Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:17 am
holy hell, according to Washington Post several new polls have the people blaming R's and D's almost equally. 17 years ago R's got double the blame.

we seem to be getting smarter.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:19 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

holy hell, according to Washington Post several new polls have the people blaming R's and D's almost equally. 17 years ago R's got double the blame.

we seem to be getting smarter.

Maybe the people being polled are getting dumber.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
reguardless it seems that Obama miscalculated again, he thought that if there was a crisis he could tar the R's with so it he has not been very interested in trying to prevent a crisis. he and the D's might want to reevaluate, in spite of the idiot journalists selling the D's press releases about how the R's are stupid and how this is all their fault the American people are clearly not buying the message.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:42 am
Obama did not pick the fight. The Republican demands were meant to force Democrats to capitulate on issues not related to government being funded. Only a fool would have given in.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:46 am
@hawkeye10,
That only proves that the majority of Americans don't know **** from shinola!

The issue is that ObamaCare is already the law of the land. The republicans are trying to dismantle it with their gridlock.

It's right for Obama to refuse negotiating by hostage-taking. The GOP offers piecemeal offers to take huge chunks out of ObamaCare.

Their latest offer to demand that individuals get the same rights as congress and their staff are lies. They must already buy insurance in the open market place.

They continue their fight on lies, and they continue to say Obama won't negotiate.

Ain't gonna happen. That's only proves how ignorant most Americans are.

Equally blamed? LOL

TNCFS
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:53 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Obama did not pick the fight. The Republican demands were meant to force Democrats to capitulate on issues not related to government being funded. Only a fool would have given in.

power talks. R's can keep the 40% of the government shut down in force till Obama comes around. Hell, a lot of R's think that 40% less government makes it "right sized"

perhaps the D's should have taken R claims that they want less government a wee bit more seriously. this is looking like a repeat if the D's sequester miscalculation
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:55 am
@hawkeye10,
What the "R's" believe is foolish when they're not willing to cut defense spending.

You're too naive to understand such simple concepts. Tax money should be spend on Americans, not by being the world's police.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 11:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
calling the other guy stupid and then sticking your fingers in your ears and stomping your feet only takes you so far. less the hundredth time you do it.

hopefully Obama figures this out eventually.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 11:05 am
@hawkeye10,
I calls em the way I sees em, and you're an easy target. Why don't you answer some of my questions about your claim that my posts are lies or inaccurate.

Like I said, you should be able to find it in some of my over 86,000 posts on a2k.

I like to challenge people like you, and I have also stated many times that people are welcomed to challenge mine.

When I have made mistakes, I usually apologize and thank the person for telling me what my mistakes were.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 12:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am not that interested in the avitar CI, I am here for the ideas and as part of my effort to more closely be in tune with the universe (better understand). I run the avitar Hawkeye10 in that interest.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 12:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
That sounds good, and I have no quarrel with it. I'm here to be entertained and educated, and have enjoyed a2k for those purpose. I've also met many friends on a2k, and have met many personally at meets in London, Philadelphia, Lippstadt, Houston, Austin, Chicago, Hamburg, and San Francisco. I hope to meet more some day in Boston and New York - and even next month in Budapest.

I enjoy challenges to keep my grey matter working as well as possible. As a senior of 78 years, it becomes more important.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 12:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
recent science says use it or lose it. I guess that you heard.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 01:50 pm
It's my opinion that the right wing Republican extremists have already been given in to more than we should have. That in my opinion is a large part of the reason teabaggers retain so much clout.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 01:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
If Obama gives them an inch, they'll demand ten miles, and the idea of negotiation will be endless and lose-lose for all Americans.

No must remain NO! No negotiating with hostage takers. If it works once, they'll use it in the future without any end.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 01:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I just heard on tv that Americans are disgusted with what's going on in Washington, but we're the ones that continues to elect them to "represent" us.

TNCFS
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 02:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A third party has a very good chance of winning all seats of congress and the presidency.

The two party system isn't working, and won't work in the future.

I'd like to see more women in our government, but not the likes of Palin and Bachmann, extremists who doesn't understand the fundamentals of what a democracy is nor how governments function.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

If Obama gives them an inch, they'll demand ten miles, and the idea of negotiation will be endless and lose-lose for all Americans.

No must remain NO! No negotiating with hostage takers. If it works once, they'll use it in the future without any end.

there is liitle difference between this and the long practice of attaching either pork or unpopular legislation to bills that "have" to pass and have zero to do with the tack-ons. this is how power manifests when process breaks down. Obama's shrill complaints are empty rhetoric, his explanation for why his will must prevail with out so much as a hearing is a sham. Obama is the wife who informs her husband that this years vacation will be on an East Caribbean cruse and she has the ship picked, hubby has no choice but to come or not come, and anything else that he might want to do is irrelevant. hubby wants to talk about it, wife says "shut up idiot, this is what we are doing!". this is not how you treat your partner, and make no mistake D's and R's are partners. they might sink together if they dont understand this
parados

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 02:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
there is liitle difference between this and the long practice of attaching either pork or unpopular legislation to bills that "have" to pass and have zero to do with the tack-ons.

Little difference? What kind of nonsense are you trying to peddle? Pork in bills doesn't shut the government down if it isn't approved. Pork in bills requires compromise in the process of passing the legislation. It doesn't put 800,000 workers out of work.

Quote:
Obama's shrill complaints are empty rhetoric, his explanation for why his will must prevail with out so much as a hearing is a sham.
A sham? I guess if you have no consideration for the US Constitution you could consider it that. The legislative process requires that legislation be passed by both houses and signed by the President or his veto overturned. This is not a legislative process because the legislative process doesn't shut the government down.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 02:52 pm
@parados,
Hawk is right. We need to elect 100% of the republicans to congress and the presidency. After 4 or 6 years of their shyt i'll bet a republican couldent be elected dog catcher. That is if we would have the right to vote after that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:13 pm
@RABEL222,
Don't worry! Many still believe in the conservative party, and they will be reelected into our government(s).

TNCFS
0 Replies