Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:53 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
still denying what I posted eh?

I'm not going to stop defending the truth just because you don't like it.

farmerman wrote:
Then your argument is with history not me.

No. I have no argument with history. You are the one who posted the untrue claim.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
BUT I wonder how you can deny what is in the record?

There is nothing in the record that is even remotely like what you claim.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 09:05 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
I 'm pleased with this scandal or alleged scandal.

I don t want him interfering with a real, intense freedom-loving Republican to be nominated for President.

Why do you believe that Mr. Christie is not such a freedom lover?

It appears to me that he is the only one of the pack who has an actual record of defending the Second Amendment.
As I vaguely remember,
his record was not that great. Did he make some anti-freedom noises??

I 've not been watching him too closely, that I recall offhand,
but I remember him as a RINO.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 09:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
As I vaguely remember,

I just looked these pages up:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Chris_Christie_Gun_Control.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Jeb_Bush_Gun_Control.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Bobby_Jindal_Gun_Control.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Marco_Rubio_Gun_Control.htm
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 09:34 am
@Advocate,
Quote:

Be careful of what you say about Chris. You just may find Guido ringing your doorbell.

When it comes to the "Guidos", many Christi victims will NOT be as apprehensive with respect to coming forward. It's not the "Guidos" Christi victims have to be concerned about but the spiteful need for PERSONAL petty vindictiveness by the governor, himself. Chris Christi once quoted another: "We don't forgive,we get even!" I'm still most curious how many Dem mayors he intimidated into supporting him and if they, like Dawn Zimmer, will eventually have the courage to step forward in today's especial climate of direct concentration on Governor Chris Christi of New Jersey."
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 09:49 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:

Be careful of what you say about Chris. You just may find Guido ringing your doorbell.

When it comes to the "Guidos", many Christi victims will NOT be as apprehensive with respect to coming forward. It's not the "Guidos" Christi victims have to be concerned about but the spiteful need for PERSONAL petty vindictiveness by the governor, himself. Chris Christi once quoted another: "We don't forgive,we get even!" I'm still most curious how many Dem mayors he intimidated into supporting him and if they, like Dawn Zimmer, will eventually have the courage to step forward in today's especial climate of direct concentration on Governor Chris Christi of New Jersey."

Right on, MiT.

First of all, anyone from New Jersey knows that Guido does NOT ring doorbells! Nor does he knock.

Second of all...the scandal may be one of the best things ever to happen to the nation. Christie would have made a miserable president.

He still may get it...if a bunch of miracles happen to set it up, but it is one of those things that would be better not to happen.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 09:54 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
As I vaguely remember,

I just looked these pages up:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Chris_Christie_Gun_Control.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Jeb_Bush_Gun_Control.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Bobby_Jindal_Gun_Control.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Marco_Rubio_Gun_Control.htm
Thank u, Oralloy. That was helpful.
Christy does not look good.
He might just as well say
that he favors slavery and incest on alternate days of the week.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:26 am
@Frank Apisa,

Quote:
Advocate wrote:

Quote:
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

First of all, anyone from New Jersey knows that Guido does NOT ring doorbells! Nor does he knock.

Second of all...the scandal may be one of the best things ever to happen to the nation. Christie would have made a miserable president.

He still may get it...if a bunch of miracles happen to set it up, but it is one of those things that would be better not to happen.

You voice a valid point, Frank Apisa, that the real possibility Christi might get the GOP nomination cannot be dismissed. My rationality for agreeing with you is the GOP simply doesn't have anyone credible to fit mainstream America. Christi, by intimidating Dems into supporting him, tried to create the image he was the right Republican who could reach across the isles and unite America.

Rand Paul, as described by the "Wall Street Journal" is "UNFIT to be Commander-n-Chief." The WSJ argument is Edward Snowden, the man who stole over a million Classified documents and spit for Hong Kong, finally ending up in Russia as a "national hero" is in fact a dishonorable citizen who did a lot of harm to America and America's allies. I am not a fan of the Wall Street Journal, but I could have kissed them castigating Paul Rand publicly and for having the headlines on the front page of their paper.

Paul Ryan is indescribably not for Americans but for the super rich. Rubio is so wishy washy I turn the channel every time this hypocritical opportunist speaks. Ted Cruz is a McCarthy clone. There is no Republican presidential candidate who commands the required respect for one seeking the highest position in the land.

If Hillary runs she would dwarf them. I like Hillary and would vote for her but I wish Elizabeth Warren were running!!!!!

Back to Christi, I firmly believe, by the time these investigations are complete, the public will have a deeper insight into the perfidious personality of Chris Christi. He has already been damaged. Everyone who knows Christi is aware he runs a hands-on administration, a tight ship. Now for the sake of political expediency he doesn't hesitate to throw his trusted loyalists under the bus.

(When King Henry II asks "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?" his courtiers don't need written instructions concerning Thomas Becket.)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:34 am
Quote:
Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks? And would it matter?

Good question Hawk.

It doesn't matter because Sandygate is gonna bury him.

But what irritates me is watching Fox news trying to equate this issue with Bhengazi and IRS

Every night, Megyn (Farts on Air) parades a bunch of "experts" in front of the viewers to educate us on why Obama's sins are worse than Christie's.
http://images.nymag.com/news/media/ailes110530_250.jpg

The Republican Party is gonna lose again if they don't stop spewing the ignorant filth dredged from the right-wing subconscious.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:46 am
@panzade,
Quote:

It doesn't matter because Sandygate is gonna bury him.

