Does anti-Muslim bigotry correlate with Tea Party association?

oralloy

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 06:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Clearly not. There was anti-Muslim bigotry long before 9/11. There was anti-Islamic bigotry after Tim McVeigh blew up the Oklahoma Federal building (years before 9/11).

It is hardly bigotry for people to wish that Muslims would stop brutally murdering them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 06:41 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
They are also saying it would be nice if Israel would stop murdering Muslim's and Christian's.

Only anti-Semites falsely accuse Israel of acting like Muslims.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 06:44 pm
@oralloy,
only teenage girls argue in this fashion...
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 08:38 pm
@oralloy,
I found another anti-simite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXAm-OylQQ
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2013 03:07 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Bigots have attacked Jews the same way they are now attacking Muslims. If you are a bigot, you will alway be able to find something to justify your hatred.

Wouldn't one think that someone arguing for treating Muslims fairly would have a better argument than bringing up historical anti-Semitism? Muslims and Jews are not hated for the same reason. Jews are historically perceived as an economic threat. Muslims historically are a political threat. You need to see the difference, in my opinion, to have a valid argument.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2013 03:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Foofie, do you support the Tea Party?

A nice tea party, with orange pekoe tea and a nice slice of pie, would be enjoyable. I know you are not intruding into my personal life, so your question would not have any politcal reference, I would guess.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 03:31 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
The question is an honest one. Mohammad was indeed married to a girl who was 9 years old. Wouldn't you call that a pedophile? It wasn't a question of the whole religion being based on pedophilia, but their founder being one. . . .
When Jerry Lee Lewis married a 13 year old, it ruined his career.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 03:36 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
The question is an honest one. Mohammad was indeed married to a girl who was 9 years old. Wouldn't you call that a pedophile? It wasn't a question of the whole religion being based on pedophilia, but their founder being one.
Today 'yes'. But that was about the normal age of getting married for girls in those times - look up the age of girls who became queen/princess in Middle Age Europe! So, in the 12th century, Pope Alexander III wrote a decree, limiting the age when people could get married to 12 for females and 14 for males. (Which didn't hinder some rulers, to marry still nine years old girls, and even younger ones, at all.)
Foofie

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 02:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Baldimo wrote:
The question is an honest one. Mohammad was indeed married to a girl who was 9 years old. Wouldn't you call that a pedophile? It wasn't a question of the whole religion being based on pedophilia, but their founder being one.
Today 'yes'. But that was about the normal age of getting married for girls in those times - look up the age of girls who became queen/princess in Middle Age Europe! So, in the 12th century, Pope Alexander III wrote a decree, limiting the age when people could get married to 12 for females and 14 for males. (Which didn't hinder some rulers, to marry still nine years old girls, and even younger ones, at all.)

Just my personal opinion, but you might use European history as a benchmark for whether some custom was ethical/moral or not (two wrongs do not make a right). Simply put, it is called being Eurocentric. Like back in the day when the Near East, Middle East, and Far East all got its names from its distance from (you guessed it) Europe. Today it is the Pacific Rim nations. Europe is not necessarily the role model of civilized behavior for everyone.

In my opinion again, the big denial for many Europeans is that America is not a knock-off of Europe and its culture. It might have started with its basic thinking; however, it really went off on its own direction. Much due to the fact that Catholicism never ruled America, as it once did Europe, in my opinion.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 03:06 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Just my personal opinion, but you might use European history as a benchmark for whether some custom was ethical/moral or not (two wrongs do not make a right). Simply put, it is called being Eurocentric.
Okay, I've used the European term of Middle Ages. But that time period includes the live time of Mohammad .
But certainly you can help me with my Eurocentric dilemma and tell me the correct time of that period in the Near/Middle East. Thanks in advance!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 03:15 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

In my opinion again, the big denial for many Europeans is that America is not a knock-off of Europe and its culture. It might have started with its basic thinking; however, it really went off on its own direction. Much due to the fact that Catholicism never ruled America, as it once did Europe, in my opinion.
I don't thin that Mohammad lived in America. And in that time period, which is mentioned here, the Pope just ruled ... well, monarchs ruled by the idea of divine right. But that seems to be a totally different topic, Investiture controversy, concordat of Worms etc
Foofie

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 03:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

I don't thin that Mohammad lived in America. And in that time period, which is mentioned here, the Pope just ruled ... well, monarchs ruled by the idea of divine right. But that seems to be a totally different topic, Investiture controversy, concordat of Worms etc

Walter, you quoted me, and made your post coming from me. Do you often do ventriloquism?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 03:40 pm
@Foofie,
Only on night shifts. During day-time, I'm a puppet on a string.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 09:38 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Muslims have been brutally murdering us every chance they've gotten, often with as much cruelty as they can possibly muster.

This is clearly a lie. I have visited Turkey recently, where I was surrounded by Muslims. They could have easily murdered me... they had plenty of opportunity (as I was an unarmed foreigner in their midst).

They were more interested in giving me a cup of tea.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:01 am
@Foofie,
I am asking if you specifically support the political movement now called by the name "The Tea Party" which advocates the nationalist and extremist rhetoric typified by Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin.

Please give a serious answer to this question. Your answer will go directly to the topic of this thread.
oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:07 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Muslims have been brutally murdering us every chance they've gotten, often with as much cruelty as they can possibly muster.

This is clearly a lie.

"Soldiers told of the horrific torture meted out by terrorists in the Nairobi mall massacre yesterday with claims hostages were dismembered, had their eyes gouged out and were left hanging from hooks in the ceiling.

Men were said to have been castrated and had fingers removed with pliers before being blinded and hanged.

Children were found dead in the food court fridges with knives still embedded in their bodies, it was claimed."

http://able2know.org/topic/223308-1

http://www.nocaptionneeded.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/wtc-9-11.jpg
timur

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:11 am
@oralloy,
So, is American soldiers peeing on dead bodies a justification?

http://leosigh.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/marines-peeiing.jpg
maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:18 am
@oralloy,
That is just stupid. You are picking the worst acts of a few Muslim extremists. I could just as easily pick out the worst acts of a few Christian extremists-- from the LRA in Africa to the KKK here. But I won't. I see no reason to smear any religion in our society.

But, that is how bigotry works. You smear an entire ethnic group with the actions of a few.

With your angry nationalism and your justification of hatred, you have more in common with the 9/11 terrorists then I do.

RABEL222

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:52 am
@maxdancona,
Both the Tea Party and Muslims are equally bigoted. But the U S of A puts constraints on people hanging and mutilating and shooting others here. It will usually get you hung unless of course you live in Flordia and your name is George.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:00 am
@maxdancona,
You have picked out a few extremists and branded a whole movement. Bet you didn't see that did ya.

1 GOP politician makes a comment about "women can shut that thing down" and all of a sudden the whole GOP thinks that way. Even though the GOP leadership came forward and said he should drop out of the race, it was still used as a weapon in a national election. Hell Randi Rhodes still mentions it on her radio show.