Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 10:58 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
However, it indicates how the court is leaning on a certain issue.
Do u accuse the USSC of prejudice ?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:14 am
Here is a new bombshell is Bridgegage. Mayor Zimmer of Hoboken just said publicly that top Christie people told her that her city would get Sandy aid if she supported a Christie-backed real estate project for the city. She declined and the city got about $300,000, despite damage of about $100 million. The Christie people deny the conversation took place.

nj.com

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 12:24 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Here is a new bombshell is Bridgegage. Mayor Zimmer of Hoboken just said publicly that top Christie people told her that her city would get Sandy aid if she supported a Christie-backed real estate project for the city. She declined and the city got about $300,000, despite damage of about $100 million. The Christie people deny the conversation took place.

Yep, heard that earlier. I am watching this unfold. This Christi scandal is mind-blowing! I watched the Mayor of Hoboken, Dawn Zimmer, earlier on MSNBC's "UP w/Steve KORNACKI. This is just the beginning of an investigation which is slowly unforlding because Christi's contamination is wide-ranging and everywhere.

Christi is *slightly* concerned regarding his presidential ambitions, but personally, I believe in the end he should be more worried about ending up in prison.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 01:02 pm
If not Bridgegate or this story Christie hopefully will be impeached if he doesn't resign because a culture of bullying and mob style business practices will come from this.

Bombshell: Hoboken Mayor Zimmer alleges Christie allies held Sandy relief funds hostage

Quote:
n an exclusive interview on Saturday with MSNBC’s Steve Kornacki, Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer said New Jersey Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno and community affairs commissioner Richard Constable delivered a message on behalf of Governor Chris Christie: Approve a ‘lucrative redevelopment plan favored by the governor’ or ‘be starved of hurricane relief money.’

“The fact is, the Lt. Gov came to Hoboken and she pulled me aside in the parking lot and she said, ‘I know that it’s not right, I know that this thing should not be connected, but they are. And if you tell anyone, I’ll deny it,’” claimed Mayor Zimmer.

Zimmer continued, “…the bottom line is that it’s not fair for the governor to hold Sandy funds for the city of Hobokoen because he wants me to give back to one private developer …I cannot give a windfall to one property owner because the governor wants me to in exchange for the Sandy funds.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Screenshot-Mayor-Dawn-Zimmer-from-Up-with-Steve-Kornacki-615x345.jpg
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 02:29 pm

I 'm pleased with this scandal or alleged scandal.

I don t want him interfering with a real, intense freedom-loving Republican to be nominated for President.

David
Advocate

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 08:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Be careful of what you say about Chris. You just may find Guido ringing your doorbell.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 12:06 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Be careful of what you say about Chris.
You just may find Guido ringing your doorbell.
Thanx for the warning.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 06:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I don t want him interfering with a real, intense freedom-loving Republican to be nominated for President.

David you mean the same freedom loving Republicans who wish to stop as many of the poor from voting as possible or who wish to place a Ultrasonic Probe inside a woman against her will as a barrier to getting an abortion?

Not freedom loving if you happen to be poor or a woman it would seems.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 06:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Thay r obiter dicta, and not a source of judicial authority on those points.
The fact that both ADvocate and I stated was that these points WERE stated by Scalia. Your little friend Orlloy seems to be denying everything. I agree that these statements are asides to the decision and are NOT binding. They re, as intended, to be compelling however.

You , at least are being honest and for that I thqnk you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 06:41 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
BillRM wrote:
David you mean the same freedom loving Republicans who wish to stop
as many of the poor from voting as possible
No; I am confident that the Demos have been guilty of vastly more voting fraud than the GOP.
Mayor Daily of Chicago bragged about stealing the election of 1960 for Kennedy, until the day he died.
We had big problems in NY with Demo voter fraud.

BillRM wrote:
or who wish to place a Ultrasonic Probe inside
a woman against her will as a barrier to getting an abortion?

Not freedom loving if you happen to be poor or a woman it would seems.
That is liberal. It is authoritarian.
I favor 100% freedom of abortion,
the same as removal of any other parasite.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 06:56 am
@farmerman,
DAVID wrote:
Thay r obiter dicta, and not a source of judicial authority on those points.
farmerman wrote:
The fact that both ADvocate and I stated was that these points WERE stated by Scalia. Your little friend Orlloy seems to be denying everything. I agree that these statements are asides to the decision and are NOT binding.
They re, as intended, to be compelling however.
Thay are not compelling
because thay were not decided
because thay were not argued and hence
were not subjected to judicial analysis.

