11
   

Muezzin calling for prayer drives Londoners mad.

 
 
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 06:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I live in a place where the Tea Party Christians are trying to impose their culture on the locals....

Finn wrote:
Imagine a Christian priest with a megaphone calling the faithful to prayer in either the UK or the US. It would render folks like max apoplectic.


http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m72/gregflynn/BlueNC/WIanti03.jpg
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 06:17 pm
Fundy forums are like this hellish joint below and I see myself as George Clooney, I just waltz in there and start decking them left right and centre..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/titty-twister_zps75b981ad.jpg~original
"Ignorant people twist things, to their own destruction" (2 Pet 3:16/17)

The next time I try to get in I find they've locked and bolted the door and messages like this come up-
"Your account has been disabled, Please do not make any attempt to participate further in any of our Communities"
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 06:39 pm
Max said- "you don't see me insulting immigrants (given my immigrant roots)"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've ALL got mixed blood going back centuries!
For examp I was born and bred in the English midlands city of Leicester (pronounced Lester), King Lears old home town, (Lear-cester, gettit?) and our family go back generations in the area.
My surname goes back unchanged to before 1066 and is a Hollywood favourite featuring in most historic films like The Vikings and Ivanhoe etc..Wink
Over its 2000+ years history, Leicester has been occupied in turn by the Iron Age Coritanian Tribe, the Romans, Vikings, Anglo-Saxons and Normans, and there may be some of all of them in my DNA somewhere, as well as Lear's jester's..
Oh and my paternal granma had Romany blood so I suppose that makes me part-gypsy..Smile

PS- The Roman 14th Legion was stationed in Leicester for a while, maybe a distant ancestor of mine was a Centurion badass which might account for why I'm such a hard-headed s.o.b and --ahem-- wargame champion..Wink
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/14th-legion.gif
http://www.thiswasleicestershire.co.uk/2012/11/roman-leicester.html
nydia2013
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 06:43 pm
@Markusd,
Testing
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 01:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Imagine a Christian priest with a megaphone calling the faithful to prayer in either the UK or the US. It would render folks like max apoplectic.
Well, church bells from 6 am until 8 pm or even later aren't nice for many, too. (I've lived close to two churches, so I got used to it.)
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 02:41 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
For examp I was born and bred in the English midlands city of Leicester (pronounced Lester), King Lears old home town, (Lear-cester, gettit?) and our family go back generations in the area.
Leir (along with Anglo-Saxon Legra or Ligora) is a hydronym derived from Brittonic *Ligera or *Ligora. Legreceastre = the 'camp of the Legrians' (gettit!)
0 Replies
 
Lordyaswas
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Imagine a Christian priest with a megaphone calling the faithful to prayer in either the UK or the US. It would render folks like max apoplectic.
Well, church bells from 6 am until 8 pm or even later aren't nice for many, too. (I've lived close to two churches, so I got used to it.)


When I was a kid, our little youth club was based in a small church round the corner from where we lived.
It didn't have proper bells, so the vicar used to play an LP (vinyl long playing record, for the kids here) of church bells pealing away, which was then amplified and blasted through a large metal speaker up on the roof.

One Sunday morning, I was lying in bed at the usual start time for this racket, and all of a sudden, "I want to hold your hand" by the Beatles started up.
It went on for about twenty seconds before an awful scratch noise occurred where it was ripped from the record deck.
A minute or so of silence, and then the bells started.

Someone had swapped the records around in their sleeves, and to this day I don't have a clue as to who did it.








OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 06:23 am
@Markusd,
Markusd wrote:
Have you ever heard some muezzin calling from the top of a minaret the Faithful for Prayer? When you hear it for the first time from the balcony of your hotel it's rather amusing and you try to make a video of this exotic piece, two days later it becomes boring and in a week you are ready to tear that mullah into small pieces just! That is what how it was with me during my two weeks' tour into London.
The East London Mosque located between Whitechapel and Aldgate serves the UK's largest Muslim minority. It can accommodate 7,000 worshippers for prayers!
Scared to think about the feelings of the Londoners living nearby. One of them I talked to in a pub said the worst thing about it is that some sermons are in English in East London Mosque! 'They want our kids to convert into Islam', Mike said. Far as I got it, he and his neighbors have been consulting some lawyer to defend their rights as British citizens who are forced actually to listen to that wild music of muezzin calling for prayer many times a day. They are right absolutely, I think.
No wonder, many local residents are now trying to move to some other places of living without any signs of Muslim presence. The houses they leave are immediately bought by Muslims......
Can England throw out the Moslems ?
Deport them ?
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 06:31 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I live in a place where the Tea Party Christians are trying to impose their culture on the locals....
WHERE ?
As I understand it, the purpose of the Tea Party
is to restore Original, Orthodox liberty-based Americanism,
un-doing the distortions of liberalism and of Political Correctness.





David
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Can England throw out the Moslems ?
Deport them ?
You mean, like Nazi-Germany did with the Jews?

