Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 10:33 am
@Advocate,
An amazing premonition Ad. He's done these things over and over again.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 04:45 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Quote:
@Moment-in-Time,
You don't like West because he is black. His skin color has everything to do with it. I mean you can't disagree with a person of color, don't you know. At least that is what we have been told for about 6 years now. Agree with the blackman or you're a racist.

Don't be a racist MIT.

Someone's confused and I think it's you.

Not like you to miss obvious sarcasm. Did you find it confusing?
panzade

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 05:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Not like you to miss obvious sarcasm.

I for one didn't miss it.
Baldimo gave me a hearty guffaw.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 06:51 pm
@Advocate,
Thanks for that link.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 06:56 pm
@realjohnboy,
Thanks for doing that, RJB. I'm loathe to pay attention but of course I need to hurry up and pay attention.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 07:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Probably.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 07:46 pm
@ossobuco,
gaah: loath
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 10:28 pm
The FBI is on the case. That will definitely shake things loose.

We will soon see people copping pleas.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 11:17 am
@panzade,
I noticed
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 03:53 pm
NBC delivers some more bad news for the Christie camp.

Chritie's appointee to chair the Port Authority urged a $250 B expenditure of state funds to improve a railway station near a swanky apartment project backed by his law firm.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 04:37 pm
@Advocate,
As long as that RINO is not the GOP nominee, I 'll be happy.

David
BillRM

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 04:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I share your delight that another Republican with at least some small chance of becoming president had shot himself in the foot.

May the far right of the GOP party get their wishes and elected a far right wing nut for President in 2016.

I would suggest you get use to the sound of Madam President.
Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 06:05 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

NBC delivers some more bad news for the Christie camp.

Chritie's appointee to chair the Port Authority urged a $250 B expenditure of state funds to improve a railway station near a swanky apartment project backed by his law firm.

I should have said "a quarter billion dollars".
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 11:46 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I share your delight that another Republican with at least some small chance of becoming president had shot himself in the foot.

May the far right of the GOP party get their wishes and elected a far right wing nut for President in 2016.
That RINO does not represent our values.
If he got the nomination, then NO ONE
woud be offering original, orthodox Americanism in the election.
No one woud represent freedom in America.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 09:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

BillRM wrote:

That RINO does not represent our values.
If he got the nomination, then NO ONE
woud be offering original, orthodox Americanism in the election.
No one woud represent freedom in America.

Not another variation on "real Americans", David!

We all are real Americans...even the ones stupid and uncaring enough to disagree with you.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 06:21 pm
@Advocate,
For Christie, Politics Team Kept a Focus on Two Races

His campaign called them “the Top 100,” the swing towns that Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey wanted to win as he prepared for a re-election campaign. Capturing these towns, sometimes referred to as mini-Ohios or mini-Floridas, would validate the governor’s argument that he would be the most broadly appealing Republican choice for president in 2016.

Staff members in the governor’s office created tabbed and color-coded dossiers on the mayors of each town — who their friends and enemies were, the policies and projects that were dear to them — that were bound in notebooks for the governor to review in his S.U.V. between events.

Long after most of the State House had been shuttered for the night, Mr. Christie’s aides worked on spreadsheets, documenting calls and meetings with key players in the towns — one Republican called it “political Moneyball” — as the governor tried to win endorsements and friends.

Officially known as “intergovernmental affairs,” the operation was a key element of the permanent campaign that allowed Mr. Christie to win twice in a largely Democratic state. It was led by Bill Stepien, his two-time campaign manager and deputy chief of staff, and then by Bridget Anne Kelly, who succeeded him in his role in the governor’s office.

They were part of what one high-ranking Republican called “the crew” around Mr. Christie: friends who strategized at Mr. Christie’s kitchen table in Mendham and socialized with him in the governor’s box at MetLife Stadium.

Now this operation is at the heart of the growing scandal over the closing of lanes at the George Washington Bridge in an act of political retribution against the mayor of Fort Lee, N.J.

Mr. Christie has said that he had not been aware of his office’s involvement in the maneuver, and nothing has directly tied to him to it. But a close look at his operation and how intimately he was involved in it, described in interviews with dozens of people — Republican and Democrat, including current and former Christie administration officials, elected leaders and legislative aides — gives credence to the puzzlement expressed by some Republicans and many Democrats in the state, who question how a detail-obsessed governor could have been unaware of the closings or the effort over months to cover up the political motive.

Much more in this informative Times article today:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/29/nyregion/for-christie-politics-team-kept-a-focus-on-two-bids.html?action=click&contentCollection=N.Y.%20%2F%20Region&region=Footer&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=article
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 07:09 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
It appears Sandy Relief money was a "slush fund" for Christi's political ambitions.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 08:34 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
@Moment-in-Time,
It appears Sandy Relief money was a "slush fund" for Christi's political ambitions.

None of this surprises me. It's all about the money. Running the government to help 'the people' went out with Eisenhower. If it ever existed at all.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 04:59 am
@IRFRANK,
Quote:

@Moment-in-Time,

IRFRANK wrote:
None of this surprises me. It's all about the money. Running the government to help 'the people' went out with Eisenhower. If it ever existed at all.

Of course you're right, Irfrank; in politics there is always a quid pro quo. However, in the Christi case he seems to be several steps above them in elaborate deception. The culture of fear which permeates his entire administration, which it's said he micromanages at every level of local government, is staggering and most intimidating. To give Sandy Relief Funds to a Senior Citizen project that was in the pipeline long before his administration came into being and was not impacted directly by Sandy like so many Jerseyans, is UNforgiveable! To say to the major Dawn Zimmer, whose city, Hoboken, was devastated by the Hurricane that money would flow when she said yes to his pet project is unpardonable!

I will be overjoyed to see this monster brought down! I hope he's forced to step down....forget about impeachment....just let him GO AWAY!!!!!!

Have a good day.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 09:01 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
However, in the Christi case he seems to be several steps above them in elaborate deception.

I would agree. There is a scale from altruistic to absolute greed. I would agree Christie seems to be on the wrong end. I think after all this bad press he is done.
0 Replies