Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:18 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
that's cute

Do you want to come back in 2016 and remind him of this ...or should i?

There is already a rather long line of people waiting to remind me.

But it is a bit unnecessary. I'm not a particularly forgetful person. Baring some sort of horrible head injury or something similar, I will have no trouble remembering that I've "predicted the inevitable".

If something is clearly inevitable though, is it really a prediction when you observe the fact that it is inevitable?
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Your assertion is doubtful, in part because it is not an issue that many americans care much about at the moment.

The reason the Democrats are doomed in 2016 is not direct revulsion over the gun control debacle, but rather it will happen because Obama is a do-nothing president.

Voters tend to dislike do-nothing presidents, and they tend to put the other party in the White House when it happens.

Obama's gun control debacle is significant because that is the reason why Obama is a do-nothing president.

Obama had a huge amount of political capital at the beginning of his second term, and he could have used it to get Congress to pass a major program. Maybe environmental legislation; maybe something else. Having done that, he would have had momentum to get a slightly smaller program passed. Maybe immigration reform. Maybe he could have gotten Congress to balance the budget. And with those victories under his belt, he would have had momentum to push through a few pieces of minor legislation.

But instead, Obama wasted every last bit of his political capital ranting futilely against the indomitable might of the NRA. Now he has no political capital with which he can achieve anything, and no momentum with which he can achieve anything.

By the time 2016 rolls around, the voters are going to be a bit tired of the fact that Obama hasn't done anything in the previous six years. That's going to be an easy Republican win.

Granted, the Republicans could still blow the election and hand it to the Democrats. But it's theirs to lose.
panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:44 pm
@oralloy,
With all due respect, I think Hawk has it right and Hillary has it to lose.
Gun control only matters when a cuckoo uses a big magazine to kill a bunch of children.
http://www.district35democrats.org/Photos%20and%20artwork/Obama%20accomplishments%20as%20of%20Jan%202012.jpg
panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:45 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
If something is clearly inevitable though, is it really a prediction when you observe the fact that it is inevitable?

No, and I respect your brevity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:49 pm
@panzade,
We could make it a parade..
panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:56 pm
@ossobuco,
And you! You little side of pork. I want people to remember what you wrote 2 weeks ago
Quote:
How did this thread turn into yet another fire arms blow by blow? Did I miss some key sentence about how this so called Bridgegate had to do with David's freedom?

I'm still interested in matters re Christie and his import re u.s. politics given new revelations.

And no, I don't think my writing about Christie going for rebuilding asap is off topic. I acknowledge many people including Obama and Farmerman are fine with that rebuilding happening fast, but the speed may well be a politically enhanced take. I get it that it isn't the most questionable of Christie's exploits over the years.

AHA! You had it figured out, didn't you?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:58 pm
@panzade,
I'm smarter than I sound...
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:03 pm
@ossobuco,
I think that the reason Dems are scared of Christie is that maybe many of THEM would vote for him and this scares the VERYBODU FOR HILLARY faction.
Consider these alternative Darth Vader extreme conservative types who only appeal to their bases, no matter what Obamas numbers , the DEMS wont vote for a Ramalama Paul or Boobie Jindal.
Christie scares DEMS and GOPS for separate reasons.

AS far as rebuilding NJ quicker, since when is that a political ploy??
Turns out that the pace has slowed appreciably as contracts have gotten gesmerched and "plums" have been assigned.
For the GOP, its his nomination to lose and I think the conservative wacka doo faction is helping the news find more dirt on him.

POLITICS IS still your greatest entertainment
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:16 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
With all due respect, I think Hawk has it right and Hillary has it to lose.

No chance. 2016 is already a guaranteed Republican win. It's inevitable now.

panzade wrote:
Gun control only matters when a cuckoo uses a big magazine to kill a bunch of children.

Gun control matters when it results in a party losing control of Congress (note the 1994 election).

Gun control also matters when it results in a president not getting any legislation passed for six straight years, causing the voters to hand the White House over to the opposing political party (note the 2016 election).
anonymously99

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:21 pm
@oralloy,
.. the thread continues.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Actually, Obama's gun control debacle has made it a virtual certainty that the Republicans will retake the White House in 2016

Quote:
The reason the Democrats are doomed in 2016 is not direct revulsion over the gun control debacle, but rather it will happen because Obama is a do-nothing president.

WOW, talk about goal post moving.

Actually, Obama is not a do nothing President, he is a do very little competently president. The 2016 race will almost certainly be about our failing economy and declining standard of living, because I dont think that D efforts to change the debate to a war on the rich will work.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

There is a big difference between the real scandal being faced by Christie and the countless fake scandals being drummed up against Obama.

I hope I don't embarrass you, Maxdancona, by saying I think your statement above is simply magnificent!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:26 pm
@oralloy,
All due respect...I look at it as the GOP being a blocking agent of a do-nothing legislative branch...how can you blame Obama?
http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/blog_senate_republicans_heds.jpg

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
WOW

When is the last time the party controlling the White House passed zero legislation for six straight years, and the voters kept that party in charge of the White House?
panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:29 pm
@oralloy,
http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/politifact%2Fphotos%2FZero_on_Job_Creation.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:32 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
WOW

When is the last time the party controlling the White House passed zero legislation for six straight years, and the voters kept that party in charge of the White House?

Nobody cares, because America is suffering from a lack of leadership and the D/R blame game has lost its ability to divert our attention from this truth. If the R's want the White House they best come up with some ideas on how to move America forwards. Same for the D's. SO far nothing of value is coming out of Washington, from either party.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
talk about goal post moving.

No goal posts have been moved. You did not realize how Obama's gun control debacle is going to result in the Republicans taking the White House in 2016, so I explained the process in greater detail.

hawkeye10 wrote:
Actually, Obama is not a do nothing President,

When is the last time he got any legislation passed through Congress?

Anything in the six year period from 2010 to 2016?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:38 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
You did not realize how Obama's gun control debacle is going to result in the Republicans taking the White House in 2016, so I explained the process in greater detail.

Obama miscalculated, again..... this is all about Obama's failings not the D's in general.

Did you see where Gates says that Biden has a solid record of being wrong 100% of the time? Obama/Biden make one hell of a hapless team.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:48 pm
@farmerman,
I've not been very scared of Christie - I might have, not knowing much, liked him better than some others. I don't like Hillary much myself, but better, I suppose, than Christie. I did sort of like that Gary guy from New Mexico who ran as independent, but also didn't know all of his views.

I was all for fast tracking help to those in need in the weeks after Sandy. Not so sure about all the fortifications, the walling of the shore. I don't know on that.
Governors do tend to jump fast for political reasons. Right now in California, Brown has taken his time to call drought measure, since they can be so onerous to many.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The 2016 race will almost certainly be about our failing economy and declining standard of living, because I dont think that D efforts to change the debate to a war on the rich will work.

That could well be the issue that people talk about during the election. But that doesn't mean Obama's failure to get any legislation passed for six straight years won't weigh down the Democratic Party.
0 Replies