Does anti-Muslim bigotry correlate with Tea Party association?

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 09:38 am
There has been a rash of vitriolic anti-Muslim hate here. The perpetrators seem to be Tea Party people. It isn't only here, people associated with the Tea Party, like Michelle Bachman and Ted Cruz, are also spouting anti-Muslim rhetoric.

Are there any people associated with the Tea Party who are standing up against this hatred?

Baldimo

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 10:08 am
@maxdancona,
You are going to have to be more specific. You are a bleeding heart so your opinion of anti-Muslim rhetoric is going to be different then mine. If you have some examples or specific quotes that might help.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 11:10 am
@maxdancona,
Max, the fact that they resemble each other and have many of the same beliefs isent lost on them so its attack attack in an attempt to seem different.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 11:10 am
@Baldimo,
http://able2know.org/topic/225584-1
Baldimo

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 01:22 pm
@maxdancona,
The question is an honest one. Mohammad was indeed married to a girl who was 9 years old. Wouldn't you call that a pedophile? It wasn't a question of the whole religion being based on pedophilia, but their founder being one.

Why are you asking about the Tea Party? I don't see anything in the post by ColdJoint that points to the Tea Party or the site that was referenced being of Tea Party design.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 01:44 pm
@Baldimo,
Honest question?

Is a question about Jews and Christians killing their daughters for not bleeding correctly on their wedding nights an honest question?
Foofie

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 01:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There has been a rash of vitriolic anti-Muslim hate here. The perpetrators seem to be Tea Party people. It isn't only here, people associated with the Tea Party, like Michelle Bachman and Ted Cruz, are also spouting anti-Muslim rhetoric.

Are there any people associated with the Tea Party who are standing up against this hatred?

The word "correlate" does not mean cause and effect. It can mean that where there are picnics there might be ants. However, picnics do not make ants, and ants do not make picnics.

So, it sounds like a false correlation to me. Perhaps, some of those that join the Tea Party's beliefs have independently come to the conclusion that they have concerns about the Muslim community? But, the two are neither cause and effect, nor a true correlation. The concerns might just reflect the fact that many Muslims have not yet assimilated into an American mindset that was the historical mindset of many Americans. Regardless, the title of this thread reminds me of those that think that Wall Street is a buzzword for New York Jew. And, that is so ridiculous, but it is all part of the many faces of fearful thoughts that fill the shadows of men's minds.

However, being reclusive in ethnic enclaves does not help Muslims from overcoming any fears of people. Perhaps, someone needs to be an emissary to Muslim areas as a goodwill ambassador? A modern day Lewis and Clarke?Do you have a canoe?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 01:51 pm
@maxdancona,
That wasn't the question, that wasn't even close to what the question was. The question asked is"Was Muhammad a Pedophile?" They were not asking "Is Islam a religion of pedophilia?" If that had been the question then I would agree that it is a bigoted question, but that wasn't what was asked.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 01:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Honest question?

Is a question about Jews and Christians killing their daughters for not bleeding correctly on their wedding nights an honest question?

How far back are you going? And, a little chicken skin, and chicken blood, made many a bride a virgin on the honeymoon night. No one was killed that I know of. Sounds like a canard you heard.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 01:57 pm
@Foofie,
You really missed the point Foofie. I wasn't arguing that people should kill their daughters. Rather I was pointing out that bigots can attack any religion.

Bigots have attacked Jews the same way they are now attacking Muslims. If you are a bigot, you will alway be able to find something to justify your hatred.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 01:58 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie, do you support the Tea Party?

RABEL222

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 08:56 pm
@maxdancona,
Youve got to be kidding!!!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 02:16 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There has been a rash of vitriolic anti-Muslim hate here. The perpetrators seem to be Tea Party people.

People are merely saying that it sure would be nice if Muslims stopped brutally murdering us.

Saying such a thing does not make someone either bigoted or a member of the Tea Party.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 03:11 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There has been a rash of vitriolic anti-Muslim hate here.
The perpetrators seem to be Tea Party people.
Do u think it has anything to do
with your attacks of 9/11/1??????
maxdancona

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 08:02 am
@oralloy,
I doubt very much, by the fact that you took the time to post here, that anyone is murdering you. But if someone were actually murdering you, would their ethnicity really matter to you.

(I suppose if I had the choice, I would prefer to be murdered by a Buddhist, but if a Christian murders me or a Hindu it doesn't make much difference in the larger scheme of things.)
maxdancona

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 08:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Clearly not. There was anti-Muslim bigotry long before 9/11. There was anti-Islamic bigotry after Tim McVeigh blew up the Oklahoma Federal building (years before 9/11).
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 01:42 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Laughing Laughing
The same people in the Tea Party who happen to be progay, profeminist, antirape, proJewish (and not because they think a secure and existing Israel is the road to the second coming of Jesus Christ), prochoice, propot, pro-immigration. So, we're likely talking about maybe one half a single Tea Party member and she's bipolar. She takes these liberal stances on her manic days.
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 04:47 pm
@oralloy,
They are also saying it would be nice if Israel would stop murdering Muslim's and Christian's.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 05:03 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
They are also saying it would be nice if Israel would stop murdering Muslim's and Christian's.
Will u reveal your reasoning
in adding apostrophes to those 2 religions ?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 06:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I doubt very much, by the fact that you took the time to post here, that anyone is murdering you.

You must have missed the news for the past 15 years. Muslims have been brutally murdering us every chance they've gotten, often with as much cruelty as they can possibly muster.

It is a tribute to the DroneStrike program that so many of their horrendous murder sprees have been prevented. Thermobaric warheads are turning out to be the modern version of Greek Fire. Just like back in the dark ages, the best way to prevent a Muslim from murdering you is to douse him with burning fuel.

maxdancona wrote:
But if someone were actually murdering you, would their ethnicity really matter to you.

It is not the ethnicity of Muslims that is objectionable, but rather the fact that they keep brutally murdering us.

maxdancona wrote:
(I suppose if I had the choice, I would prefer to be murdered by a Buddhist, but if a Christian murders me or a Hindu it doesn't make much difference in the larger scheme of things.)

Buddhists, Xians, and Hindus are not brutally murdering us.