edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 03:30 pm
@woiyo,
I was not rejoicing at the prospect.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 10:58 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:

I would also support a Warren/Clinton ticket! The uprising wouldn't last long thou, half the tea baggers would drop dead when it's announced on Fox Noise.

LOL! You are so right, Jcboy. The Republican Party is already having conniptions at the thought Hillary has already been crowned even though she's yet to announce her candidacy.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 08:06 am
@edgarblythe,
You liberals should be scared to death if Christie runs and wins the nomination.

revelette

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 08:28 am
@woiyo,
I really don't know too much about his policies, however, he seems to take an interest in his own home state. If he has that same attitude as a president, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me, unless he picked a real right winger as a running mate. I personally don't see the hard right wingers voting for him, but I could be wrong. If he does get president, I bet anything democrats would take over congress. It seems to work that way in times past, plus, people do not want republicans having total control of the government. They don't want any party having total control, but it seems to be more so for republicans. These are just my thoughts, no proof for any of it.

I am going to go out on a limb and say, I have no real interest in either one, Warren or Hillary. Warren seems a little radical, Hillary, I think, in the end, won't run. I would vote for Biden over any of them.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 10:48 am
@woiyo,
As I said, I don't look forward to it.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 12:48 pm
@revelette,
What this Govt needs is a Chief executive that can lead the Congress and stop legislative gridlock, so the growth of and scope of govt, restore economic stability at all levels and restore the US position in foreign affairs from one of appeasement to one of strength.

Christie has demonstrated he can work with a Legislature that is/was dysfunctional in NJ, face the public sector unions with facts and start restoring economic growth to his State.

Remember, Jersey got hit not only with the National economic fallout, but got hit with a Storm that they are still trying to recover form.

He never uses the Obama line of "we inherited this". Christie owns it and makes no excuses.

Rather refreshing for a change. A politician that will tell the truth, whether we want to hear it or not.
JTT

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 01:20 pm
@woiyo,
Quote:
restore the US position in foreign affairs from one of appeasement to one of strength.

You guys love euphemisms, doncha, Woiyo?

That really means the power to rape and pillage other lands, murder the rightful owners, install brutal dictators, torture and rape innocents, kill children at will, terrorize the citizenry, in short, to keep on doing what the US has been doing for over a century.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 02:23 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:
He never uses the Obama line of "we inherited this".

That's not Obama's line, that's George W. Bush's.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 03:22 pm
@joefromchicago,
Sorry Joe Woiyo is right. George was on an aircraft carrier claiming mission accomplished on a war that is still going on. Just one more lie on his part. Obama does say this quite often, and justly I might add.
Quote:
"we inherited this".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 04:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
I haven't been all gaga against Chris Christie, I've enough other to be gaga about re those Republicans who are troubled by him. I'm not automatically against all Republicans, though I worry about the tagalongs, same as Republicans chafe if a Democrat gets in.

But I have one big thing I wonder about that no one brings up for obvious reasons, his big push to rebuild the shore area. I totally get wanting to do that, even twice, for huge reasons. But I'm not clear that that is wise, for New Jersey as a state or the coast in general, italics mine.

I'll have to chase down the article that made me question that.

Found it -
nuts, it's locked. I think this is stupid of the New Yorker to do that to this article. I take it you can see it as a non subscriber if you pay a fee.

OUR LOCAL CORRESPONDENTS
THE BEACH BUILDERS
Can the Jersey Shore be saved?
BY JOHN SEABROOK
JULY 22, 2013

Subscribers can read the full version of this story by logging into our digital archive. You can also subscribe now or find out about other ways to read The New Yorker digitally.

I'm not adding the bit after that - the article develops to talking re the whole eastern coast.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/07/22/130722fa_fact_seabrook

I'm sure people of most walks of life at the shoreline like the ways it and other shores have been being temporarily fixed, but there are a lot of buts. I'm a shoreline person. But as a reader, I'm not clear the efforts are smart, and not just for New Jersey.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 04:15 pm
A Republican president at this time will only consolidate the teaparty's agenda. For that reason I will not consider voting for even the more reasonable among them.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 07:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
As if you would under any circumstances.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 08:28 pm
Finney, the mind reader. Knows all, sees all. Rolling Eyes
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 08:29 pm
@RABEL222,
No need to read his mind, I've read a great deal of his posts.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 08:44 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:
You liberals should be scared to death if Christie runs and wins the nomination.

We should, but I don't expect it will happen. Christie, being a grownup, isn't crazy enough to make it past the Tea Party's base. And on the off chance that he does endear himself to the Tea Party enough to survive the primaries, he will have adopted enough crazy positions to render him non-scary for liberals.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 08:53 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

He never uses the Obama line of "we inherited this". Christie owns it and makes no excuses.

Rather refreshing for a change. A politician that will tell the truth, whether we want to hear it or not.

Sometimes the line "we inherited this" is the truth, whether we want to hear it or not.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 03:05 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

What this Govt needs is a Chief executive that can lead the Congress and stop legislative gridlock, so the growth of and scope of govt, restore economic stability at all levels and restore the US position in foreign affairs from one of appeasement to one of strength.

Christie has demonstrated he can work with a Legislature that is/was dysfunctional in NJ, face the public sector unions with facts and start restoring economic growth to his State.

Remember, Jersey got hit not only with the National economic fallout, but got hit with a Storm that they are still trying to recover form.

The day after Christie won Democrat strategists announced they would begin their plan to reveal Christie as the "extremist" he actually is.

Somehow I don't think the strategy of defining the opponent before he has a chance to do so himself (which worked so well against Romney) is going to work against Christie.

At least the guy didn't announce they were gong to "kill" the NJ Governor.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 03:08 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

I really don't know too much about his policies, however, he seems to take an interest in his own home state. If he has that same attitude as a president, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me, unless he picked a real right winger as a running mate. I personally don't see the hard right wingers voting for him, but I could be wrong. If he does get president, I bet anything democrats would take over congress. It seems to work that way in times past, plus, people do not want republicans having total control of the government. They don't want any party having total control, but it seems to be more so for republicans. These are just my thoughts, no proof for any of it.

I am going to go out on a limb and say, I have no real interest in either one, Warren or Hillary. Warren seems a little radical, Hillary, I think, in the end, won't run. I would vote for Biden over any of them.

Whatever you do...do not make the mistake of thinking of Christie as a good choice...or even a fall-back on choice. He has not been good for our state...and he would be worse for our country.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 03:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A Republican president at this time will only consolidate the teaparty's agenda. For that reason I will not consider voting for even the more reasonable among them.

AMEN!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 03:16 pm
I don't know a lot about Christi and I suspect not that many outside his state do, either. That makes for a more electable candidate.