Iran nuclear deal signed in Geneva

snood

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:13 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Quote:
Israel is more likely to start a nuclear confrontation than anyone else.

Such ignorance and bias undermines any credibility.

I agree with Izzy. Netanyahu has been more vocal and aggressive about the prospect of going to war than any other leader in the region. And Israel is the best equipped to do so.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:19 pm
@RABEL222,
He's visited us many times, knows us fairly well, and his wife, hi, Ulla, knows us too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:27 pm
@snood,
I am no fan of Netanyahu.
Do you know that Ragman is?

Whether he is or isn't, I also don't know, israelis are not a concrete block, except maybe in the christian u.s. congress. The same goes on with other places.
snood

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 05:15 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I am no fan of Netanyahu.
Do you know that Ragman is?

Whether he is or isn't, I also don't know, israelis are not a concrete block, except maybe in the christian u.s. congress. The same goes on with other places.

Really not sure what you're getting at here. I was responding to Ragman's statement that Izzy was wrong for saying Israel is most likely to start a nuclear confrontation. I don't know who is or isn't a fan of Netanyahu's, but my opinion is that Netanyahu has been the most provocative leader in that region.
parados

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 05:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
This a bad deal because it insures (barring some unexpected internal miracle) Iran a very bad actor on the world stage will have nuclear weapons within the next ten year.

It doesn't insure that. In fact the deal continues for 15-20. No deal means they could have nuclear weapons in 2 months. There is no other deal to make at this point. Either you accept a 10-20 year time frame or you accept a 2 month time frame. I wonder which you would prefer in reality.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 06:38 pm
@parados,
Quote:
There is no other deal to make
that enables America to fund terrorism. And give more time to spend that money for conventional weapons, like their missiles from Russia.

There is an excellent chance at heart Obama is still a Shiite Muslim. I can't think of one thing a Muslim wouldn't do that he has.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 07:08 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I agree with Izzy. Netanyahu has been more vocal and aggressive about the prospect of going to war than any other leader in the region. And Israel is the best equipped to do so.

Mr. Netanyahu has been vocal about bombing illegal nuclear facilities in order to prevent a nuclear war.

He has not been vocal about Israel using nuclear weapons against anyone.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 07:17 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Netanyahu has been more vocal and aggressive about the prospect of going to war than any other leader in the region.

Do you think that has anything to do with being surrounded by enemies? I do. And any common sense injected into the argument would tell anyone that thinks self defense is a right not a privilege, and that Bibi does what he has to.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 07:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And I think I heard that only one of these brave warriors has joined the fray against ISIS. But whisper in my ear Osso the name of the president who approved this plan.

To be fair to President Obama, we have only a selection of bad options before us when it comes to Syria, and he does seem to be choosing the "least bad" options.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 10:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And you just proved my point. Lie on friend.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 10:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And you just proved my point. Lie on friend. What you posted is a republican lie dependent on a movie that was edited. Mine is truth as can be proved by the Bush and Chaney weapons of mass destruction lie.,
RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 10:27 pm
@Ragman,
They have the largest nuclear bomb catch in the middle east. Why wouldent other countries want some as protection. Especially since Isreal thinks its ok to kill palistianian people because they are lower on the human scale than they are, beside they want their land.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 01:08 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Are you still off of me

I don't know where you get that idea.

Osso wrote:
Do you understand that even some israelis don't agree with other israelis?

Not all Germans were Nazis either, doesn't mean we should have made peace with Hitler back in 1939.

Israel has one of the best human rights organisations in the world, B'tselem, and a very good newspaper Haaretz. Both Israeli organisations have been vilified by the likes of Oralboy.

I am extremely well informed about what's happening is Israel. Ragman has an emotional attachment so refuses to face up to reality as far as Israel is concerned. I understand that, but this isn't some big family reunion where certain topics are not to be mentioned in case someone gets upset. I'll continue to point out the truth as I see it, and Israel is more likely to launch a nuclear missile than any other country in the region.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 02:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
This a bad deal because it insures (barring some unexpected internal miracle) Iran a very bad actor on the world stage will have nuclear weapons within the next ten year.

Since the fall of the Shah Iran has never invaded/attacked another country. Compare that to America's illegal invasion of Iraq, meddling in other countries' affairs and propping up pro Western governments at the expense of democracy.

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 08:25 am
@Ragman,
Knee jerk response, someone couldn't possibly care about the suffering of the Palestinians, all criticism of Israel is anti Semitic.

Just stick your head in the sand, deny facts and lazily throw out accusations of racism.

The Palestinians are also a Semitic people, but you have no problems with their indiscriminate slaughter.

Quote:
By the end of the 51-day conflict, 551 Gazan children had lost their lives. Many more lost loved ones. The UN estimates that nearly 400,000 children need counselling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33424229<br />

If any other country had murdered 551 children you'd be up in arms demanding something be done.
Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 08:30 am
@izzythepush,
Your history of commentary on this subject on A2K has demonstrated clearly enough to me (and many others) that you have no objectivity about Israel as a nation and a nation which is attempting to defend itself from a sworn enemy. You go out of your way to show your hatred.

I support no war...and deplore acts of war that involve innocents of any age. This long war has dragged on with out any settlement. i denounce both sides for their poor efforts to end it.

I can only comment in general that horrible mistakes are made in war by both sides. Furthermore I'm uncertain of the circumstances of the article in the link...will read and research it's truthfulness further. If true, it was a deplorable act...among a series of deplorable acts by both sides.

{Edit: the ink is broken:
404 - Page not found

This might be because you typed in the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling.}

izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 08:37 am
@Ragman,
My history has shown I confront the truth while you deny it. I understand why, but don't pretend to have anything approaching objectivity when Israel is discussed. You can't handle the truth, and you have blood on your hands.
Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 08:40 am
@izzythepush,
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33233719

You know of little to none of my history as I've rarely interacted with you. You show by this small example that you distort the truth here and in other spots. Once more, your reputation precedes you.

Your hyperbole about having blood on my hands...cements your indelible reputation.

I'm done with you.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 08:46 am
@Ragman,
Israel murdered 551 children, being appalled by that is not hatred, it's called being human.

You waxed lyrical about Yitshak Shamir, the man who as a member of the Stern gang sought an alliance with Nazi Germany, gave a rapturous welcome to genuine Nazi John Vorster, including giving him nuclear technology, and kidnapped tortured and murdered British servicemen.

Your praise of Shamir is just like a German waxing lyrical about Hitler, it's every bit as disgusting, every bit as racist, and every bit as hypocritical.