica seduced Clinton by walking around with her thong exposed. Further, before joining the White House, she told others that she would seduce Clinton.

Starr, who was supposed to investigating Whitewater, took up the costly and lengthy Monica affair. Also, Monica told Linda Tripp all about her affair, and it was Tripp, a Clinton hater, who passed this on to Starr.
0 Replies