Iran nuclear deal signed in Geneva

RABEL222

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 03:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Republicans just love lying. The bigger the lie the happier they are. Think Bush 2 and his buddy Chaney.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 03:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I once had dinner with one of your countrymen and he, like you, was all for a UK totally independent of US political influence.

This thread is about the deal with Iran, not your paranoid fears as a result of the election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the Labour party.

When I said the rest of the World would trade with Iran, I didn't mean Britain, I meant the rest of the World. Russia certainly.

Now I know the loss of empire/influence is pretty dispiriting which is why you resort to sneers and taunts about Britain's long lost empire. We learned to live with it, you will to.

Don't think a Republican president will change anything, at best there'll be a much greater loss of influence, at worst a conflagration.

Don't be an idiot and elect another muppet like Bush. It won't end at all well.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 03:48 pm
This is an "I told you so" by me...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-trained-fighters-in-syria-gave-equipment-to-al-qaeda-affiliate/2015/09/25/45100f14-63d8-11e5-8e9e-dce8a2a2a679_story.html

What a mess.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Still dodging the central question. Are you willing to go it alone to be free of the evil influence of Republican Americans?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 04:28 pm
@RABEL222,
What a perfectly idiotic comment. Something similar would be "Democrats love cutting babies up so their organs can be sold."
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 04:29 pm
@ossobuco,
And I think I heard that only one of these brave warriors has joined the fray against ISIS. But whisper in my ear Osso the name of the president who approved this plan.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 05:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That's not the central question at all. It's whether or not the nuclear deal with Iran is a good thing.

Your question is just a diversion attention from the fact that you're running out of reasons why it's a bad deal. Your latest being public opinion is against it. Like public opinion was in favour of going to war in Iraq. That turned out well.

I'm not answering the question as you've framed it. If you want an honest debate about Britain/American defence, take it somewhere else. How about the British thread? I'll talk about it there, but not now. I'm going to bed.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 06:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Sorry, I was off topic myself.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 12:53 am
@ossobuco,
Finn wants to lead you up the garden path. He can't argue against peace, not from a moral viewpoint, so he screws up the Iraq debacle so much it's unrecognisable, to try to blame Obama and get people to look the other way.

He likes to see Iran as the bogeymen, all this trouble started with the overthrow of the Shah.

All this really happened with the fall of the Ottoman Empire, French/British imperial adventuring and an MI5/CIA orchestrated coup against a democratically elected government.

Despite this the Iranian people remain the most pro American in the region after Israel.

All the time pumping arms and money into Saudi Arabia which promotes its Wahhabist hard line version of Islam around the World. There's very little ideological difference between Wahhabism and Islam ISIS style.

Bush did exactly what Al Qaida wanted by creating a breeding ground for Sunni extremists in Iraq. Finn wants to further strengthen ISIS by weakening their Shia opponents. It's a no brainer, it really is.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:46 pm
@izzythepush,
You're right it's not THE central question, it's MY central question posed to you repeatedly because you have asserted that it's not enough that the US people don't like this deal: "The World wants it!"

This a bad deal because it insures (barring some unexpected internal miracle) Iran a very bad actor on the world stage will have nuclear weapons within the next ten year.

And when it does and when it starts tearing up the region, who will you look to to set things straight? The RAF? The French Foreign Legion?

God forbid Israel attempts to do so; you'll be ranting about Zionist Aggression.

BTW - As respects an earlier comment of yours I'm surprised that a fine progressive such as yourself found the end of the British Empire to be dispiriting. Based on most of your posts that are not directly related to the UK one might think it would instead have been, to you, cleansing for the British soul.

I'm very fond of the British Empire. Like anything else it had both good and bad aspects, but my overall impression is very positive. If I "sneer" or
"taunt" anyone regarding it's decline and fall, it is only those, like you, who are actually dispirited jingoists and, as a result, vociferously anti-American.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So you're only Anglophobic to those you don't like? There are some British people you don't sneer at. How very commendable.

You do not understand the situation, Iran aren't going to be able to get the bomb, and even if they do, they're not going to "tear up the region."

That's ridiculous, it's fear mongering. Israel is more likely to start a nuclear confrontation than anyone else. They've got preemptive strike written all over them, they've already given their soldiers carte blanche to shoot Palestinian kids.

Why is it so bad to relax sanctions on Iran while it's fine to sell state of the art weaponry to Wahhabist Saudi Arabia, home of Osama Bin Laden and a fair few 9/11 terrorists?

Honestly that's the bit I don't get. Iran has a young pro Western population sick to the back teeth of the clerics in charge. Saudi Arabia is full of hard line extremists who hate the West. Yet, Iran getting a McDonalds is the bit you have a problem with.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:20 pm
@izzythepush,
I was saying that my post about Syria was off topic, which it was. I was off base not making that some new thread instead of putting it here.

Are you guessing I'm against the iran agreement? If so, good grief no. Listen up. Of course I am for it.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Are you still off of me since I didn't want to boycott some israeli farmer's orchard? think I don't care about Palestinians? You can be very insulting in your surmises.

Do you understand that even some israelis don't agree with other israelis?
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Israel is more likely to start a nuclear confrontation than anyone else.

Such ignorance and bias undermines any credibility.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I have had two odd grandfathers, one that I hardly knew, one that I didn't know at all, both with probably long stories, probably both big drinkers. One was a hop farmer for a while. Probably a short while.

I'm not clear on the benefit of shutting a guy like him down.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Also, why are you lecturing me? You aren't the only reader.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:05 pm
@Ragman,
Israel is a loose cannon, they've bombed a lot of neighbours. Looking at Israel through rose tinted specs undermines your credibility.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:07 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm not lecturing you, I'm pointing out why Finn wants to go off topic.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The post was about weapons, the moving of them. Just in the wrong thread, for which I apologise.
I worried about that early, very early, on the Syria stuff, might or might not have posted.

Me and Obama, I've not been in agreement with him on some matters.
I'm very glad he has been here and stuck it out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:13 pm
@izzythepush,
I am guessing those were two diffferent off topics.

Mine was clearly off base.
0 Replies