Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

Advocate

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:55 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I don't know, don't really have a crystal ball or politically savvy enough to guess which way all this is going to go down, with a fizzle or fire works, but, I think the image of Christie being a blunt spoken straight politician is tarnished a little for the people he needed in order to be considered a real competition for Hillary (should she run.) If the polls continue to fall along the lines they are now, with the democrats and independents, then I think republicans might want to think of someone else.

A potential Rep candidate would have to be far more than merely tarnished to be rejected by the GOP. The person would have to have had a stake inserted into his heart. After all, look back at Nixon who, when the VP, received slush-fund money, and was denigrated by Eisenhower, the president. He subsequently won two terms as president.
panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:20 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Not exactly a she said, she said, apparently one of the she's handed over documents and her daily journal to federal prosecutors.

Diary Schmiary. People write all sorts of things in their journals.
Unless there was a third party there to overhear the conversation it's a she said- she said
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:22 am
@Moment-in-Time,
I dig what you're saying MIT. Zimmer seems the more credible one.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:51 am
@panzade,
Quote:

I dig what you're saying MIT. Zimmer seems the more credible one.

Dawn Zimmer seems warm and touchable as well as rather frail and vulnerable. Most people instinctively believes her; Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno seems ice cold, calculating and untrustworthy, in my personal opinion. Stand the two women side by side and overwhelmingly Zimmer comes across as more warmly human.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 12:20 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:

A potential Rep candidate would have to be far more than merely tarnished to be rejected by the GOP. The person would have to have had a stake inserted into his heart. After all, look back at Nixon who, when the VP, received slush-fund money, and was denigrated by Eisenhower, the president. He subsequently won two terms as president.

LOL! Could not agree more. In fact the base of the Republican Party ruled by the Tea Party would prefer someone who is ruthlessly scheming and cunning; however, these candidates rarely get elected by mainstream America. I recall when former Congressman Allen West described DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz as "vile, despicable and cowardly," and said she was "not a lady." This slime went on the web and started raising money from the Republican Party. Ted Cruz (a fanatic from outer space) is a darling of the Tea Party as is Rubio and Paul Rand, possibly Paul Ryan as well. It seems the nastier the GOP politician is the more he is backed by the Tea Party.

Christi's luck, IMO, has run out. He has surely been damaged, and the investigations have just commenced. His political problems promise to drag on for months, soiling his public image, meanwhile, his polls are continuing to shrink.
panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 12:27 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
What you're implying is that Guadagno is the spittin' image of Christie, only the female version. As part of the henchmen she's not getting much love is she?
panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 12:30 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Allan West is a good example. He was defeated by an acquaintance of mine. A political neophyte named Patrick Murphy.
The people of Florida's 18thCongressional district didn't fall for West's crap
anonymously99

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 12:52 pm
@panzade,
There is money everywhere panzade. What are you talking about.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 01:07 pm
@anonymously99,
Lieing. Lieing. Lieing. As I sit here thinking to myself lieing.

Want to know? who's lieing. Find proof against the opposing parties. Then go from there. Pictures are good. But not likely. Difficult to get sh*t - evidence - [that] good. What is being displayed before your eyes? hard to understand whether it makes sense? or not. Then do as I've once mentioned. Innocent till proven guilty. Reasonable doubt? Is just another term for.. you have a 50% chance of being fooled.

For example. Adults younger in age have greater disadvantage than adults older in age simply because adults older in age are older in age. It is not possible thousands may believe that adults younger in age be more intelligent than adults older in age.

As I sit here and think to myself what the hell is anonymously99 talking about.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 01:12 pm
@anonymously99,

I think anonymously99 is being sarcastic again.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 04:49 pm
@Advocate,
Wow. I'll go read up.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 05:21 pm
Well, personally I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a party in power would use that power to convince or coerce a member of the minority party to acquiesce on a matter before the legislature.
PPPHHHhhhhfffftt.

Here's what the problem is: assholes don't know how to bully. You've got Governors everywhere who seem to be able to get what they want done with juuussssttttt enough armtwisting and French Kisses, maybe a reach around, but still, they are getting things done the way they want it done.

Christie's problem, for me, has always been that he treats everyone, friend and foe, with the same kind of watchful disdain he had for the criminally accused he once prosecuted.

Blagojevich, what a piece of work he was, was the same.

Jan Brewer (Arizona) and Scott Walker (Wisconsin) are the same kind '**** you, get out of my way' idiots.

They all need anger management classes.

~~My prediction for Christie is he will serve out his second term and become a senior vice president for an Atlantic City Gambling and Hospitality Company. ~~

Joe(Not Trump's but someone's)Nation
Advocate

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 05:55 pm
@Joe Nation,
Of course it is not very shocking to find that a governor or other pol making demands in return for government benefits. However, it is very interesting and kind of fun when one of the big boys (or girls) gets caught. Bridgegate is especially interesting since it concerns a governor who seemed to be moving on greased skids leading to the White House.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 06:22 pm
Interestingly, Rep. Bob McDonnell, the former governor of Virginia, as well as his wife, have just been indicted for corruption. He and his wife accepted handsome gifts from a drug executive while he was still in office.

What is going on with Republican governors?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 06:31 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Interestingly, Rep. Bob McDonnell, the former governor of Virginia, as well as his wife, have just been indicted for corruption. He and his wife accepted handsome gifts from a drug executive while he was still in office.

What is going on with Republican governors?
I thought u wrote FORMER governor.
panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 06:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

He did. Does that make it less embarrassing ?
By the way. Both McDonnell and Christie are from the class of '09.
Strange bunch
BillRM

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:24 pm
It is a shame that he had appear to have shot himself in the head.

Quote:
That’s from his second inaugural address, delivered today. Here’s more from Christie, courtesy of the Drug Policy Alliance:
“We will end the failed war on drugs that believes that incarceration is the cure of every ill caused by drug abuse. We will make drug treatment available to as many of our non-violent offenders as we can and we will partner with our citizens to create a society that understands this simple truth: every life has value and no life is disposable.”
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:33 pm
@panzade,

Quote:

panzade wrote:
He did. Does that make it less embarrassing ?
YES. Much less. He was an ordinary citizen.

panzade wrote:

By the way. Both McDonnell and Christie are from the class of '09.
Strange bunch
I remain un-prejudiced against 2009.
It was a good year.

David
anonymously99

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:42 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Ah. So you folks have humor, yes?

As I sit here thinking to myself I wonder what they're talking about.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:46 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
McDonnell only left office this month when his successor was sworn in Jan 11th. He was indicted for acts committed while governor.
0 Replies