Indeed, if I remember accurately,
there is some contradiction in the dicta having said
that doubt shud not be cast on statutes against machineguns,
in addition to more dicta admitting that the legitimacy
of civilian possession of (fully automatic) M-16s remains to be decided in the future.

Bill Bennett has never been among any heros of mine!!!

I do not recognize him as any conservative.
He is a liberal, authoritarian theocrat.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 07:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
No; I am confident that the Demos have been guilty of vastly more voting fraud than the GOP.
Mayor Daily of Chicago bragged about stealing the election of 1960 for Kennedy, until the day he died.

Nonsense as for example in the case of PA not one person could be found to had voted illegally in the whole state for the last ten years or so but that was the excuse being employee to made it harder for the poor by the hundreds of thousands to vote in that state.

Let be honest there had been no showing of any serous voter fraud in any state in this union of late and the few cases that had come to light had deal with absentee voting. Voting that due to it normally favoring the GOP there had been no new laws addressing.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 07:32 am
@BillRM,
DAVID wrote:
BillRM wrote:
Nonsense as for example in the case of PA not one person could be found to had voted illegally in the whole state for the last ten years or so but that was the excuse being employee to made it harder for the poor by the hundreds of thousands to vote in that state.

Let be honest there had been no showing of any serous voter fraud in any state in this union of late and the few cases that had come to light had deal with absentee voting. Voting that due to it normally favoring the GOP there had been no new laws addressing.
Pa. is the State wherein the judge, presumably a Demo,
voided the statute requiring pictures on voter id.
The Demos are fighting mightily to defend voter fraud.
It is ez for anyone to get his picture taken.
Thay can have cameras installed at the Board of Elections
where registration is done. Thay do it for driver 's licenses; no problem.

Thay have PLENTY OF TIME to have their pictures taken.

David
BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 07:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Once more nonsense as the GOP had been completely unable to show voters fraud in PA and the GOP lawmakers that passed the anti-poor voters law in PA brag how it would win the Whitehouse for them.

Next you needed to go back over fifty years to claim widespread Dem voters fraud!!!!!!!!

No the GOP are hardly freedom lovers in any way.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 07:53 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Once more nonsense as the GOP had been completely unable to show voters fraud in PA
and the GOP lawmakers that passed the anti-poor voters law in PA brag how it would win the Whitehouse for them.
Yea, by defeating Demo voter fraud!!!

For the sake of argument,
let us concede, for the moment, your argument of no showing
of voter fraud in the past. THAT STILL IS NO REASON AGAINST
PUTTING PICTURES ON VOTER ID.s IN THE FUTURE

Thay have plenty of time to get their pictures taken.
It will be interesting to see how high up
this will be appealed and what the ultimate result will be.

It shud be embarrassing for the Demos
to be so nakedly fighting for fraud.
BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:02 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Passing laws that interfere with valid voters from being able to vote when no showing could be made showing any need for those laws to blocked non-valid voting should never be allow by the courts.

The PA case is an open and shut example of the GOP willingness to block valid voters from the polls who are unlikely to vote for them.

No the GOP is not a freedom loving party in any way or in any manner.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I 'm pleased with this scandal or alleged scandal.

Why do you believe that Mr. Christie is not such a freedom lover?

It appears to me that he is the only one of the pack who has an actual record of defending the Second Amendment.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:09 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The fact that both ADvocate and I stated was that these points WERE stated by Scalia.

No, Justice Scalia never said anything even remotely like what you guys claim he said.

farmerman wrote:
Your little friend Oralloy seems to be denying everything.

I am in the habit of denying things that are not true.

farmerman wrote:
I agree that these statements are asides to the decision and are NOT binding. They re, as intended, to be compelling however.

Only the real statements are intended to be compelling. There is no such intent for the imaginary statements.

farmerman wrote:
You, at least are being honest and for that I thqnk you.

Feel free to try to point out any facts that I am wrong about.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:23 am
@oralloy,
still denying what I posted eh? Then your argument is with history not me.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:26 am
@farmerman,
Should I have used persuasive? instead?

I looked in the legal dictionary and got the term of obiter dicta being "Persuasive".

BUT I wonder how you can deny what is in the record?