The President is speaking in a bit (WATCH IT!)

hobitbob

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:15 pm
Did the mumbling and stutter remind anyone else of the results of alcoholic encephalopathy?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:17 pm
After Joe and LW, I find myself completely bershmoozled by Foxfyre's statement... "He's not scripted or coached."

When asked "Why are you attending the 9-11 commission in the company of your nanny?", he showed exactly how unscripted he is. The follow up by same questioner, asking same question again, resulted in the same (word for word) evasion. But what else could he do? Certainly honesty wouldn't work on that one either.

HOW ON EARTH IS IT THAT ANY OF YOU ARE COMFORTED BY HIS RESOLVE????? OSAMA IS RESOLVED TOO. IT MEANS NOTHING.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

kickycan wrote:
It does sound like a great idea. But the question is, how? How do we spread freedom? What has Bush done to spread freedom, and are his methods working? Are they sound?

Think about it Kicky. If we suceed at bringing democracy there, we will have suceeded at bringing freedom someplace many thought impossible. That's a fine start.

ehBeth wrote:
Freedom from who? Freedom for who? At what cost?
In order: Freedom from Despots, Freedom for HUMAN BEINGS, and I don't much care what my share of the cost is.
0 Replies

blatham

other than arrogant certainty
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:18 pm
[/QUOTE]With the body languge it was even worse!
Quote:

Too true. I could not believe his performance tonight.

What do you think will happen as a result of this? My feeling is that everyone will rally 'round. No one will give a real-life assessment. We are as wimpy as any other outspoken democracy. We will mumble, shuffle, and go about our lives. We are shamed, utterly and completely shamed, by what our president said and did tonight.

Those of you who say he is not articulate and excuse him thus...? I say..if he cannot explicate and extemporize to even the smallest degree...where will he be when we need his wisdom and sudden-response?

Don't ask me about Kerry. That is a different issue.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:20 pm
blatham wrote:
HOW ON EARTH IS IT THAT ANY OF YOU ARE COMFORTED BY HIS RESOLVE????? OSAMA IS RESOLVED TOO. IT MEANS NOTHING.
Quite simply: OSAMA HAS VOWED TO KILL US. BUSH HAS VOWED TO PROTECT US. I'm glad his resolve is equal that of our enemies.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:21 pm
McGentrix, Reagan was suffereing from early stage Alzheimers and did better than Shrub! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

angie

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:22 pm

OCCOM:

Do you honestly believe Bush cares about the Iraqi people? What about the people in other countries being brutalized by dictators? Why aren't we invading the Sudan, or North Korea ? No, Bill, this war did not happen because Bush "cared" about the Iraqi people.

Whatever his motivation was, however, it is clear that he and his administration did not think this through intelligently, and "way" overestimated their ability to deal with what should have been the predictably complicated aftermath of "Shock and Awe".

I drew a parallel with Vietnam because, in that conflict as well, our leaders refused to admit their error and prolonged that costly and horrific conflict.

In this case, however, Bush's war has gone even further than Vietnam. When we left Vietnam, the country united, Ho hi Min became its leader, and there were pretty much no repurcussions for the rest of the world. Bush's war has actually made the world less safe from terrorism by inciting and uniting terrorists, and fueling their ranks for years to come.

0 Replies

Brand X

Lucky for Bush the pundits will take over from here and articulate the points that he couldn't/can't.

There will be just as much of the public who will absorb the message from pundits as bothered to listen to his bumbling conference.
0 Replies

soserene

Whaddaya expect from a cheesehead
*sigh*
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:23 pm
I really think McGentrix was being facetious. Or is it fatuous?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:23 pm
As an example of a talking point...Bush tonight, and Ashcroft today (9-11 testimony) and Rice last week (9-11) each said "the terrorists only need to get it right once, we need to get it right every time".
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:25 pm
This is JUUUUST great... I don't know much about Politics so I never look in here...
and what do I walk in on?
Kc AND occom carrying on a serious discussion.
I feel like I just found out Santa isnt' real.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:27 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
kickycan wrote:
It does sound like a great idea. But the question is, how? How do we spread freedom? What has Bush done to spread freedom, and are his methods working? Are they sound?

Think about it Kicky. If we suceed at bringing democracy there, we will have suceeded at bringing freedom someplace many thought impossible. That's a fine start.

Does this mean that you believe that we should then invade countries in order to bring freedom? I think there has got to be a better way.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:27 pm
I can't wait to see tomorrows Daily Show!!!!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:28 pm
I heard Karl Rove and Andy Card have been hired to write the script for the next Scooby Doo movie.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:29 pm
soserene wrote:
This is JUUUUST great... I don't know much about Politics so I never look in here...

He isn't? Shocked
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:29 pm
feolola -- Jon Stewart is likely celebrating tonight. So much material, it will fill the show for more than a week.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:30 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quite simply: OSAMA HAS VOWED TO KILL US. BUSH HAS VOWED TO PROTECT US. I'm glad his resolve is equal that of our enemies.

bill

Come on, you've got a more discerning mind than that. Can you seriously imagine any other person who might have been in the presidency at 9-11 responding much differently (aside from Iraq, of course)? The number of times a person says he is brave or smart or resolved or has a big dick, to that proportion you can profitably assume he probably doesn't or hasn't or isn't. Bush's resolve is show time. It's 'war president' presentation. It's carl rove's script....for goodness sake, bill.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 08:31 pm
soserene wrote:

You are right. What the hell am I doing? F*ck GWB, and f*ck you, Bill, you moron! Laughing

Just kidding.
0 Replies