Can the USA throw out or deport US-citizens because of their religion?
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:58 am
The BNP (British National Party) pledge to deport all immigrants, but they don't explain exactly how they intend doing it because there are almost 3 million muslims in Britain so it's a tall order.
On the other hand Hitler killed 6 million Jews so perhaps the BNP regard getting rid of 3 million muslims as only half as difficult.
Anyway like i said before, i've got no beef with muslims because as they grow stronger they'll declare their areas of Brit cities "Sharia Law" zones and will soon clean up the prostitution, drugs, drinks, crime etc
gungasnake
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:22 am
@Foofie,
The old heart of Baltimore including beautiful old neighborhoods of elegant row-houses was destroyed by a deliberate policy of block-busting in the 1960s. The main loser in the picture was the city itself.
0 Replies
 
Lordyaswas
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:23 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
That "etc" at the end would probably make life pretty intolerable for any democratic peoples.
How would you feel about your wife, sis or granny being slapped around for not covering their heads, for instance?
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
I live in a place where the Tea Party Christians are trying to impose their culture on the locals....
WHERE ?
As I understand it, the purpose of the Tea Party
is to restore Original, Orthodox liberty-based Americanism,
un-doing the distortions of liberalism and of Political Correctness.





David


I have already answered this, but I will be patient with you.

The Tea Party people are the ones who want to REGULATE who I can marry, and trying to FORCE woman to get vaginal probes that neither them nor their doctors want.

You also see Tea Party people suggest that Muslims should be deported only because they are exercising their LIBERTY to be Muslim.

0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Can England throw out the Moslems ?
Deport them ?
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You mean, like Nazi-Germany did with the Jews?
I don 't. Thay did worse to the Jews
than assist them to leave Germany. (Think of ovens.)


Walter Hinteler wrote:
Can the USA throw out or deport US-citizens because of their religion?
Not citizens; no, but we can and we shud keep alien Moslems
from entering America, for security reasons.
I 'm thinking of Atta and his crews.

I have never been an immigration lawyer.
I am not familiar with immigration law,
but I hope that as during the Third World War
we shud not have admitted known alien commies,
it is now against American security interests to admit alien Moslems.
We owe them nothing; thay have NO rights under our Constitution.
It is not their constitution; (the same as I have NO RIGHT to visit Arabia).

I have no interest in anyone 's religion; its usually a private, personal,
harmless matter, but on 9/11/1, it took on new dimensions of importance.

I require only 1 thing of the Moslems
to re-establish their status quo ante in my mind, to wit:
STOP BLOWING STUFF UP! I don t think that 's asking too much.
Thay see it otherwise.





David
panzade
 
  2  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
You mean, like Nazi-Germany did with the Jews?

Can the USA throw out or deport US-citizens because of their religion?


Walter, my respect for you has grown exponentially over the last ten years.
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:55 am
Lordy said: "@RF- How would you feel about your wife, sis or granny being slapped around for not covering their heads, for instance?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That'll happen if and when Islam becomes the dominant religion in Britain and America but at the moment Britains populati0n is 60 million and only 3 million of them are muslims, so muslim domination is many years away.
Meantime, Islamic law will only apply in districts of cities that have got a very high muslim population like we're already seeing in some Brit cities, like this muslim vigilante patrol in London going around hassling gays and prostitutes etc-

OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 09:00 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
The BNP (British National Party) pledge to deport all immigrants,
but they don't explain exactly how they intend doing it because
there are almost 3 million muslims in Britain so it's a tall order.
Well, presumably, a legislative mandate requiring them
to leave 'd probably be enuf to get rid of quite a few of them.
If I were in Arabia or Iran when the law required my departure,
I 'd leave immediately.

There might be a problem qua those who were born in England.
Thay might possibly be annoyed into leaving,
e.g., raising their taxes or afflicting Moslems
with un-reasonable mandates or vexing prohibitions.



Romeo Fabulini wrote:
On the other hand Hitler killed 6 million Jews so perhaps the BNP regard
getting rid of 3 million muslims as only half as difficult.
Anyway like i said before, i've got no beef with muslims because
as they grow stronger they'll declare their areas of Brit cities
"Sharia Law" zones and will soon clean up the prostitution, drugs,
drinks, crime etc
I guess u want to prevent people from DRINKING, huh ?





David
0 Replies
 
Lordyaswas
 
  2  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 09:07 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romulino, you added what you obviously considered to be a throwaway "etc" at the end of that post I was referring to.
If you are happy with sharia vigilantes taking things into their own hands (as you seem to intimate) then that "etc" so casually thrown in, could easily include female dresscodes.
Get my drift?

We have laws and a police force (and where necessary an army) to enforce those laws, here in the UK.
The last thing we want are vigilantes acting on anybody's behalf.
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 09:19 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Not citizens; no, but we can and we shud keep alien Moslems
from entering America, for security reasons.
But you asked, if the UK could throw out or deport its citizens.
And now, you even ask for discrimination on religious reasons for entering the USA.
 

Related Topics

Oddities and Humor - Discussion by edgarblythe
Let's play "Caption the Photo" II - Discussion by gustavratzenhofer
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
Funny Pictures ***Slow Loading*** - Discussion by JerryR
Caption The Cartoon - Discussion by panzade
Geek and Nerd Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Caption The Cartoon Part Deux - Discussion by panzade
IS IT OK FOR ME TO CHEAT? - Question by Setanta
2008 Election: Political Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 11/30/2021 at 07:46:35