Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

parados

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If Snowden hadn't let the cat out of the bag, you'd similarly be ridiculing those who claimed that America spies on its allies.

It's been known for a long time that most countries spy on their allies. Surely you know Israel spies on it's allies.
Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 07:00 am
One of the big spy scandals of the 1980s in the United Stares was the Jonathon Pollard case--he was convicted of spying for Israel and is due to be released in a couple of more years (he was convicted in 1987).
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 07:02 am
@parados,
If that's the case why is there such a furore over Snowden's revelations?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 08:25 am
@parados,
Quote:
It's been known for a long time that most countries spy on their allies. Surely you know Israel spies on it's allies.

Governments spying on other governments and terrorist groups is one thing massive spying on the bulk of the first world population is a horse of another color.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 09:38 am
@BillRM,
You got that right, Bill! I wonder why people can't "see it?" We're supposed to be protected by our Constitution.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
I dont think the spying on us citizens without a court order is right or legal. What I am saying is considering that business has been spying on citizens for the last 30 years I am amazed that people were surprised that the government was doing the same. Too bad business isent required to also get a court order to do their spying. And business is even sneaker than government because they "give" you free programs with the spy programs imbedded in them without informing the recipient that they have imbedded spy programs on their computer.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:50 am
@RABEL222,
However, what businesses are doing doesn't break any laws - especially the Constitution. Their power is a commercial one, not to arrest and imprison citizens based on the information they collect.

Under Obama, any citizen can be arrested without charge and put into prison.

From thenewamerican.com.
Quote:
Saturday, 05 January 2013 12:30
Obama Signs 2013 NDAA: May Still Arrest, Detain Citizens Without Charge

This is against our Constitution.
0 Replies