@hawkeye10,
Quote:
in tune with the universe

That's special.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:10 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm getting more flabbergasted by the minute. A republican congressman said outright to a park ranger that they should suffer.

They've already written off minorities, women, gays and lesbians, seniors, and the majority of Americans who want health insurance. Now, they have the chutzpah to tell government employees "they should suffer."

I'm speechless!

How in the world do they survive all this hate? Is this a "christian/religious" country? When did those people defect from their religious teachings?

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
LOL....I am sure that the american people blame D's almost as much as R's makes you question your own sanity.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're not listening to the right stations about who's winning this battle.

The GOP is in shambles, and are arguing amongst themselves on how to resolve this standoff. Most with some intelligence knows it'll hurt them in future elections.

The GOP is trying to put a positive face on this issue, but the longer they keep the government shut down, more people are losing their jobs. Many struggle from payday to payday. Lockheed-Martin will be laying off over 3,000 workers funded by the government on Monday. These are also voters.

I hope this goes on until they self-destruct.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The intelligence committee is saying that our national security is now compromised by the reduction in staff.

The GOP doesn't care.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Just on Radio Four's The Now Show.

The shutdown will close down museums, libraries and the passport office, so Republican voters aren't likely to be affected.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:48 pm
@izzythepush,
That's true; most rednecks never leave the front of their tv to watch FOX News, and don't even know what museums, libraries, and a passport and what they are for.

TNCFS
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 05:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You're not listening to the right stations about who's winning this battle.

the right stations declared the tea party dead up till 3 months ago

the right stations said that Romney was a joke candidate, but he won 24 states

the right stations said that there was no chance Pelosi would lose the speakership

the right stations took no interest in the oct 1 date till about 3 weeks ago because they believed something would be worked out

and so on and so on.

my mamma having raised no dummy I think I will take a wait and see attitude.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 05:27 pm
The idea that only the Republicans behave this way is baloney. This is despicable behavior on the part of my party, the Republicans, but the Democrats also act like they care more about themselves than the good of the country.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 05:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
CBS poll shows shutdown more unpopular than ObamaCare
POSTED AT 8:41 AM ON OCTOBER 3, 2013 BY ED MORRISSEY
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 05:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon, ObamaCare is already the law of the land. It was approved by congress and the president, and the supreme court upheld it. What has the republicans proposed to this administration that's about the budget?

Do you know the latest reasons the republicans are using to continue this gridlock?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 08:49 pm
WTF, washington post two hours ago posted a story that leads with both sides of this fight digging in for a long fight. that just cant be, because I heard on A2K the the R's have no choice but to capitulate.

I am so confused.

just as a reminder my working date for resolution is Oct 27.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 08:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
you were raised by strangers...?

it is kinda sad that you have no real people that might actually seek your "wisdom" or input, so you come here and regurgitate your false prognostication and narcissism upon us...

kinda really sad.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 09:29 pm
@Rockhead,
hawkeye10 is part of us, I just happen to be from the black sheep side of the family.

do you have anything to say on subject? no? course not.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 09:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
cancer is part of us.

I don't encourage it either...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Brandon, ObamaCare is already the law of the land. It was approved by congress and the president, and the supreme court upheld it. What has the republicans proposed to this administration that's about the budget?

Do you know the latest reasons the republicans are using to continue this gridlock?

What they're doing is despicable and stupid. They should stop at once and let a budget go through. However, I would prefer to see Congress spend less money than to raise the debt limit.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:36 pm
@Brandon9000,
They can easily cut defense spending, but the republicans won't allow it.

Our defense budget is greater than the top 26 countries in this world. That's too much waste. Our government is broken in many ways when their priorities don't match the interest of our own people - over war machinery.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

They can easily cut defense spending, but the republicans won't allow it.

Our defense budget is greater than the top 26 countries in this world. That's too much waste. Our government is broken in many ways when their priorities don't match the interest of our own people - over war machinery.

And as you see it, defense is the only wasteful thing in the budget?
RABEL222

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:45 am
@Brandon9000,
Not the only one. Just the largest. Remember the $700 toilet seat. I bet things like this can be found in abundance if someone beside a general were allowed to look at the military budget. the congress certainly hasent got time to look at these things what with fighting Obamacare.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:51 am
@Brandon9000,
Not the only one but the biggest one where savings can be substantial.

That's also the area where it will be the easiest to cut waste that can impact our national budget.