Does anti-Muslim bigotry correlate with Tea Party association?

Foofie

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:36 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am asking if you specifically support the political movement now called by the name "The Tea Party" which advocates the nationalist and extremist rhetoric typified by Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin.

Please give a serious answer to this question. Your answer will go directly to the topic of this thread.

I know what you are asking, and it is not germane to any position you would like to offer as a post. Personalizing your participation by asking a personal question is not germane to the discussion. Pretend I am a computer and you will see that your interest is a non-sequitur, as far as the thread goes.

Simply put. I do not want to relate to you on such a personal level. I will think of you as a computer.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:41 am
@Baldimo,
Muslim is a religion. Al Qaeda are extremists. I have no problem with you saying that Al Qaeda is a terrorist group. I object to you smearing all Muslims with that label.

GOP is a political party. The Tea Party are extremists. I have never said that all Republicans are extremists. I admit that smearing a Republican (who is not a Tea Party member) with the Tea Party label is a pretty awful thing to do.

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:48 am
@maxdancona,
I haven't smeared anyone and I wouldn't. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists any more then I think all Tea Party people are racist or bigots. It is the same thing with each group, a small minority of each group seems to get the most spot light which makes the overall group look bad.

A few weeks ago, there was 1 guy with a big Confederate flag in front of the White House, but all the people in that group were called racists. It's nonsense.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:54 am
@Baldimo,
Orally claims that "Muslims" are murdering him at "every chance they get". He used the term "Muslim" (not terrorist or Al Qaeda member). He is clearly smearing all Muslims as murderers.

Do you agree that Orally's statements are bigoted? If you distance yourself from Orally and Foofie, then I have no problem with what you are saying here.

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Their not bigoted statements, they are ignorant statements. They should have added terrorists to those statements and they would be correct. They are more likely to be killed by a Muslim terrorist then they are by any other terrorist group. But I guess that depends on who or what you consider a terrorist group. From some of the things I have read, you think the Tea Party is a terrorist group even though they don't fit the description of a terrorist group.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
They are more likely to be killed by a Muslim terrorist then they are by any other terrorist group.

So what? They are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork accident then they are by a Muslim terrorist group.

About 2 dozen people are killed by champagn corks each year in the US. The number of Americans killed by Muslims terrorists (with the exception of 2001) is far less.

Compared with the number of people who are killed by smoking and car crashes, their chance of being killed by a terrorist (even in 2001) was about zero.

Foofie

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:10 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Do you agree that Orally's statements are bigoted? If you distance yourself from Orally and Foofie, then I have no problem with what you are saying here.

You have become the thought police? Telling people to "distance" themselves from my position? And, if they do, you will be their "best friend"?

Should we all gang up on Foofie, and shun him from any birthday parties we are invited to? In my opinion, please act more mature.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:21 pm
@maxdancona,
You are correct of course. I won't argue with that.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:42 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

A few weeks ago, there was 1 guy with a big Confederate flag in front of the White House, but all the people in that group were called racists. It's nonsense.

Are we not judged by the company we keep?
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:47 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I have read, you think the Tea Party is a terrorist group even though they don't fit the description of a terrorist group.

The Tea Party, in the minds of many Americans, is a political terrorist group. They voted to allow a debt default. They shut down the government because Obama refused to repeal a law that is already the law of the land. They were about to damage the global economy if they had been allowed to let the government's debt default. If they are not political terrorists, pray tell what the hell are they? Something from another planet?!?!
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

Are there any people associated with the Tea Party who are standing up against this hatred?

Personally I do not think so. All I see is the face of pure hatred emanating from the obstructionist Tea Party. Look at their darlings, Ted Cruz, Michelle Bachmann, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, all ushered into power by the fringe Tea Party. Conservative Republicans, on the whole, are uncomfortable with the Tea Party misfits, and are afraid to speak out against Cruz and his 30 or 40 acolytes; they do not reveal any humanity for fear of being "primaried[used as a verb]" and lose their congressional seat. The Tea Party reminds me of a bunch of diseased minds.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 01:06 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
So, is American soldiers peeing on dead bodies a justification?

A justification for what?

In any case, almost certainly no. That would be unlikely to justify anything.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 01:07 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
That is just stupid.

You may find it inconvenient when I point out where facts contradict your ideology. But facts are facts.

maxdancona wrote:
You are picking the worst acts of a few Muslim extremists.

Muslims have carried out a very long list of such acts.

maxdancona wrote:
I could just as easily pick out the worst acts of a few Christian extremists-- from the LRA in Africa to the KKK here. But I won't. I see no reason to smear any religion in our society.

The reason you won't is because you cannot show a concerted effort by Xians to massacre us. It is only Muslims who are joining in a concerted effort to slaughter us.

maxdancona wrote:
But, that is how bigotry works. You smear an entire ethnic group with the actions of a few.

It is hardly bigotry for people to wish that Muslims would stop brutally murdering everyone.

maxdancona wrote:
With your angry nationalism and your justification of hatred, you have more in common with the 9/11 terrorists then I do.

I point out the fact that most of the people who were happy about the 9/11 massacre were either Muslims or liberals.
0 Replies

oralloy

@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Orally claims that "Muslims" are murdering him at "every chance they get". He used the term "Muslim" (not terrorist or Al Qaeda member). He is clearly smearing all Muslims as murderers.

There is a faction of liberals who hate America. Whenever someone commits a horrendous atrocity against Americans, this faction of liberals rushes to celebrate and defend that horrendous atrocity.
0 Replies

oralloy

@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Their not bigoted statements, they are ignorant statements.

Is there any particular fact that I am wrong about?
oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 01:08 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
They are more likely to be killed by a Muslim terrorist then they are by any other terrorist group.

So what? They are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork accident then they are by a Muslim terrorist group.
About 2 dozen people are killed by champagn corks each year in the US. The number of Americans killed by Muslims terrorists (with the exception of 2001) is far less.
Compared with the number of people who are killed by smoking and car crashes, their chance of being killed by a terrorist (even in 2001) was about zero.

Like I said, there is a faction of liberals that hates America, and whenever someone commits a horrendous atrocity against Americans, that faction of liberals rushes to celebrate and defend it.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 01:30 pm
@oralloy,
As people have pointed out, it is not the majority of Muslims who want this but a vocal minority. Yeah I know we always see pictures of people dancing in the streets when something bad happens to their "enemies", but those people are once again not a majority of all Muslims.

I will say this Orally, if you were to walk down the street here in the states, you would have no chance of being attacked by a muslim. If you were to walk down the street in Kandahar then you might have a point.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 06:27 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
I will say this Orally, if you were to walk down the street here in the states,
you would have no chance of being attacked by a muslim. . . .
Will u explain your reasoning, please ?

David
Baldimo

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 10:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It's a likelihood thing. Not that hard to understand. Maybe I should have said he has the least likelihood of being attacked my a Muslim here then he would in a heavy muslim country.

Do you not think the majority of Muslims here in the US are peaceful? I think there is a reason they left their countries and it was to escape the extremes back home. Yes some of those same extremists are here, but not in the #'s that worry me.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 10:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David, how worried are you about being killed by a champagne cork?