You make a most interesting point. How this Sandy humanitarian aid relief money was/is used is a critical argument. Did Christi take part of this emergency money to fund commercials to make himself look good for his reelection? Did he dole it out only to those who promised faithfully to endorse his campaign,making him look like the exact type of Republican the GOP sorely needed?!

It doesn't look good for the treacherous Christi.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:52 am
The Star-Ledger is New Jersey's largest newspaper, by far...and its headline today (in huge font) is:

New scandal erupts over Sandy funding

One of the city mayors (Hoboken) accuses our Lt. Governor and other administration officials of trying to trade city approval of certain development projects...for millions of dollars of hurricane relief.

It surprise me to find that this administration is rotten to the core. I know it is especially fond of using strong arm tactics to get what it wants.

That kind of crap comes from the top.

Lots more to come.

Christie has been playing hardball with politicians all over the state. Now the chickens are coming home to roost.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 12:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Excerpts from the Sunday Star-Ledger:

"Florida Gov. Rick Scott, a fellow Republican, declined to hold any public events with New Jersey’s celebrity governor, a rarity in the middle of a re-election campaign."

Continuing:
Excerpts from the SundayStar-Ledger:

"If this continues, he clearly can’t perform the functions of the chair, which is to go in and put the spotlight on GOP gubernatorial candidates on the ballot in November," said Larry Sabato, a political science professor at the University of Virginia. "If he’s going to go into a state to help … but then he becomes the issue and generates negative headlines, then he can’t serve as RGA chair, it’s obvious."

The governor had a former ally, Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer, to thank for the latest fusillade of criticism. In a 40-minute interview broadcast nationwide on MSNBC, Zimmer charged that top administration officials threatened to choke her city’s disaster-relief funding after Hurricane Sandy unless she approved a development project Christie wanted on the waterfront.

A spokesman for the governor, Colin Reed, returned fire later in the day. "It’s very clear partisan politics are at play here as Democratic mayors with a political ax to grind come out of the woodwork and try to get their faces on television," he said.

An RGA spokesman, Jon Thompson, said Christie would press on with his Florida itinerary today. "All the fundraising events are still on," he said.

In Orlando, Scott’s campaign received a $2.5 million donation from the Christie-led RGA yesterday, he said. The press was turned away by city police officers at the main entryway as donors filtered in driving Cadillacs, BMWs, Lexuses and a Rolls-Royce. Christie’s black SUVs arrived through a back entrance.

In his absence, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), was happy to address the crowds of reporters camped outside Christie’s events.

'CHRISTIE BLASTED

In an interview with The Star-Ledger, Wasserman Schultz blasted Christie and the administration officials, claiming they "threatened" Zimmer.

"It’s just another example of the pattern of bullying and intimidation and retribution that takes place if you don’t do what Chris Christie wants," she said. "My understanding was that 80 percent of Hoboken was underwater, that they desperately needed those recovery funds."

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/scandal_allegations_dog_chris_christie_during_his_florida_fundraising_trip.html
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 12:52 pm
When Rick Scott won't be seen with you...well, need I say more?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:07 pm
A year or so ago there were some A2Kers liking this guy, saying that he is the one R they could vote for.

OOPS!
panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sorta like Romney

OOPS!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:18 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
The Republican Party is gonna lose again if they don't stop spewing the ignorant filth dredged from the right-wing subconscious.

Actually, Obama's gun control debacle has made it a virtual certainty that the Republicans will retake the White House in 2016. The election is just going to be a formality to ratify the inevitable.

The only question now is who the Republicans will choose to be our next president.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:33 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
WHICH PARTY DO YOU TRUST MORE
D
R

Economy
40%
44%
Nat'l Security & War on Terror
36%
48%
Job Creation
42%
44%
Energy Policy
42%
39%
Afghanistan
40%
37%
Immigration
38%
44%
Gov't Ethics & Corruption
37%
37%
Taxes
37%
44%
Health Care
39%
43%
Social Security
39%
40%
Education
39%
36%
Environment
51%
34%
Gov't Spending
36%
49%
Issues Affecting Small Business
41%
45%
Gun Control
44%
43%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues
Your assertion is doubtful, in part because it is not an issue that many americans care much about at the moment.

Quote:
Only 4 percent of Americans think guns and gun control are an important problem facing the country, according to Gallup, and far more Americans are concerned about the economy, unemployment and the federal debt - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gallup-only-4-americans-think-gun-control-important-problem#sthash.pF7VdJWX.dpuf
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:34 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

panzade wrote:

Actually, Obama's gun control debacle has made it a virtual certainty that the Republicans will retake the White House in 2016. The election is just going to be a formality to ratify the inevitable.

The only question now is who the Republicans will choose to be our next president.

that's cute
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Thank u, Oralloy. That was helpful.
Christy does not look good.
He might just as well say
that he favors slavery and incest on alternate days of the week.

What I take from it is that he will pander to either side of the gun control issue depending on what benefits him the most, recognizes that it is to his benefit to pander to us on a national level, and is going full speed ahead with his pandering.

As pandering goes, vetoing an outrageous ban on .50 BMG rifles is some pretty nice pandering.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:03 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
that's cute

Do you want to come back in 2016 and remind him of this ...or should i?