Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:05 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

ultimately, that is what happened. Congress, even though its elected to do our business, is pretty much clueless.
ALL OF EM. Lets not finger point because they (both sides) are playing nyah nyah politics.

course when you say that the response is always "well that just intellectual laziness"......well no, that is just were a close rational evaluation of the evidence goes!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:23 am
@farmerman,
This is true. Both sides playing games I mean. But one side has to give some to the other. In Obamas defense he was willing to give. He did give some but reached the point where he finally realized that every time this and the debt cealing came up the conservatives were going to pull this same shyt. Its time to draw the line and tell them to do their worst. Maybe if it hurts enough people the conservatives will wake up to reality. But I doubt it. Like CI says "you cant cure stupid".
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:32 am
@RABEL222,
obama is the #1 Leader in that town and he has provided about zero leadership on this issue, he should get no pass for his failure.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:33 am
@RABEL222,
You are totally correct. You can't deal with people who continue to take hostages to deal. If you deal with them once, because you wish to save the pain, the hostage taking will continue into the far future; it's endless.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 11:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Is it true that Stan Lee & Steve Ditko based their "The Joker" character on Ted Cruze?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 11:59 am
@glitterbag,
Never thought of that! LOL
0 Replies

RVblast

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:04 pm
I realize the republicans can’t get over the fact Obama care has past house and senate and is law now. And I realize it’s not fair that congress is exempt from obamacare its BullShit but it’s the way our system works. Both parties need to come together for the greater good of this country and figure out how to budget and not over spend and dig us out of this mess period, that’s their job and what they got elected for by the people. We need to stop dividing this county between 2 parties since we pretty much all want the same thing the American Dream which I hope is still Alive.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:05 pm
@RVblast,
Amen
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:20 pm
The idea that the problem is a refusal to negotiate is utter rubbish. Every issue since 2008 has been uber negotiated to death. Paying the bills our government racks up should never be held hostage in order to slip in the reversal of law the Supreme Court has deemed constitutional. Makes us look foolish and ridiculous.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:49 pm
@glitterbag,
That's the reason why congress' performance rating is at 10. They don't even give a **** about that! They prefer playing politics with people's lives/livelihoods.

What can we do? We vote those people into congress as "our representatives."

There are too many masochist voters in this country. They love pain for politics sake.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We have turned politics into a sport complete with cheerleaders.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 01:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Sports has their own pros and cons and affects only the owners, players, and fans (a smaller population); but politics affects everybody.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 01:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes I agree they are smaller, but politics are much more ruthless.
Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 01:30 pm
@glitterbag,
The saddest part of all this mishigas is there really has been no precedent - that is NOT like 1996, where they approved temporary allocations for some essential services. With this behavior there is no accommodation...this is completely morally bankrupt.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 03:19 pm
@Ragman,
The Tea Party doesn't know how to negotiate any compromise. Even Reagan and Tip O'Neal were able to accommodate the other with compromise.

Reagan (as well as Tip) is probably rolling in his grave.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 03:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
the polling I am looking at has D's blamed more by 35% and the R's 45%....not that big a difference. do you see different numbers somewhere?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 03:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
Congress as a whole are doing badly; that means both sides are at fault.

I'm not sure where you got your polling results, but latest polls show that congress' performance rating is at 10%.

From today's article.
Quote:
The 3 Reasons Congress' Approval Rating Is At 10%

A new poll places Congress' approval rating at an all-time low.

After several years of Congress’ approval rating slumming in the 20s and the teens, a new CNN/ORC poll places the approval rating for Congress at a record low of 10%.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 03:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That 10% would be a lot lower if they hadn't polled friends and family.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 06:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You've just been corrected by Frank Apisa, the great editorial writer, the guy who was top of his English class in grade 6.

Don't you feel honored, CI?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 11:05 am
Why worry about the Taliban/al Quida when we have the GOP destroying our country from within?

They just wrote off 800,000 jobs and more from the impact that'll have to other businesses and lives. They just don't care.

All national parks are now closed. People who made plans to visit them are just out of luck! They spent their money to make reservations at airlines and hotels many months ago; all wasted.

They want to destroy Obamacare that's already the law of the land.

Why do people continue to vote for them>? Makes me wonder.